Ugly
3rd quarter
Greene. looks like the product of inbreeding
Dawes was a s**t truck
Jones was terrible, no impact whatsoever finished in the forward line
complete inability to halt a 14 goal run

Woeful second half. #@%*ing terrible result the weak conts

Ugly:
- Paul Roos' selection on Thursday night. He should have known the Giants' midfield depth and speed would be hard to deal with, but he still insisted on bringing in a half-baked player in Dawes. The team won handsomely in R1, why change it?

Roos needs to take some heat for this. As poor as the Melb mids were, structurally the game was lost from the get-go. Lucky not to lose by 100, Giants didn't kick accurately in Q2.

Good:
TMac was good on Cameron for the most part. Salem fought.

The rest:
No leadership, no accountability, no run, no nothing in HALF a game of football. Players jogging and blaming each other. Mumford put on a clinic. This team knows how to absolutely kill any momentum or positivity in such a short time. Its the same old story.

Thanks Melbourne for killing my weekend.

awtS0w.gif

Last edited:
Wellity wellity wellity. I dared to dream, when I should've known better.

Good - 1st half.
Bad - 2nd half.
Fugly - 2nd half.

Good:
- First quarter, brilliant.
- TMac just owned Cameron, played like a boss.
- Hogans contested marking and enthusiasm to run into opponents

Bad:
- second half, captain obvious
- s**t umpiring, story of our lives
- Dawes, not in our best 22. He's simply a decoy forward.
- Jones, was terrible all day.

Fugly: getting monstered by the Mummy.

Good: McDonald, Hogan, Watts

Bad: Was there even a single coaching move made to try and turn the game around or was it just that all changes were invisible due to the insipid lack of effort?

Fugly: Lack of heart and pride. At no point was there even a hint of the possibility of regaining momentum. After fighting off challenges last week, this was a huge letdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But... All is not lost. We were great for a half, got shafted by the umpiring and they pulled at least three of their goals from deep within their rectums. I reckon they were gifted three or four through poor umpiring decisions.
Best of all, Dylan Shiel has put off contract negotiations to the end of the season. If he wants to come home it's going to be us, the Saints and the Blues that have the front running.

In all seriousness, the only way to address this as a club is probably just to shrug it off. The worst thing we could do (especially as a playing group) is let this drag us down. We have mental fortitude issues, but agonising over another disgraceful loss isn't going to help. I want the club to do the game review, then banish the game forever.

All sides play stinkers. I don't want this game setting us off into a death spiral. Learn from it and move on.

Dawes copping a lot of flack considering jones, tyson and vince all had stinkers. Forward line didn't see the ball apart from the odd shelling in the 2nd half. We were destroyed in the middle. Probably as bad as i've seen jones and tyson

Fugly: Everything in the second half but midfield most of all. No tackling pressure at all, Giants were harder at the footy and killed us every time we got close to the pill, when they got it they moved it with no distractions, our players were 3-5 metres away from them.

Good: McDonald was sensational. First Q was 10/10. Hogan is a beast and I thought Salem was good for us from half back.

Bad: N Jones makes a rare appearance here. Needed more from him. He wasn't in the centre for a lot of bounces in the 3rd q when we could not touch the ball not sure why not why. Howe played like he was pissed and Dawes was completely hopeless.

Ugly: Meek capitulation.

Good:
  • Hogan - Competed like a beast. Must have been frustrated as f*** by that second half showing.
  • TMac - Has grown into the key defensive role with the departure of Frawley. A commanding presence in the face of adversity.
  • Viney - A debatable good. Worked hard, but was swamped in the second half, and disposal is still meh. He has a genuine crack though, which was a lot more than could be said about a number of others.

Bad:
  • Kent - Learn to kick or GTFO. I can tolerate it with Viney because he's an inside mid who tackles like a beast. I cannot tolerate it with you. Not AFL standard.
  • Dawes - Learn to take a contested mark or GTFO. Hogan has your measure in this regard and he's played 2 AFL games. It is embarrassing.
  • Tyson - Poor. Clanger central.
  • Jones - Non-existent.
  • Howe - Non-existent.
  • No leadership in the second half.
  • Couldn't stick a tackle in the second half to the point that it was embarrassing to watch.

Ugly:
  • The apparent lack of any plan B when the Giants got a run on. Coaching staff didn't earn their money today.
  • I didn't expect us to be brilliant this year, but I the days of blow outs and extended periods of being dominated by an opposition side were gone. They're not.
  • If Jones/Tyson don't fire in the midfield, we're f**ked. We made do with good performances by the lesser lights in the first half, but when the heat was turned up, the midfield melted like butter.
  • Any confidence taken from round 1 has been blown to smithereens.
  • Adelaide @ Adelaide next week. F**K.

Our midfield was horrible in the contested footy today , we were embarrassed inside

Cross, Vince, jones , tyson , Newton, Vandenburg, lumumba etc

Plenty of experience in there and they were shown up big time

Gws have to be applauded though, there pressure was unreal in the second half and they gave us no opportunity to slow the play down and halt momentum .. Reckon they would have embarrassed a lot of sides in that second half

Also the blokes who were saying shiel isn't that good? Poor poor poor

Good:
Reality.
Remembering we've already won 1/4 of the games we did last year.
Actually having hope.
Having beer to ease the pain.
GWS couldn't kick a goal to save their lives despite their 2nd Q domination.
TMAC can hit a target.

Bad:
Reality.
Remembering we've already won 1/4 of the games we did last year.

Fugly:
Next week.... and the 19 weeks after that.
Thinking we'd cover 16.5 at a canter at half time.
Jones, Vince, Tyson, Frost, Dawes, Jetta....
HOWWWWWWWWWEEEEE IS HE GOING TO GET A CONTRACT?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back