No Oppo Supporters Do we need a new coach?

Do we need a new coach ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because benny has left his run too late and now all the better coaches have flawn the coop. Huummmm that sounds like bad administration off well same poo different year.:rolleyes:

All gone, every last one of them. Like who? That happy clappy bloke from Hawthorn? Who else?
Where the * are they, the ground was thick with them up until...when? One got appointed?

Maybe because benny has left his run too late and now all the better coaches have flawn the coop. Huummmm that sounds like bad administration off well same poo different year.:rolleyes:

Which better coaches?

It's easy to accuse Benny of missing the bus, much harder to back it up by stating specifically who we should get, or should have gotten, to replace Dimma.

So who, specifically, are you talking about here when you say "all the better coaches have flown the coop"?

I never claimed that sacking coaches caused our financial problems.

That would be to confuse the symptom with the cause.

The problem was always poor administration.

That poor administration was caused by people who were responsible for a whole range of other problems of which the poor handling of the coaching appointments was one and poor financial management another.

But that much should have been obvious when I separated the two issues in my previous post.

That Benny can dismiss Dimma in favour of a better option isn't at issue -- but nobody has yet suggested, on this board, who that better option might be.

All I've seen so far is a call to sack the coach.

Which suggests to me that we're not talking about sound business decisions -- we're not talking about moving aside one person for somebody who can do the job better. We're talking about making a decision with ZERO idea of what comes next.

So you can carry on till you're blue in the face about "naive and incompetent business thinkers" -- all I'll say is that when it comes to who's "naive and incompetent" we sit on opposite sides of that question as well.
exactly so why the bull dust about the sacking coaches spin over 33yrs?Also there are a plethora of assistants and state coaches out there you just need the right staff
bad admins tip over all industries.Bad workers are moved on
This is where you fail to read arguments in context to the argument;
So you can carry on till you're blue in the face about "naive and incompetent business thinkers" -- all I'll say is that when it comes to who's "naive and incompetent" we sit on opposite sides of that question as well
AGAIN YOU MISSED THE POINT ,BUT I'M NOT DUMBER FOR HAVING READ IT AS I'M USED TO YOUR STUPIDLY CONSTRUCTED AND PERSONAL ONE LINERS

Sacking coaches is not necessarily the downfall, but the mindset behind the move certainly can be.
If decision makers keep thinking that the answer to a footy clubs problems is solved by sacking the coach, they are clueless. Case studies including Richmond, Collingwood in years gone by, now Melbourne and Carlton following suit.
He is but one player in the organisation, and will often be less influential than you think. Get the structures right, the financial footing and then get the right people who are on the right wavelength and invested in the program (and a coach who can run the footy team)...no one's making 33 year old excuses TI.
HAhaha good one Livo case studies and history clearly show that more clubs have been successful for moving the coach on even if in a stable situation.
Great examples the two most incompetent admins in the last 15 years Melbourne and cfc.Collingwood still have no issues .Now why ??BC theyre financially powerful,strong members,but most importantly a top ADMIN Group.What do you know ,RFC take a bow

So you're not optimistic about next year?
not if dimmas coach no, I think choccos def the better coach out of the 2 , not saying we should have him but to me dimmas doesn't seem to have a plan when it all goes wrong. I think we have the talent there but think its time to get a new coach. like peggy said. finals win or fail. everyones entitled to their opinion though

