DT Forwards 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Le Cras is definitely on the list. And after this weekend, Steele is going to come into many peoples calculations.

As far as fallen stars are concerned, Medhurts and stokes will be on the top of many peoples lists.

And the name I'm most interested in so far in September- Richard Douglas. Particularly with the form Adelaide has shown in the later half of this year. Reminds me of the Saints last year - and we all saw what they did!

Rioli oozes class, needs more marks though :) Ziebell is one i will put on the list. 300k priced at 65. If he keeps forward eligibility I think he can improve to 75-80 average.

Cyril Rioli and LeCras both equally priced and headed for more midfield time. Both could be solid prospects, pre-season will be interesting.

Could add Robbie Gray to that list too. Few question marks on his durability, but the class is there. Room for all three in the one squad? Hope that two become keepers, upgrade the struggler.

Given the issues at Port I think they'll look to give Robbie Gray a mid role for periods of the game. If he shows potential in the NAB Cup he will be there.

I'm a bit iffy on Gray. I've always seen him as a potential prospect, but this year (especially in the last 6 weeks) when he really was playing his best footy and in prime health, he didn't really explode DT wise. I think if i'm not mistaken he may have got ~75-80 points in a game where he got 30 possessions. It begs me to ask the question where his best position is in terms of Dream Team. When he goes into the midfield I noticed he is not a high marking player and is handball-friendly. I will watch with interest in pre-season to see if his game style changes.

He is a Shaun burgoyne/ Chris Judd type player (not as good as them obviously), but clearence player and not really an outside marker. I will most likely take Rioli or LeCras infront of him.

Mitch Morton maybe? He's priced similar to Rioli and LeCras. Averaged a touch under 80 this season and I could see that climbing to around 90 next season. If he spends more time up the ground in Nab Cup then he'll be a good choice IMO.

Jack Reiwoldt could be an interesting one as well. Is still a developing forward for the Tigers, but will be coming into his fourth year, and has shown plenty of promise. Has shown he has an ability to score high (124, 117, 100 last year), but does need to find some consistancy in his game. Finished the year with an average of 74.5, I think he has room for at least 10ppg, probably more. Though I doubt that will be next year.

Lance Franklin is the obvious one I guess, though he misses round one. If he plays more as a centre half forward than a true full forward I think he has the ability to average somewhere between 90-100 :)

josh kennedy for mine, with the midfield already stating to improve we will start seeing him go from 7 marks a game to 10 - 15 like he did late this season, will be 80-100 point average player wihtout a doubt.

If deledio keeps forward eligibilty i think i'll be picking him up. Started the year fairly slow and most put this down him being played out of position. Stepped up his average a fair bit in the second half of the year and i think he's one of the guys that cousin is having an affect on. He's being asked to step up to become the player and leader that richmond need him to be. I'll back him in for 5-10ppg improvement and to play 22 games. To me, that makes him invaluable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chadleverington said:
Ziebell is one i will put on the list. 300k priced at 65. If he keeps forward eligibility I think he can improve to 75-80 average.

Unfortunately I can't see Ziebell retaining forward eligibilty, but if he does he's a lock for my team.

Kennedy 17 said:
josh kennedy for mine, with the midfield already stating to improve we will start seeing him go from 7 marks a game to 10 - 15 like he did late this season, will be 80-100 point average player wihtout a doubt.

Shhhhhh, Kennedy's going to be my 'unique' pick. Keep it on the down low ;)

Pumbi said:
I'm a bit iffy on Gray. I've always seen him as a potential prospect, but this year (especially in the last 6 weeks) when he really was playing his best footy and in prime health, he didn't really explode DT wise. I think if i'm not mistaken he may have got ~75-80 points in a game where he got 30 possessions. It begs me to ask the question where his best position is in terms of Dream Team.

You hit the nail on the head here. Gray is quite simply not a Dream Teamer, his value to Port Adelaide is in clearances, hard ball winning and great skills, none of which get you Dream Team points (just ask Jordan McMahon). Unless something changes between now and next year he's not the type to run around getting cheap touches. Would be a good option for Supercoach though.

To be honest, I also think that Kennedy has alot of room for improvement. He is a gun footballer and in an improving West Coast side he'll be getting more of the ball and better delivery (seriously, our F50 delivery last year and most of this year has been atrocious).

Look at how much someone like Roughead improved in a Hawthorn side on the up. I think Kennedy can up his average 10pts next season. I love those midpriced forwards, he's on the upper edge of that range along with guys like Porplyzia, J.Riewoldt, Roughead and Tippet. Juicy.

It is a valid point though, teams that are up obviously score more in DT. Hawks in 08 (and we seen how in 09 how most averages decreased with the hawks ladder position) and Saints in 09 (not sure if they will win the flag, but over the DT year were the best side) and how that helped their players.

If only we could know which teams will step up. How much do you see the Eagles improving? can they be top 8?, 4? 2? Injuries certainly play a big part. The saints and crows from this year seemed to have their best 22 on the park most weeks which helped their rise.

I love how every side in the AFL is an improving side :)
Remember improvement doesnt necessarily get ranked on how teams finish on the ladder.

By that logic melbourne didnt improve from 2008 to 2009, when if you actually watched them the improvement was quite evident.

Most teams have improvement left in them - adelaide, brisbane, carlton, melbourne, west coast and fremantle are probably the ones i would expect most improvement from in 2010 though (at this very very early stage).

True Lakey, but we were talking about improvement up the ladder which results in higher DT scoring (hawks in 08 and saints in 09).

And i would argue that Melbourne didn't improve from 2008 to 2009 :) are they any closer to a premiership?

True Lakey, but we were talking about improvement up the ladder which results in higher DT scoring (hawks in 08 and saints in 09).

And i would argue that Melbourne didn't improve from 2008 to 2009 :) are they any closer to a premiership?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back