Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Also i got myself a new videocard on friday, began looking into video capture software so i can record myself playing around and maybe uploading stuff to youtube. If i can find software that's easy to use and decent enough quality i'll upload some cricket videos to showcase how good i am at some things and how shockingly bad i am at others.

Download Fraps for recording videos.

Has there been another patch? I just resumed my test match and bam, straight away whilst I was batting I edged it 4 times through to the keeper! Off straight bat blocks and drives... Now the AI is batting and tonking me around the park like its and ODI! Maybe I just have to tighten up my field placements but they are going after every ball now! Interesting time to go for the slog when your 100+ runs behind. :rolleyes:

Testing it out, i might buy it.... not sure of that yet though.

Have tried the onboard capture of msi afterburner (very good but can't get audio on it for some reason argh)
Fraps (next best quality wise)
The Nvidia Geforce Shadowplay capture program (this would be good if it were universal and able to record EVERY game instead of just a select few).
Open Broadcaster Software - the main one i have been using, just wish the video quality was a bit better.

Online mode is great! Got to lunch in a Test vs a mate.

Eventful first session, he chose to bat. Johnson and Harris each finding the edge a few times One edge I got and the keeper pouched it but the umpire didnt hear it and I didnt appeal.
no-new.gif

Ah well, got a few early wickets and now Bell is fighting back. Good match so far.
thumbsup.gif

133.jpg

Has there been another patch? I just resumed my test match and bam, straight away whilst I was batting I edged it 4 times through to the keeper! Off straight bat blocks and drives... Now the AI is batting and tonking me around the park like its and ODI! Maybe I just have to tighten up my field placements but they are going after every ball now! Interesting time to go for the slog when your 100+ runs behind. :rolleyes:

Do you bat for all those overs or simulate it?

Getting more and more convinced that stats mean squat in this game. Finding it just easy to make a 50 with Sulieman Benn as I do with Don Bradman. And same with bowling, you would think that once you get a team 7 or 8 down you can finish off the tail on most occasions, but it seems like a number 10 is just as likely to make runs that a high order batsman. In fact its harder to dismiss the tail than it is to remove the middle order.

I read that people have tried lowering the stats to 0 for everything for the AI and it makes no difference in how many runs they score, or how easy their bowling is to face.

This could be a game killer for me. What was the point of spending hours creating players if their skills make no difference?

Last edited:
Do you bat for all those overs or simulate it?
I dont simulate anything. I play every ball.

Thats not convincing your picking up the batting prowess of the tail.. from the tail end, or the 'reverse top order as they're known these days'... Im not going to play against the AI anymore until a patch or gameplay mod is made with realistic AI batting and realistic edges.

Im getting into online mode now, much more enjoyement then playing the AI at the moment.

Got my first hat-trick as a spinner, only in the big bash but I'll take it. So satisfying tossing up a slider to Agar and getting him on the back foot, plumb in front of middle stump. Really shouldn't have gotten it though, the first wicket of Mitch Marsh was a howler from the ump. Given LBW, hit him on the pads just outside off and going over the stumps, they didn't choose to review so I'll happily take that wicket.

Getting more and more convinced that stats mean squat in this game. Finding it just easy to make a 50 with Sulieman Benn as I do with Don Bradman. And same with bowling, you would think that once you get a team 7 or 8 down you can finish off the tail on most occasions, but it seems like a number 10 is just as likely to make runs that a high order batsman. In fact its harder to dismiss the tail than it is to remove the middle order.

I read that people have tried lowering the stats to 0 for everything for the AI and it makes no difference in how many runs they score, or how easy their bowling is to face.

This could be a game killer for me. What was the point of spending hours creating players if their skills make no difference?

Im starting to worry that you might be right ...

I dont simulate anything. I play every ball.

Thats not convincing your picking up the batting prowess of the tail.. from the tail end, or the 'reverse top order as they're known these days'... Im not going to play against the AI anymore until a patch or gameplay mod is made with realistic AI batting and realistic edges.