Will be interesting to see if Stuart Dew gets one of the roles on offer this year
Would suspect he'll be at the front of the queue if we fail next year, not that I am expecting us to though

the stars let us down as they were outplayed so why weren't there any moves? Why was batch taken of waite for last ten minutes of second quarter and grimes went and quietened him down then tell me what master dh does? I'll tell you he tells Batch you had a rest son so now you can go back on him brilliant just brilliant. Cotch well beaten by a sick dude so if he was useless for us in the mid why not let rot up forward? You say if we got that free kick it might have turned the game? well if norf kicked straight they would have been up by 40 50 points and that call would have been irrelevant. Seriously keep bringing up excuses like all the lovers that were saying if we don't win a final this year surelly this will be the end of dh but no now they still make excuses get real as we won't and still aren't going anywhere with this coach.
Nice rant!
You read the words but don't understand them!
I said we didn't play well but because our structures are sound we were still in the game!
And this crap about "all the lovers" is very tiresome to be honest.
I'll say it again, I love Richmond and while Richmond retain Dimma I'll support him, that I think he's done, and is doing, a good job is really neither here nor there.
Sunday wasn't his best day but he had a good season.

I'll say it again, I love Richmond and while Richmond retain Dimma I'll support him, that I think he's done, and is doing, a good job is really neither here nor there.

Your acceptance of mediocrity is an inspiration to us all.

Actually, even better, it's a LACK of inspiration -- and we lovers of mediocrity love nothing more than a good lack of inspiration! :)

Nice rant!
You read the words but don't understand them!
I said we didn't play well but because our structures are sound we were still in the game!
And this crap about "all the lovers" is very tiresome to be honest.
Sunday wasn't his best day but he had a good season.
That shows how pathetic you are. Sit here and troll even though you may or may not believe DH is the right man
You're a xxxxxxx TROLL or 33 years of mediocrity has left you insipid

HAhaha good one Livo case studies and history clearly show that more clubs have been successful for moving the coach on even if in a stable situation.
Great examples the two most incompetent admins in the last 15 years Melbourne and cfc.Collingwood still have no issues .Now why ??BC theyre financially powerful,strong members,but most importantly a top ADMIN Group.What do you know ,RFC take a bow

You need to pay closer attention mate.
Collingwood were "in years gone by" section ie back when they did stupid things with the trade war. Having said that, I think the man love McChins had on Buckley meant they cocked up their club for no good reason ie nearly won a flag when Malthouse was being booted for Bucks.
Melb and Carlton are there because they did the stupid messiah option with Malthouse and Roos.
RFC are doing the right thing as mentioned in my earlier post. No short cuts, strong foundation, sustainable future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That shows how pathetic you are. Sit here and troll even though you may or may not believe DH is the right man
You're a xxxxxxx TROLL or 33 years of mediocrity has left you insipid
Are you abusing me on line??? Careful there.
You understand nothing IMO, your opinion is worthless but I do uphold your right to have it and post it, I won't put you on ignore because it makes threads hard to follow at times but it would be in both of our best interests to not respond to each other.
I'll sniff my flowers and you can wallow in your bile. :)

Hey! Ease up there big fella. Unnecessary.
It's a bit annoying though livo. You think you're arguing with someone who genuinely believes everything is fine and all this time he's trolling. I knew he was , but the dude to basically admit it frustrates me bc he's a thread derailer. He will be on ignore as he's a fake at least you're genuine
He must be DH wife behind the scene ;)

Are you abusing me on line??? Careful there.
You understand nothing IMO, your opinion is worthless but I do uphold your right to have it and post it, I won't put you on ignore because it makes threads hard to follow at times but it would be in both of our best interests to not respond to each other.
I'll sniff my flowers and you can wallow in your bile. :)
No but you are a joke bc you basically bob up to ruin threads.
Bye bye Mrs DH

Last edited:
You need to pay closer attention mate.
Collingwood were "in years gone by" section ie back when they did stupid things with the trade war. Having said that, I think the man love McChins had on Buckley meant they cocked up their club for no good reason ie nearly won a flag when Malthouse was being booted for Bucks.
Melb and Carlton are there because they did the stupid messiah option with Malthouse and Roos.
RFC are doing the right thing as mentioned in my earlier post. No short cuts, strong foundation, sustainable future.
Agree , but again you are rehashing my earlier points strong Admin is more important than the coach. As they will get the right guy and run the club bullet proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back