Division 4 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Want. I’m guessing you are referring to Adcock.
Careful with the name there Bobby.

Yeah that would be him. How does he go? I couldn't imagine there would be a whole heap of Div 4 players that could slot straight into a Premier Div side.

Ha ha being a Lions fan I think of Jed every time I see your name & my eyes aren’t what they used to be.

I’ve probably seen the best game Jason played at the top level. Played half back against us & intercepted everything, to the point I asked his back ground. Certainly holds his own at worst.

It is an interesting point. There has been numerous players come from lower grades to become very good players, obviously not so many from 4th.

No idea. Ask the EFL Board. They decided to send them up

You know exactly why because EB believe they are too good a club to be in Div 4. They have been campaigning the EFL since they lost the grand final. The EFL Board didnt just come up with this on their own. Again its an absolute joke.

You know exactly why because EB believe they are too good a club to be in Div 4. They have been campaigning the EFL since they lost the grand final. The EFL Board didnt just come up with this on their own. Again its an absolute joke.
Have to love a good conspiracy. Looks like the Div 3 thread will be more active next year.

I'm sure there must be a good reason that the league will produce shortly.

Perhaps old mate G was correct a strong EB is actually good for the EFL. Look forward to the amazing rise to Premier Division in 2021.

Absolute crap regarding EB.

Perhaps you are on the outer at East Burwood Cliff and do not know what is going on.It seems a pretty strong rumour but I thought the clubs would have to vote on it unless the EFL have the power to allow this.The 5 grade structure has worked out really well so far except for those 3 teams struggling in D4 and no East Burwood there might make life easier for them.The EFL's wish and I am sure all footy lovers would be 5 grades similar to D1 and even D2 this year where any one could beat any one.

Last edited:
^^EB must be a very powerful club if they can manipulate the leauge. Another rumour was the leauge approached EB and Chirnside Park this year to swap and Chirnside Park turned that down. I do love a good rumour though. As far as I am concernced the EFL need to make an announcement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But with no explanation BJS. Responses on FB not so complimentary.

& Cliff is in the outer G? This is now warming up.

There are plenty more rumours out there Bobby and perhaps I will have to start the EFL Forum again.Cliff is perhaps on the outer at East Burwood because of his use of social media,lol. My very reliable sources have said grand final day D4 there was talk of both clubs going to D3 in 2020 and it did not matter who won.

Last edited:
Reeks of evening up the numbers for Berwick In div3.. otherwise doesn’t make any sense. Both divisions would have a bye.

There are plenty more rumours out there Bobby and perhaps I will have to start the EFL Forum again.Cliff is perhaps on the outer at East Burwood because of his use of social media,lol. My very reliable sources have said grand final day D4 there was talk of both clubs going to D3 in 2020 and it did not matter who won.
Yes there are a lot of rumours out there GMac, sadly you seem to be a source for many such rumours. There was never any talk on GF day about both clubs going up. Most of the talk was about the crap venue and the even worse weather and at the end about what needed to be done next year to get a team that could win the GF.
And yes, I have noticed that Berwick haven't given up on coming over to the EFL.

The bitching needs to be moved to the Division 3 thread. By all the bitching all over here and social media, it's a bigger conspiracy than Trumps impeachment.

No matter what the EFL decides about Berwick, they still need Football Victoria to agree and apparantly that isn't going to happen.

It makes sense that the EFL put 9 teams in div 3 in 2020 then move the 9th into div 2 in 2021...add Berwick so there is 10 teams in 2021 in Div 2
Prem 10
Div 1 10
Div 2 10
Div 3 8
Div 4 8
Assuming no other teams come in of course

Yes there are a lot of rumours out there GMac, sadly you seem to be a source for many such rumours. There was never any talk on GF day about both clubs going up. Most of the talk was about the crap venue and the even worse weather and at the end about what needed to be done next year to get a team that could win the GF.
And yes, I have noticed that Berwick haven't given up on coming over to the EFL.

Do you mind my friend."sadly'lol I never put the East Burwood being promoted to D3 on social media.You seem disappointed to gaining promotion and do you mind you did not win the flag,lol.

Last edited:
It makes sense that the EFL put 9 teams in div 3 in 2020 then move the 9th into div 2 in 2021...add Berwick so there is 10 teams in 2021 in Div 2
Prem 10
Div 1 10
Div 2 10
Div 3 8
Div 4 8
Assuming no other teams come in of course

So why do you think the EFL clubs will accept Berwick into D2 in 2021 when they knocked them back for season 2020.

Should have just played the GF at Waverley where the other div 4 finals were.

There was only talk of both teams going up if Berwick came in. There was never talk of randomly promoting a club from a division for reasons that haven't been explained to anyone. East Burwood aren't the first team to lose a grand final. Probably should promote Ringwood they have lost their last 3. Lets give everyone who sooks a prize for coming 2nd. People on here are either lying or very naive if they believe the EFL just decided to offer East Burwood a promotion. East Burwoods leaders have been openly saying they want out of div 4 and have been campaigning the EFL to get promoted.

Most of the talk was about the crap venue

The venue was great the week before except i had to witness Fairpark annihilate Coldy. Never seen a more dominant performance in a final. They had so much talent i think they will go well in Div 3.

The worst part about the Promotion is EB have to venture to Scoresby again. No doubt Scoresby will run the sprinklers all week before their game against the Rams.

Copy of Email sent out to EB members/supporters

On the 19th September the East Burwood Football Club made a submission to the EFL around the Rams playing in Division 3 of the competition next year.
This was based around the four reasons listed below.

1. Equalisation of the competition
2. Player retention
3. Increases in revenue streams
4. Greater opportunities for smaller Division 4 clubs to develop and flourish

Yesterday the club received notification from the league that following consideration by the board at their meeting on October 7th the East Burwood Football Club will compete in the higher grade next year.
This is a great move for the club and a tribute to the huge amount of progress both on field and off field in the last two years. A large factor in the decision was the performance of our Under 19 team in winning the Division 2 premiership this year.

The move will provide some challenges for 2020 but the committee believe it is in the best interests of the club going forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back