Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible Delists
Weedon - may get another go because he is a project player
Neates - too small, but looks a likely type.
Strijk - elite ball user, not fit enough, shame because he looked good in 2010
Stevenson - elite ball user, medium winger/flanker (would try to trade or relist him with a lower pick)

Would be gutted if we let stevenson go, must be something he is not doing for the MC not to select him. I would hate to lose 2 elite kicks off the list because we still have a lot of butchers/poor decision makers.

R
Hamp - struggling to crack a league game
Papertalk - can't crack a league game
Mascoulis - injury prone
Tunbridge - playing ressies at perth

Possible Trades
Stevens - if he wants to go let him, hopefully screw some other club over
Brown - need him but seeing how he was on "The Club" the family wants him home and he looked happy being with his twin.

I think we can only have 4 rookies next year so at least 2 will go. Dick will stay, mcgovern has also shown the goods
Papertalk, mascoulis and tunbridge? Not even been a year since we picked them.....

I'd like to keep Stevenson and Dalziell; I reckon they provide excellent depth.

I love Neates but I think he's just too darn small, I'd delist him with great sadness.
I think Strijk is gone.
Unsure about both Weedon and Wilson. As essentially HBFers now, there are way better options and I am also concerned about Blayne's body. Stevenson is better HBF depth than them.

I'd like to keep Stevenson and Dalziell; I reckon they provide excellent depth.

I love Neates but I think he's just too darn small, I'd delist him with great sadness.
I think Strijk is gone.
Unsure about both Weedon and Wilson. As essentially HBFers now, there are way better options and I am also concerned about Blayne's body. Stevenson is better HBF depth than them.

Wilson is a second year player as was pretty close to getting selected earlier in the year might be excess to our needs down back but he's going well.

Neates, Dalziell and Strijk. But i doubt Dalziell will go unfortunately.
If we lose a player for a pick (Stevens) then Dalziell will stay for sure.

The rookie picks are interesting. Only Dick and McGovern are safe.

Delist: Neates Dalziell Strijk

Possible Trades: Swift Stevens Brown

Dump everyone from the rookie list except McGovern and Dick.

Yeah if we even think about cutting Stevenson I'll go mental. A lot. I think he gets lost on this baord amongst all the Swift/Stevens stuff, but for a pacey winger/HBF who has an amazing kick I can't see why he can't crack an emergency spot or anything like that.

Yeah if we even think about cutting Stevenson I'll go mental. A lot. I think he gets lost on this baord amongst all the Swift/Stevens stuff, but for a pacey winger/HBF who has an amazing kick I can't see why he can't crack an emergency spot or anything like that.
He is, at the very least, tradeable, so I don't think we'd delist without at least fielding EOIs. ;)

It seems Stevenson has been close to selection lately, but he is a victim of circumstances. We have 1.5billion HBF's and the wings held down by Gaff/Rosa/Embley. Obviously tough to crack a game. I am a fan though, I hope we keep him. He was very good in the NAB cup, I expected to see him at some point during the season proper.

Strijk will be cut. The other two most likely (aside from Stevenson) are Neates and Weedon.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a retirement from Embley, either.

Read on here that the rookie lists are being cut to 4 next season and that the main lists will be extended by a few also .

So in that case , Dick and McGovern could be promoted to the main list in 2013 .

The names some people are putting up to be delisted are just ridiculous!! Obviously have not been paying attention.

Don't like Neates being delisted because he is too small and no other reason. Bloke over at Adelaide called Callinan who couldn't crack an AFL gig for 10 years because he wasn't tall enough and has proven he has the goods.

Callinan is a FP at Adelaide, and he's kicking goals. Neates is wasted on WC's list because if he does play at WC, he'll be used as a FP, all while being used as a wingman for Claremont. Neates isn't getting to tune his WC role when playing for Claremont. How effective is he going to be if he does get a gig for WC? Neates is delist worthy because he has no niche. Any player that small needs one to get by on at the elite level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The names some people are putting up to be delisted are just ridiculous!! Obviously have not been paying attention.

Which players do you mean? Don't disregard the opinions of others without putting your own up for analysis.

Would like to see Hamp play HF
when draft he had excellent repeat sprint times which is excellent for a full forward but I have noticed his agility from time to time, if he worked on his endurance he might be able to play as a tall HF (191cm)though not sure about his decision making!

I have a feeling this will soon be the best thread on our team board.
JuddNatural.png

Callinan is a FP at Adelaide, and he's kicking goals. Neates is wasted on WC's list because if he does play at WC, he'll be used as a FP, all while being used as a wingman for Claremont. Neates isn't getting to tune his WC role when playing for Claremont. How effective is he going to be if he does get a gig for WC? Neates is delist worthy because he has no niche. Any player that small needs one to get by on at the elite level.

He would need to displace Hams as small forward and i can not see that happening. Hams was not a natural forward when drafted but he has made it his own and has done a decent enough job. Its a shame as Neates does have alot of talent but he is a mid and a very undersized one at that too.

Dalziell's injury has done a lot to keep supporters off his back. Out of sight, out of mind, I suppose.

I'm not saying he should get delisted though; just noting that last year when he was a year younger and actually playing people wanted him gone but now they don't.

Neates, Dalziell and Strijk would be the three that I'd delist.
If we have a dire need for list spots, then possibly delist Weedon then pick him up in the rookie draft?

Would Justin Sherman be worth looking at? I don't think he'd cost much in a trade and his best football is good. The only question is whether he can recapture it.

Why would anybody want scum like that playing for their club?

neates, strijk and weedon altho they may have to delist more if they want to upgrade dick and/or mcgovern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back