Division 4 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can remember Colin playing a final for Coldstream at of all places Lilydale in the early 70,s and he was over 40 then.Excellent choice for the name on the medal.
I think Curly was 45 when he went to Coldstream and from memory he kicked 70 goals that season.

Gawd that is tough day for East Burwood but at least you have your U19's playing at EB in their grand final next Sunday. And revenue wise the Mitcham Football Club tiger army are heading your way to.Where is Cliff?

Last edited:
Anyone got any updates on the Fairpark ruckman? Shocking injury, even the players looked sick.

Disappointing day, alas the weather wasn't on our side. Congrats to Fairpark and Surrey Park it was you day. Great to see everyone back at EB.

Facilities/ground for a final were woeful and as I haven't ventured there for a long time the only improvement is the scoreboard. Well done EFL.

Signing off too 2020.

The ground was in sensational condition considering the rain, much better than we will see at Bayswater in a couple of weeks. Not much undercover though unfortunately. Facilities are fine other than that.

On the game, Fairpark was one of the most courageous wins I've ever witnessed after what happened to their ruckman. Then to go 2 goals down in the last quarter and still win was amazing. East Burwood had no match up for McKendry or Gough (its great having a footy record!!!). They kicked 5 goals between them.

The other point id make was the massive Fairpark crowd. Where were all the East Burwood people?

Absôlutely fantastic win by Fairpark. Lots of guts and determination displayed to get over the line. The old adage "a champion team beats a team of champions" was very relevant on the day. The way Fairpark rallied in the final quarter after the long break was admirable. As a neutral observer the support from Fairpark was amazing with huge numbers in attendance, the way they supported their team was terrific and contributed greatly to the end result.

Loved the game by Mckendry - he can certainly play.

As for East what can you say - beaten by two better teams on the day. Will be interesting to see what happens to them going forward as it's hard to climb the mountain again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absôlutely fantastic win by Fairpark. Lots of guts and determination displayed to get over the line. The old adage "a champion team beats a team of champions" was very relevant on the day. The way Fairpark rallied in the final quarter after the long break was admirable. As a neutral observer the support from Fairpark was amazing with huge numbers in attendance, the way they supported their team was terrific and contributed greatly to the end result.

As for East what can you say - beaten by two better teams on the day. Will be interesting to see what happens to them going forward as it's hard to climb the mountain again.

Climb the mountain again,to much history in that club and many of the old timers back I can assure you they will make the effort or lets hope for the good of EFL football.

Heaps of young kids at EB, quiet a few in the seniors yesterday. They’ll be fine to go again.

Mount Waverley are dead from what I gather . Is that not the case?

I'm not sure whether they are dead but they haven't advertised anything about reformation on their Facebook page for 2020. If they were going to compete next year they would have started to get the word out months ago and apppointed a coach etc. Clubs have already started signing their players.

I remember reading on one of the Southern League threads that their ground was gone to a soccer club now anyway.

I'm not sure whether they are dead but they haven't advertised anything about reformation on their Facebook page for 2020. If they were going to compete next year they would have started to get the word out months ago and apppointed a coach etc. Clubs have already started signing their players.

I remember reading on one of the Southern League threads that their ground was gone to a soccer club now anyway.

Sounds doubtful for 2020 then. Which is really sad.

Climb the mountain again,to much history in that club and many of the old timers back I can assure you they will make the effort or lets hope for the good of EFL football.

I see these kind of statements a lot in different leagues and i never understood it. It makes no difference to EFL football whether East Burwood is in division 1 or division 4. The show goes on.

But as reality sets in that they actually lost i wouldn't mind them going up a division if they go and recruit hard again next year, could be a bit boring. But i guess everyone predicted them to go through undefeated this year. Hopefully Coldy can recruit a bit they weren't far off, when i saw what they did to Fairpark in round 16 i could never have predicted what was going to happen in the Prelim. Opportunity lost.

Last edited:
Of course the EFL doesn't care, but what counts is that we do. We will be making every effort to get out of this division next year.

Last edited:
Of course the EFL doesn't care, but what counts that we do. We will be making every effort to get out of this division next year.

I think you missed the point Cliff, "EFL football" doesn't care. It makes no difference to the comp as a whole where East Burwood or any other team is playing. People drop that line that "the League is stronger with (insert club) playing a higher division" or "(insert club) is too good to be playing division 4 with all their history". There isn't a club in the League that isn't sitting where they belong right now, it doesn't mean you are happy about it and don't want to try and change it.

I think you missed the point Cliff, "EFL football" doesn't care. It makes no difference to the comp as a whole where East Burwood or any other team is playing. People drop that line that "the League is stronger with (insert club) playing a higher division" or "(insert club) is too good to be playing division 4 with all their history". There isn't a club in the League that isn't sitting where they belong right now, it doesn't mean you are happy about it and don't want to try and change it.

Cliff just get all East Burwood volunteers on board tomorrow at the D2 grand final.a great opportunity to make money,the Mitcham football tiger army are heading your way and as a club we have made every effort to get all our supportes including our junior players there tomorrow who are our future.To your U19's good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back