Teams Detroit Lions - Honolulu Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Matthew Stafford signs 6 Year $72M deal with Lions

Doubtful, and it doesn't look like he can recover in time .. ditto Calvin Johnson. Should be a good game .. if you are a Packers fan.

Yeah i agree its doubtful. Does anyone know anything about staffords injury? All i know is that it happened, and he wasn't at practice early in the week.

typical STO comment :thumbsdown:

You bother digging that up after all this time?

Why exactly? So you can get a little bit more of my attention?

Ok, here it is. You're still an idiot. Im guessing you forgot about the white text in the quote of my original post. The white text you wrote, and i was playing along to.

Screams like a girl. :p

Nice hit though.

haha i love his energy though ..

like a little kid in a candy store .. when he is talking to shaun rodgers, when he is celebrating with calvin johnson on the TD .. and haha when he is telling the docs to *ing get off of him lol

That's awesome. Great video. What a champion.

We're all gonna be bigger fans of MS as time goes on. Very impressive how he just wanted to play and get that last toss to win the game. That's what defines admiration. Stay level headed and with a running game to help him next season (FastWillieParker?) , this team will be play-off bound before too long.

I think MS has a very good back there already.
I think his problem running wise is his O-Line but i think the talent is there all round on that offense for him to have much success.

They also have an atrocious defense, particularly passing (I think their defensive passer rating is something like 110.)

Stafford is likely to be out for 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury sustained after being hit by a Julius Peppers sack.

Adding insult to injury, the catch that was disallowed to Calvin Johnson was absolutely devastating.

But on a brighter note, Jahvid Best ran in 2 TD's on debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stafford is likely to be out for 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury sustained after being hit by a Julius Peppers sack.
The Stafford injury really hurts. Been really looking forward to a big season from him. Bloody Peppers.

Adding insult to injury, the catch that was disallowed to Calvin Johnson was absolutely devastating.

I still don't really understand what he did wrong. He caught the ball. He landed with the ball. Is that not a TD?:confused:

But on a brighter note, Jahvid Best ran in 2 TD's on debut.
That's true, he has some serious speed. I was really impressed with him.:thumbsu:

here's an interesting stat ...

the Lions are the second highest point scoring team in the NFC. and they've had their starting QB for one half of a game.

one has to wonder what their record would be with Stafford. potentially 4-2? 5-1?

They're also one of two teams in the league with a negative win record but positive points difference. Gone close every game, and won big when we did. Very very frustrating.

Despite what MLive says here...

Lions second-round RB Mikel Leshoure is expected to be the change-of-pace back to Jahvid Best, not the other way around.
As it should be. Even though Leshoure was neck-and-neck with Mark Ingram for the top back on Detroit's board, the coaching staff realizes Best is too talented to take off the field for long stretches. Leshoure will be the short-yardage horse while also handling the "four-minute" drill when the Lions are killing the clock. Best's value does take a hit in standard-scoring leagues with the loss of goal-line work, but he should be just fine in PPR formats.

Source: MLive.com

The drafting of LeShoure is a sign Best is on the way back out to a 3rd down change of pace back or Reggie Bush utility.

LeShoure has the skill-set to be a three-down back.

Especially as Detroit bundled up some picks to trade up and get him.

If the Lions can end up with J.Joseph and Tulloch this week of FA would be very good for them.

Tulloch played for Schwartz when he coached at the Titans so hopefully they have a good relationship, KVB has said he will assist recruiting so I believe they can definitely improve the LB core here.

One of Joseph, Cromartie or Aso would be great, and hopefully get to hold onto Houston as well.

Nice article on the "what if", if the Spartans had stayed in Portsmouth, Ohio, in comparison to another small town like Green Bay.

What if the NFL Had Stayed in Town?

"Sometimes I'll drive by the old stadium," Lisa Carver said, "and it kind of feels like a dream. You can almost hear the cheers from the crowds, even though the place is empty."

Carver is the administrator of the Chamber of Commerce in Portsmouth, Ohio, a river town at the southern tip of the state. The town's population has dwindled to fewer than 20,000 as, over the decades, manufacturing and retail jobs have disappeared, and when Carver, from her car, glances at the stadium she can scarcely believe who once played there:

A National Football League team.

"I often think about how different things might be here if they had stayed in town," she said.

I've got a good feeling about the lions this year they look awesome and are great to watch I've had a big soft spot for lions for a while now and regardless of hat happens this year they have caught my eye.

I have been watching them since 2006 / 07 and the improvement is out of sight:thumbsu:

Former Lions coach Steve Mariucci took what seems like a shot at the man who hired him and fired him — Matt Millen — in explaining how Detroit’s football fortunes have finally turned around.

Mariucci didn’t rip Millen personally, but he did praise Millen’s successor atop the Lions’ front office, Martin Mayhew, for keeping many of the Lions’ scouts on the staff when he took over for Millen — and for following the advice of those scouts.

“There’s some good scouts there,” Mariucci said, per the Detroit Free Press. “I’ve been in a lot of draft rooms around the league, and the Detroit Lions have some good scouts and they just needed to be listened to. And so Martin Mayhew does that. He takes their evaluations and their opinions to heart, as he does with the coaches, and he makes an executive decision based on a lot of information. And that’s where he really excels.”

That sure sounds like Mariucci is suggesting that Millen, who had final say in the Lions’ draft room from 2001 to 2008, didn’t listen to the scouts on high-profile failed picks like Charles Rogers, Joey Harrington and Mike Williams. But Mariucci, perhaps wishing to avoid the scent of sour grapes after Millen fired him in 2005, tiptoed away from criticizing Millen and instead focused on praising Mayhew.

“His approach has been successful so far, so let’s just leave it at that,” Mariucci said of Mayhew. “He’s done a nice job.”

It’s been a long time since anyone has been able to say that about the Lions’ front office.

A perfect start from the Detroit Lions after three weeks.

Following a dramatic second half fightback against the Vikings @ Minnesota where the Lions hadn't won since 1987 (heck, that's before I embraced the Steelers as my team), to force OT, the Lions will look to taking on their next challenge @ Dallas where the Lions have only won TWICE in 10 visits (last being back in 2006). The Lions will attempt to equal their BEST SEASON START since 1980 when the Lions amazingly still missed the play-offs (Divisional tie-breaker) with a 9-7 campaign.

NFL Record: WR Ace Calvin Johnson, who shares the team lead with 16 catches and leads the Lions with 225 receiving yards, is the first player in NFL history to have two touchdown catches in each of his team's first three games.

The remaining 2011 season schedule for the Lions is still a challenging task to surpass a winning record, with trips to New Orleans, Green Bay, Oakland and Dallas to overcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back