Dream Team/Super Coach/The Other One thread for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Played NAB 1 v North, didn't make the final cut in NAB 2 v Geelong which was presumed to be managing his workload.

Was very surprised that he then played SANFL instead of NAB 3. Club told me on twitter it was "to give him what he needed" or some other such cryptic explanation and I'm pretty sure he only played a half.

So he might have had a niggle or something, our club has been a real closed shop when it comes to injuries so I just don't know.

Id probably steer clear as I'm not sure his job security is all that great even when fit - Brown and Laird seem to be the preferred small defenders.

Thanks mate, sounds like you're as much in the dark as I am. Wish clubs would be more transparent with this kind of stuff!
Unfortunately I can't steer clear of him now as I drafted him a few weeks ago. :p

Hi guys really liked the look or CEY, has he been upgraded? What is the chance he will play rnd1? Cheers if you have and Eagles questions will be more than happy to help.

He's already on the senior list and I'd say he's a very strong chance to be named round 1. I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

what are our thoughts on Hendo?

I'm pretty keen to lock him in as I think the rebound/drive he can give us when upland running is great and will be something Walsh wants to utilise but just that nagging feeling it could come back to bite me as if he drops in form then he could easily be out of the side and also not score enough to make him worthwhile.

Whats peoples gut feel about where he fits into the new look side?

Hi guys

been out of AFL fantasy for a year or two so I am a bit rusty.

Any advice with my team would be much appreciated.

cheers,

View attachment 120590
I'm no guru and there'd be others who have better advice, but I'd put players like Vandenberg, Cey and McIntosh on the bench as not all guaranteed to play/not be vested if played.

I'd also get rid of one of beams, pendle, wines for more of a predicted cash cow and upgrade a defender.

Cripps on the field.

I'm not sure why lumumba is popular?

Hi guys

been out of AFL fantasy for a year or two so I am a bit rusty.

Any advice with my team would be much appreciated.

cheers,

View attachment 120590

looks reasonable enough. Id suggest slightly tinkering your ruckl bench. From what I hear Naismith is ahead of nankervis so may as well have your 4th rusk as a fwd/ruck at basement price if neither lis likely to play as it could come unhandy if you ever want to move belly to fwd bench as floating cover. If you have nankervis as you think he will play though then keep as is.

what are our thoughts on Hendo?

I'm pretty keen to lock him in as I think the rebound/drive he can give us when upland running is great and will be something Walsh wants to utilise but just that nagging feeling it could come back to bite me as if he drops in form then he could easily be out of the side and also not score enough to make him worthwhile.

Whats peoples gut feel about where he fits into the new look side?

Hendo is a big gamble. Given the way he played after coming back last year, if be wary of some low scores and the fact that he might have to play tall every now and then. Could go the other way though and score big

I'm no guru and there'd be others who have better advice, but I'd put players like Vandenberg, Cey and McIntosh on the bench as not all guaranteed to play/not be vested if played.

I'd also get rid of one of beams, pendle, wines for more of a predicted cash cow and upgrade a defender.

Cripps on the field.

I'm not sure why lumumba is popular?
i probably wouldn't downgrade another in the mids as then you will play a lot of rookies on field.

put cripps on the ground (didn't comment on that earlier as assume your more worried about the squad than starting/bench choices which you can adjust as necessary).

Lumumba popular given it looks like he willplay a lot more through the mids and melt have gone quite a high posse gameplan under roos which will also help. Only risk with him appears to be possible tag as he will be higher up the pecking order than in past (and anymelbourne beltings). Other reason is defensive premiums are not looking reliable so he only needs to turn that 70 into an 80average to be a pass 85 for a massive win.

Hendo is a big gamble. Given the way he played after coming back last year, if be wary of some low scores and the fact that he might have to play tall every now and then. Could go the other way though and score big
he is definitely high risk, high reward. An 80 average would be the pass/fail mark which is what he got 2 seasons ago but is his highest ever. In that year though he averaged around 100 on the run home.

I just see his rebound as an asset for us and think, especially if smith moves the field, that we will want the ball in his hands a lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say the vest is probably between CEY, Lyons, Mackay and Charlie Cameron.

I don't think CEY will get it, but I don't say that with any real conviction.
Would have Cameron and Mackay before CEY to get the vest but given he's only played the 1 game of AFL before (as a sub) I'd agree with what you said about not being able to say that with any major confidence.

He really should avoid it, the best of those 4 in the pre season, done well in the inside and we're playing without Thompson and Crouch.

Is Jaensch going to be your #1 running defender this year with Smith going onto the wing? I thought he would be, but someone told me he has been training forward? What's the go?

Thanks in advance.

Didn't catch all of the game yesterday, originally I was going to jump on Walker for a few price rises but I'm starting to lean towards Betts if he is going to continue further playing up the ground. Strikes me as someone who can fill the stats sheet with possies, marks, tackles and goals. Thoughts?

Hey guys, congrats on yesterday, made for great watching :D.

I'm looking at bringing in a bottom-priced defender to bring Swan in early, just wondering when you expect Ramsay to debut. Is he only likely to play forward? And if so, I assume only an injury to Tex/Jenkins/Lynch/Jacobs would give him a chance in the near future?

Didn't catch all of the game yesterday, originally I was going to jump on Walker for a few price rises but I'm starting to lean towards Betts if he is going to continue further playing up the ground. Strikes me as someone who can fill the stats sheet with possies, marks, tackles and goals. Thoughts?
Walsh has harped on the fact he wants everyone to play multiple positions. Don't count on Eddie scoring like yesterday every week, but I can see a solid mid 80 average given he's done that over PS and continued well in the same role v the Roos.
Hey guys, congrats on yesterday, made for great watching :D.

I'm looking at bringing in a bottom-priced defender to bring Swan in early, just wondering when you expect Ramsay to debut. Is he only likely to play forward? And if so, I assume only an injury to Tex/Jenkins/Lynch/Jacobs would give him a chance in the near future?
Ramsey still a rookie though we have a few LTI spots available to fill. Can swing either direction, so may also come into consideration for defense. Wouldn't expect him to play soon though unless injury strikes. Look out for a rookie promotion.

Walsh has harped on the fact he wants everyone to play multiple positions. Don't count on Eddie scoring like yesterday every week, but I can see a solid mid 80 average given he's done that over PS and continued well in the same role v the Roos.

Ramsey still a rookie though we have a few LTI spots available to fill. Can swing either direction, so may also come into consideration for defense. Wouldn't expect him to play soon though unless injury strikes. Look out for a rookie promotion.
Ah, forgot he was rookie listed. Thanks mate.

As soon as Matt Crouch starts playing full games through the mids in the AFL team he's going to be locked into my Fantasy team.

Another 128 on the weekend against West.

Hi guys. What are your thoughts on laird ? I am in a draft league at the moment. Is he playing in a stable roll in defence or does he have multiple roles within the team.? His 91 on the weekend was impressive.

Hi guys. What are your thoughts on laird ? I am in a draft league at the moment. Is he playing in a stable roll in defence or does he have multiple roles within the team.? His 91 on the weekend was impressive.

His job security looks pretty good, should rotate between midfield and defence.

91 is probably close to his ceiling, but I reckon an average of 70-odd is realistic.

Trading him into my fantasy team this week, liked his role on the weekend and he's underpriced.

Trading him into my fantasy team this week, liked his role on the weekend and he's underpriced.
Do you see him replacing jaenschs role over the year? I noticed last year laird was used to fill holes. Hopefully a bit of continuity in 1 position may help his fantasy scores.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back