Division 2 thread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

8 weeks for effectively ending someones career. with a punch to the face. I hope Cloke presses charges.

That's pitiful by the EFL, have 8 weeks off and come back to have a crack at playing finals. Disgusting.
Poor act and worthy of a big whack, no excuse. 8 weeks maybe a little light in my opinion without knowing the surrounding circumstances.

The injury alone is not career ending though. Other factors such as age and family have also played a role in Clokes decision to retire I’d suggest.

8 weeks is about what you miss with a broken jaw, which I believe is what he has?

Watched the Stream today. A game of ebbs and flows and when I thought Ringwood would overtake East Burwood it was East Burwood that kicked ahead. The media team was clearly supporting Ringwood and they should be embarrassed by that call. The top 4 in Div 2 is clear, the battle for 5th is wide open.

I listened to the coach on 98.1 and was astonished to hear we have 23 players out. I though about 10-12. If we can get some of them back we could snag that 5th spot.

I listened to the coach on 98.1 and was astonished to hear we have 23 players out. I though about 10-12. If we can get some of them back we could snag that 5th spot.
Of the 23, I understand a few will never play again their injuries are so bad. That's football. I think we ran over a chinaman and reversed over him after that. The coach was very vocal today and my perception is the playing group may have just turned the corner.

Interesting name had popped up at Templestowe - Dean Limbach. Kicked 7 in his 1st game but that against Knox.

Could really play back in the day, will be interesting to see how he goes & if his body holds up for the rest of the season.

Women's Div 3 Grand Finalists played off today. East Burwood 25.16-166 to Croydon North MLOC 0.0.0. East Burwood's FF Cecilia Baldassarre kicked a women's league Record 16 or 17 goals. Short of East Burwood's Stuey Wynd's 19 goals but still a remarkable effort as there's no time on in the women's.

Croydon nth not doing well forfeited a few weeks ago and regularly taking the field with low numbers

EB had 17 players and Croydon Nth had 18 players.
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

EB had 17 players and Croydon Nth had 18 players.
The dice will fall soon with some clubs shutting up shop. Croydon Nth has struggled since rejoining the league and is in the same situation when it first left and joined the YVMDFL as it was at the time.

Many clubs are also in the same predicament and just getting by. Sooner or later some clubs are going to fall by the wayside.

The dice will fall soon with some clubs shutting up shop. Croydon Nth has struggled since rejoining the league and is in the same situation when it first left and joined the YVMDFL as it was at the time.

Many clubs are also in the same predicament and just getting by. Sooner or later some clubs are going to fall by the wayside.
Definitely, the financial pressure is there but the pressure for volunteers is even greater. You are only as good as your foot soldiers. Throw in we have a WHIFM generation flowing through as everything is about what's in it for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great comeback win to the Rams today. That makes it 3 games in a row where we have been well behind at half time against Mulgrave and won. 7 goals in the 3rd and then 4 goals in the last against a very strong wind. Mulgrave goalless in the second half. Great to see our Vice Captain play his first game for the season and play really well.

Last edited:
11.6 to 8.15. There’s the game.

Kicking 11.6 with the wind as it was today is an extraordinary effort.

Looks like it was a similar story for Knox getting their first win of the season… 11.7 to 9.14

Always has been the most underrated part of FOOTball… kicking.

The scoreboard decides the game so you’ve gotta put it on there!

11.6 to 8.15. There’s the game.

Kicking 11.6 with the wind as it was today is an extraordinary effort.

Looks like it was a similar story for Knox getting their first win of the season… 11.7 to 9.14

Always has been the most underrated part of FOOTball… kicking.

The scoreboard decides the game so you’ve gotta put it on there!
Definitely, the wind was having an impact all day. My thoughts are the Rams kicking 3 goals into the wind in the last qtr was huge. Mulgrave only managed to kick 1 goal into the wind whilst the Rams got 4. Other than that it was a pretty even performance by both teams.

Another great game today for the Rams. A goal in the dying seconds to win by 3 points. Straight kicking again this week. Players slowly returning and the team is gaining momentum.
Surprised by the flogging Ringwood gave to Tempy.
Second win to Knox. Will be interesting to see how they go against Mulgrave next week.
Big game for us next week. Other interesting games next week will be Wav Blues v Boronia and Ringwood v Heathmont.

Last edited:
Some big games this week starting Friday night with the "Parker Cup". Ringwood v Heathmont. EB v The Basin, Waverley Blues v Borona, Knox v Mulgrave. Templestowe get a training run.

Been a long time since I've seen a scoreless quarter but I got it today with the Rams v Bears. A good old-fashioned slog where you are happy to take the 4 points.

NOTE : The fixture shown for Div 2 on the EFNL Website for Round 13 is WRONG. East Burwood is playing at home against Boronia next week. East Burwood has already played at Boronia Round 4.
After checking with the person who told me this I have removed this because it was wrong. In fact it isn't the EFNL or even the correct Round. The correct facts are, it is Round 14 against Heathmont and the EB season ticket shows us playing away when in fact we are playing at home.

Last edited:
Despite all the scores being in they still haven't got the ladder correct. Worst platform ever. Pay Champagne prices and get light beer delivered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back