Im getting into online mode now, much more enjoyement then playing the AI at the moment.

Surely in online mode you would be able to place fields that make it almost impossible to score?

Surely in online mode you would be able to place fields that make it almost impossible to score?
Not really. You obviuously dont edit your fields and play ring fields no slips.. unless your a dog.

You can generally hit a couple gaps or go over the top once your confidence is up. I guess Im lucky I havent played someone exploiting the obvious dogacts.

Not really. You obviuously dont edit your fields and play ring fields no slips.. unless your a dog.

You can generally hit a couple gaps or go over the top once your confidence is up. I guess Im lucky I havent played someone exploiting the obvious dogacts.

You've got some pretty realistic strike-rates - how do you approach your innings? Do you defend at all? Get your eye in? Or just hit shots from the outset?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im starting to worry that you might be right ...

Just brought up another swashbuckling 50 with Ishant Sharma against England in a test match... o_O

Seems to always be a common pattern. Get to 5/80 odd. Then struggle along until 9 and 10 magically find the ability to bat like Ponting

Just brought up another swashbuckling 50 with Ishant Sharma against England in a test match... o_O

Seems to always be a common pattern. Get to 5/80 odd. Then struggle along until 9 and 10 magically find the ability to bat like Ponting
Wouldn't you thereby be making 50 runs with every player instead of tail enders? Maybe you just settle in better and after a while play the right way...

It would make no sense that your tailenders would be better than anyone else if as you say stats mean nothing.

Wouldn't you thereby be making 50 runs with every player instead of tail enders? Maybe you just settle in better and after a while play the right way...

It would make no sense that your tailenders would be better than anyone else if as you say stats mean nothing.

Zero stats or "normal stats" - it always seems easier to make runs with the lower order. I don't know why. I've tried everything like trying to see out the new ball and seeing off bowlers, blocking out the first 20 overs of a test with the higher order. Everything. It seems to be a weird thing built in the game maybe. I just cant work it out.

With the AI, again, regardless of the stat situation tailenders make too many runs and are hard to get out.

It was like this pre-patch as well.

Last edited:
You've got some pretty realistic strike-rates - how do you approach your innings? Do you defend at all? Get your eye in? Or just hit shots from the outset?
I approach my innings like its a test match. Block out first 15 overs or so then only use ground strokes until I build confidence. They'll eventually work the field out and put some players in your spots and thats when I either get impatient and get out or just nudge it around and build the score.

I could probably attack more for a higher run rate but I nicked the ball 4 times last innings so Im not going all out.

I'm starting to play like an empty headed person again, started off the T20 competition well (top score of 30), but would rarely go above 11.

Struggling to even belt the ball around in the quick match mode:(, went back into the nets to relearn timing but i guess i'll give up slogging the ball around for quick and easy XP boosts (it's a key reason as to why i rocketed from the 400's to inside the top 50 in the online leaderboard rankings for total XP.... but i'm now outside 60).

Have ranked up 8 levels so far with all of the XP i have earned.

Last edited:
AI field settings haven't really bothered me until now. Played a T20 and had a spinner opening the bowling to me with 4 slips and no one in front of point on the offside. :confused:

Its things this they stuffed up and missed which is stopping this game from becoming so much more.

Tabletop cricket still a thing?
Yep it is. To ensure that DBC14 had as many resources available to it as possible, people were pulled off TableTop to ensure that DBC14 made it to market.

We've got people back on TableTop, I've given it a bit of a go in my time and it's definitely a lot different to DBC14 in it's makeup (with some less 'simulation' similarities) but a heap of fun.

Yep it is. To ensure that DBC14 had as many resources available to it as possible, people were pulled off TableTop to ensure that DBC14 made it to market.

We've got people back on TableTop, I've given it a bit of a go in my time and it's definitely a lot different to DBC14 in it's makeup (with some less 'simulation' similarities) but a heap of fun.
Releasing this year? Old Gen only?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back