Certified Legendary Thread Do you stand up to wipe?

Do you stand up to wipe?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

seriously i had gone 31 years not knowing that people stood up to wipe, i didn't even know it was an option. Mind = Blown.

mind-exploding-gif.gif

It shouldn't be an option

Great thread! Anyone else here use a landing pad? Came across it a couple months ago, Im a new man
Often use a landing pad if I'm using the ensuite and don't want my gf to hear the bombing of Pearl Harbour. Great thing.

Hairy arse and the effect it has on wiping, discuss.
Might be getting a bit graphic here but I find its only a hassle with a certain type (consistency, if you will) of poos. Most of the time its fine for me. You know those mini soy sauce bottles you get with sushi? A guy I work with carries one of those around with him (full of water) and uses it to moisten toilet paper if necessary. Wouldnt do it myself but he swears by it

I think it may have been bought up here, or maybe another thread, but is there a reason we don't use moist towelettes or something to wipe? If you get poo on your hand for some reason, you aint wiping it off with paper, you wash your hands with water. Why do we use dry paper on our butts?

Just saw this thread now & at first thought it was a pisstake, but it appears not...I kinda wish I need a dump now so I can try this 'wiping while standing' malarkey - seriously that's got to be one of the more ridiculous things I have heard in my almost 50 years on this ****ed up planet.

I think it may have been bought up here, or maybe another thread, but is there a reason we don't use moist towelettes or something to wipe? If you get poo on your hand for some reason, you aint wiping it off with paper, you wash your hands with water. Why do we use dry paper on our butts?
Have you ever been to south east asia (parts) or south america? They use these little mini showerhead-type things there. Not sure what its called but we settled on bumgun. I was sceptical at first but tried it and never been so clean. If I ever own my own house Im having one

Have you ever been to south east asia (parts) or south america? They use these little mini showerhead-type things there. Not sure what its called but we settled on bumgun. I was sceptical at first but tried it and never been so clean. If I ever own my own house Im having one
Yeah, that is a Bidet. I will be getting one of them in my next house too :p

Been asking every one I know about this all week and not one person had any idea that people stood, still not sure if this is one massive stitch up.

I use "wet ones/baby wipes" along with paper, they are a must imo.
If you have never done it give it a try you will be shocked as to what the paper leaves behind :eek:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that is a Bidet. I will be getting one of them in my next house too :p
I thought bidets are stationary. The thing Im talking about is a mini version of this

13047916765970p.jpeg

Just flush them.
Flush them down the toilet...
If you have a septic system its going to cost you big time when you need to get the system cleaned

If you're on deep sewage you are causing big issues at the poo plants

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-...em-tolietry-products-cause-sewage-woe/5967654

"The growing menace is the wet wipe, we estimate one in three people are flushing these down the loo," she said.

"We pull around 120 tonnes of wet wipes from the sewage network each year and if you stretched out the wet wipes from end to end they would stretch all the way to New Zealand.

"We are asking people to not flush them, but to put them in the bin and that saves us having to screen them out in our sewage treatment plants."

Wet wipes are not flushable, not even the ones that have labelling saying they are. Regulators are trying to change the labelling laws to stop it happening.

What do you do with the moist towellettes after you wipe though. Put them in the bin? Thats friggin gross

There are many places around the world where you can't flush toilet paper.
Unless of course you want to see everything that went in to come back out again
A little bin is your only option

There are many places around the world where you can't flush toilet paper.
Unless of course you want to see everything that went in to come back out again
A little bin is your only option
Greece is a one such place, my Aunt put up a couple of Greek exchange students once, and it took a couple of days to discover that the girls didn't realise the British sewage system is an improvement on the Greek one.

Greece is a one such place, my Aunt put up a couple of Greek exchange students once, and it took a couple of days to discover that the girls didn't realise the British sewage system is an improvement on the Greek one.

Yeah Greece was my first experience with it
Pretty common in Asia and South America

Not completely. A lot of the british sewer system is a hundred plus years old.

For eg

"At least we’re not quite as bad off as London, with its Victorian sewers. This summer, the British press went nuts writing about a fifteen-ton blob of cooking grease, bound together with fibrous material from wet wipes, that was discovered under the streets of the Borough of Kingston Upon Thames. It was the size of a city bus. It quickly became known as the “fatberg,” and had almost completely stopped up an eight-foot-diameter pipe, threatening to flood the whole neighborhood."

Back