Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully their not the next Cale Morton, Tom Scully Jordan Gysberts etc, but the fact their 186cm 90kg, as opposed to 186cm 71kg ringing wet is probably a good start. I like the fact we got the 2 blokes who have been touted as players who will instantly make an impact at a club, such as an Ollie Wines, because believe it or not, just because they have an immediate impact, doesn't mean they peak at 21.

The other interesting thing I'd like to point out is that Petracca, McCartin and Brayshaw i'm lead to believe were our top 3 rated, Lever and an absolutely smoky in Vicker-Willis filled out our recruiters top 5, we we're genuinely thinking about taking them at pick 3. Lever was always going to be gone once we passed on him, but Vickers-Willis nearly slipped to 40, (pick 36) had we nabbed him, for us it would've have been the perfect draft, so he'll be the one I'll be looking out for in the future, because the department, especially Roos, had a huge rap for him. No doubt he'll become the next gun defender at North Melbourne.

Hopefully their not the next Cale Morton, Tom Scully Jordan Gysberts etc, but the fact their 186cm 90kg, as opposed to 186cm 71kg ringing wet is probably a good start. I like the fact we got the 2 blokes who have been touted as players who will instantly make an impact at a club, such as an Ollie Wines, because believe it or not, just because they have an immediate impact, doesn't mean they peak at 21.

The other interesting thing I'd like to point out is that Petracca, McCartin and Brayshaw i'm lead to believe were our top 3 rated, Lever and an absolutely smoky in Vicker-Willis filled out our recruiters top 5, we we're genuinely thinking about taking them at pick 3. Lever was always going to be gone once we passed on him, but Vickers-Willis nearly slipped to 40, (pick 36) had we nabbed him, for us it would've have been the perfect draft, so he'll be the one I'll be looking out for in the future, because the department, especially Roos, had a huge rap for him. No doubt he'll become the next gun defender at North Melbourne.

And also we have Roos McCartney and co developing these kids instead of the 2007-2013 administration.

The scary part is that with these new blokes, we will still see improvement from Tyson, Viney, Salem, JKH, Toump, etc, hopefully Trengove gets fit and firing again, and also input our new recruits in Lumumba, Frost (with more development), Newton (with more development) and Garlett. It's looking scarily good.

The scary part is that with these new blokes, we will still see improvement from Tyson, Viney, Salem, JKH, Toump, etc, hopefully Trengove gets fit and firing again, and also input our new recruits in Lumumba, Frost (with more development), Newton (with more development) and Garlett. It's looking scarily good.
I'm not use to nice things stop

This is from Knightmare's Phantom Draft. The guy does a lot of good work, so for him to rate our two later picks this high... What a steal!!!

#21 St Kilda - Alex Neal-Bullen (SA – Mid)
Height: 181.5cm, Weight: 76.05kg, DOB: 09/01/1996
Recruited from: Glenelg
Range: 20-50
Profile: Contested ball winner.

#22 St Kilda – Oscar McDonald (VIC – KPD)
Height: 197.1cm, Weight: 93.5kg, DOB: 18/03/1996
Recruited from: North Ballarat
Profile: Key defender, brother of Melbourne’s Tom.

Great result last night. Seems that we got a bit of a surprise in last few day with Petracca not going 1. Although I'm sure we would be happy with McCartin. Petracca has a bit of Dangerfield about him to with his marking ability together with his strength and pace in clearances. ANB and OMac also seem to have fallen below where most thought they would have gone. Add to that Billy Stretch who was also somewhat a bargain and we had a great draft.

How good does it feel to draft 3 footballers and just the one work in progress in McDonald

The hyphen may not be the quickest but the kid can play footy
As Geelong proved in the triple premiership era speed of mind an ball movement can make up for lack of leg speed

I love that:

- Brayshaw and Petracca are good mates
- Stretch and Neal-Bullen are good mates
- Oscar has his brother at the club

It just makes it so much easier for them all to settle in, not having to worry about making friends and not knowing anyone.

I love that:

It just makes it so much easier for them all to settle in, not having to worry about making friends and not knowing anyone.
Keeps them happy too.

I love that:

Couldnt be happier with this draft.

We were always going to take two of the top 3 but as they are good mates i think we won out with the Petracca/Brayshaw combo.

Extreemly happy with N-B and Oscar slipping down too.

Just have to give these guys the development they need and not burn them as we have in the past

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Source?

I love that:

Scully and Blease were good mates as well...

Scully had mates....? :p

Of course he did... Here's three of them...

big-money-bags.jpg

Watched ANB's highlights and was interested to see his differing play styles between Glenelg and SA U/18s. At U/18 level he seems to play inside mid winning a lot of clearances getting boot to ball very quickly. At Glenelg level, he seems to play as a link man across half back, often mopping up, finding space and hitting targets down the ground. Has a lot of Bernie Vince about him in both those roles and lots good

This is from Knightmare's Phantom Draft. The guy does a lot of good work, so for him to rate our two later picks this high... What a steal!!!

#21 St Kilda - Alex Neal-Bullen (SA – Mid)
Height: 181.5cm, Weight: 76.05kg, DOB: 09/01/1996
Recruited from: Glenelg
Profile: Contested ball winner.

#22 St Kilda – Oscar McDonald (VIC – KPD)
Height: 197.1cm, Weight: 93.5kg, DOB: 18/03/1996
Recruited from: North Ballarat
Profile: Key defender, brother of Melbourne’s Tom.

#standbyGoddard ;)

Ok, every year I am quite reserved wrt highlight clips and this year is no different so I won't get (too) carried away.

I must say I think McDonald has good attributes though and looks a better prospect than I expected, raw but assertive. Takes marks and can kick (reasonably for a tall). Definitely something to work with there.

ANB looks to be quite the team player. Knows when to kick long or short and has great energy. "Elite runner" looks to be an apt description. Exactly the type we need when games are close and the pressure is on, players who just automatically make good, consistent decisions without losing it. He seems the type who can chase up his own mistakes too with that sort of run and endurance.

Oh well, it's all hopes and speculation and a lot of hard work ahead but I see good possibilities with those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back