Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
You ever dreamed playing for Freo?
Do you (or know of someone) that lives around Melbourne?
Can you play footy?
Are you between the age of 18 and 100?
Do you want to give great effort?

This is the place to make your amateur football dreams come true!

To coincide with our round 16 Derby, The Fitzroy Dockers and East Coast Eagles will be holding our annual Grudge match for the 8th time -- a social footy game formed between Western Australian ex-pats living in Melbourne.

Here is a clip I made from last year to give you an idea of how last years preceding went.

The current ledger stands at four wins for the Dockers, two for the Eagles and a draw.

This year I'll be doing another crepe team banner and will need for a clever message/sledge, so thoughts are welcome in this thread.

After the grudge-match both the Fitzroy Dockers and East Coast Eagles watch the Derby together at the Great Northern Hotel (644 Rathdowne St, North Carlton), which has been a regular venue for watching Freo games this year.

The pub is quite big and caters for 80 odd ppl out in the beer garden for the post grudge-match viewing of the Western Derby. If you're a Freo supporter living in Melbourne and want to do something on Derby day, please feel free to get along to the grudge match and the pub!

Our first training session will be held this Sunday 9th June. Without a Freo game on and a forecast a balmy 17 degrees and sunny, we are going to have a kick at Fleming Park on Albert St, Brunswick East at 12.30pm.

Let myself or SmokingGun know if you are interested in joining up or just want to come along on the day to spectate!

More details will be posted when finalised about the venue, time and cost.

Silent Alarm I know you were keen to give this ago... ;)

If you live in Melbourne, get involved! It's a wonderful Victorian tradition.

Seppo played his first game last year and loved it.

You get to beat up Eagles all day then watch them lose at the pub. It's freo manna from heaven.

If anyone else is keen to come down and join us for a kick again at Fleming Park in Brunswick, we will be having a run around 3:00pm and then kicking on to the Great Northern Hotel for the Freo game.
SmokingGun and I managed to recruit a bloke who happened to be at the ground last week with another social team in a Freo jumper, he was puzzled why so many blokes in Freo strips rocked up at once for a kick!

Silent Alarm you making an appearance this week?

It's now derby week so the time has come for the Fitzroy Dockers vs. East Coast Eagles to do battle on Sunday in Melbourne. For any fans in Melbourne that wan't to come down, here are the details.

Who: Any Freo fans wanting to watch Freo smash the Eagles twice in a row ;)
When: 1pm, Sunday, July 14th
Where: Fleming Park, East Brunswick
Why: Because you love Freo
How: The game will be played in four, 15 minute quarters. Great effort will be given.

After the match, both teams and their supporters will be heading to the Great Northern Hotel in Carlton North to watch the "real" derby (Bouncedown is at 4.40pm). This is where we do the presentations for the match etc.

Come down, enjoy the fun and get among the Freo faithful for the derby!

yT8NpWa.jpg

have a great game, guys
I would have definitely had a run (very loose use of the word) if Junior didn't have a game on.
Hopefully will catch you all at the Great Northern.
Go Freo for both games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will the hard tag go to?
We have some simple structures.
-If your tall, you play Key Position
-If you can run/are fit Midfield
-If you are quick but have a slight build (like me), you're on the wing
-If you've been slotting them at training, a Forward role is for you.
-If you insist in playing forward, you start on the bench.

As we dont know our opposition and they dont know us, its hard to know who the match ups and tags will be.

Front row left looks like Keplar - I thought Keplar was out for the season with a knee injury?

Front row left looks like Keplar - I thought Keplar was out for the season with a knee injury?
By the way I would personally like to thank both valkorum and Bushie for improving my kicking technique over the past 9 weeks. :thumbsu:

Quite a transition from being used to a round soccer ball, to perfecting the ball drop/direction and the straight follow-through leg action. I can nail most of my set shots from 20-40m out from any angle now!

Hope to have the girlfriend or someone else recording the game so I can piece together another clip.

Well its game day and ill be heading off in a few hours for the double header Derby. Quite windy here in Melb, could be playing in 30-35 kmh winds.
I'll be wearing my indigenous jumper at the game and be playing on the wing. Hope to be channeling Stephen Hill in his 100th.

BOG medals for each team below:
jasy7a2y.jpg

Wish us good luck!

Well it didn't end well for us Fitzroy Dockers. Lost by 2 points after being a close margin for nost the match.
Got 11 touches playing on the wing. Snuck forward in the 3qtr and copped a massive cork in the thigh from a collision with an Eagle.

Fire in the belly for next years match. Will try and put together a quick video in a few days.

Maybe your lot are the sacrificial lambs for the big game over here. "You win one you lose one..." - so we just lost one, now we can go onto to win one. (Will hang my hat on just about anything at the moment in an attempt to assuage my shredded nerves...)

PS bad luck Fitzroy Dockers... :(

Go Freo!!

Well it didn't end well for us Fitzroy Dockers. Lost by 2 points after being a close margin for nost the match.
Got 11 touches playing on the wing. Snuck forward in the 3qtr and copped a massive cork in the thigh from a collision with an Eagle.

Fire in the belly for next years match. Will try and put together a quick video in a few days.

You lot was robbed. We need to talk about getting proper independent fully accredited umpies for such a stellar AFL family game, I know a few who would be willing to kick in to a kitty to get the VFL or SANFL to send some top level junior comp (under 21) umpies to the game.

Well done though guys, very happy with how hard you all played, and really loving the joy/camradiere that you all seemed to share (even if you lot had lost by 80+ I reckon the core group of blokes would be best mates).

Looking forward to the event next year when I shall debut for the EC Dockies and show all y'all up for being too focused on posing for the team photo and not enough on lairising with the chickies in the cheer squad...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back