Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like West Coast is very keen on De Goey if he makes it to #11. I've got my fingers crossed that someone nabs him first so that West Coast don't have the opportunity to draft him! With Duggan looking likely to go at #8 I'm hoping even more that we draft Weller. Will be a fantastic player and with his poise, pace and kicking skills is what West Coast is most lacking in.

Laverde reminds me of Jarred Brennan, someone who will do some freakish things on the footy field but will also frustrate just as much as well.

I wouldn't go that far but yes he is somewhat overrated on bigfooty.

Sounds like West Coast is very keen on De Goey if he makes it to #11. I've got my fingers crossed that someone nabs him first so that West Coast don't have the opportunity to draft him! With Duggan looking likely to go at #8 I'm hoping even more that we draft Weller. Will be a fantastic player and with his poise, pace and kicking skills is what West Coast is most lacking in.

De Goey is a ******* stud. I hope he drops to us but I think its unlikely.

Describe him to me, Masto. Win me over! :)

What's not to like? Comes from a rugby background. Has huge potential as an inside midfielder with excellent skills and a powerful kick. Pace is good. Someone here compared him to Jordan Lewis, which isn't a bad comparison. Concerns about production are overrated. Would free up Shuey and co to play more outside.

What's not to like? Comes from a rugby background. Has huge potential as an inside midfielder with excellent skills and a powerful kick. Pace is good. Someone here compared him to Jordan Lewis, which isn't a bad comparison. Concerns about production are overrated. Would free up Shuey and co to play more outside.

So who's position would he take in the 22, how would you fit him in?

In the short term he would probably kick Hutchings out. In the long term he would have Priddis' role.

Christ don't tell Eaglemaniac he'll be in tears

That's a pretty reasonable answer, sometimes i forget Hutchings is even part of the 22.

Christ don't tell Eaglemaniac he'll be in tears

That's a pretty reasonable answer, sometimes i forget Hutchings is even part of the 22.

I like Hutchings but he is a pretty limited. If you want to keep Hutchings as a tagger I guess you could move De Goey to a forward flank in place of Hill as SpaceClef suggested.

Great sell! If be happy if we took him if available

Disagree its a valid concern.
I watched a lot of video of his tac games.
He also handballs a lot more than he kicks.
His positives outweigh the negatives though and I would take that risk.

Honestly Cockatoo and DeGoey are both high risk/reward picks.
I would like either one of them.
Cockatoo a little more as he is unique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree its a valid concern.
I watched a lot of video of his tac games.
He also handballs a lot more than he kicks.
His positives outweigh the negatives though and I would take that risk.

Honestly Cockatoo and DeGoey are both high risk/reward picks.
I would like either one of them.
Cockatoo a little more as he is unique.

De Goey isn't much of a risk. Even if he flames out as a midfielder there is still a good chance he makes it as a flanker. Cockatoo I see as both a physical risk due to injury and lack of exposed form/development. Weller I see as a relatively safe pick but still with good upside as a mostly outside player.

This draft is so much more exciting than the last few years.

First time in a while where it hasn't been reasonably obvious who our first pick would be. Sheed, Gaff, Sheppard, Naitanui, Masten were all basically odds-on favourites by the time the draft rolled around and even Newman was fairly strongly linked to us.

(Leaving out Colledge because it was hard to get excited about pick 45)

I agree with Masto, i compared De Goey to Lewis. He is a ready made player who is big bodied can play inside or outside has elite disposal and is a good mark and is a goal kicker. Worst case he becomes a hff best case a jordan lewis. Will pick him if available depends on what Gws do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back