Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2016 - 'Where Do You Stand?'

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. The club really needs to communicate with its members better to explain what's going on, and what's happened in the past. As a member, we deserve the right to know ants happening. We are the immediate stakeholders.
Completely agree.

So do you guys feel comfortable about paying full whack to watch an Essendon list full of vfl listed players run around if a large percentage of our senior list is suspended after we pay our renewals?

I don't. My membership is a luxury. I have a mortgage and kids.

I don't care if we are the best or worst side in the competition, you buy a membership because it benefits the club to help them succeed.

Be part of the solution I say

I don't care if we are the best or worst side in the competition, you buy a membership because it benefits the club to help them succeed.

Be part of the solution I say

In a perfect world yes. But like I said, it's a luxury. I'm a highmark member with reserved seats. I am not paying full whack to watch the two's. If I want to make a donation only, I'd reduce my membership. Call me fickle, but I've been a member for ages and my situation is different to what it was

In a perfect world yes. But like I said, it's a luxury. I'm a highmark member with reserved seats. I am not paying full whack to watch the two's. If I want to make a donation only, I'd reduce my membership. Call me fickle, but I've been a member for ages and my situation is different to what it was
Its a luxury for me too.

I'm also a highmark member. Its expensive, and I like to witness a competitive side. But it doesn't always work out that way.

Now isn't the time to jump off. Keep your vote and make a difference.

For various reasons the club this year gave me the shits but I rejoined out of the support for the playing group and I think after being a member for a fair while with the on-field rubbish we have produced we have started to go okay on field so for me dropping the membership is a bit like cutting my nose off to spite my face.

So we have a list of 27 to choose from for a few weeks. There have been weeks in the past when we've only had 27 players available - No complaints then.

Arrogance? Gosh darn how dare the club think people might want to donate.

Seriously if having to uncheck a box is such a drama to you that you feel the need to complain then **** me dead I want your life.
It's not checking the box that is the issue, I agree it's presumptive and rude from the club. The fact that anything is automatically included in a checkout basket for a cost that you didn't explicitly request is rude, presumptive and bad business. If it wasn't your football club doing it I'm sure you would think the same.

Nah I wouldn't
Great I'm starting a new online business, you can get the latest movies on blu ray at the best price with free delivery. I'll put in a one click checkout that includes 5 other products you didn't ask for that you have to pay for if you choose (or forget) to uncheck their selections (that are at the bottom of the page out of immediate view). I'm sure my business would last a long time with at least one happy customer...

Great I'm starting a new online business, you can get the latest movies on blu ray at the best price with free delivery. I'll put in a one click checkout that includes 5 other products you didn't ask for that you have to pay for if you choose (or forget) to uncheck their selections (that are at the bottom of the page out of immediate view). I'm sure my business would last a long time with at least one happy customer...
But I can go to any online blu ray business. It's not a captive market. I can't go anywhere else to buy my membership because I want an Essendon FC membership. I'm sure it will annoy some people and those people may not sign up as a member, but I suspect the positives for the club outweigh any negatives..

Edit: also, you were forewarned in an email about the opt-out. Your example didn't have forewarning...

But I can go to any online blu ray business. It's not a captive market. I can't go anywhere else to buy my membership because I want an Essendon FC membership. I'm sure it will annoy some people and those people may not sign up as a member, but I suspect the positives for the club outweigh any negatives..

Edit: also, you were forewarned in an email about the opt-out. Your example didn't have forewarning...
Not the point mate and you know it. It's a shitty way to run your business. It's easy enough to opt out but that isn't the point. To presume a donation flies against the very meaning of a donation. It's rude and while I'm not really that angry about nor will I lose sleep over it, I can acknowledge it for what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the point mate and you know it. It's a shitty way to run your business. It's easy enough to opt out but that isn't the point. To presume a donation flies against the very meaning of a donation. It's rude and while I'm not really that angry about nor will I lose sleep over it, I can acknowledge it for what it is.

I agree. It seems like a pretty low thing to do given the utter s**t fans have had to put up with over the last few years. This crap about not spending it on fines or legal fees is bollocks too, it just frees up other cash to be spent on all that.

Going to the footy is a real social thing so I'll renew.

If it wasn't i'd be seriously questioning it.

Also, can you really not renew online? I got the email and it just produces a PDF which you have to print out and mail? Seriously?

Nah mate you can do it online. Just login and renew?

(I'm advantage so it's auto)

Of course I'll sign up again,member since '74, missed four games in melb in that time, I think I'm what theycall one of those rusted on members.
I call them true members. Hats off

Nah mate you can do it online. Just login and renew?

(I'm advantage so it's auto)

I'm auto too, with an "auto" donation I never agreed to nor was even asked for.

It's apparently for the HPC, which ive already donated hundreds of dollars toward in previous years (on top of memberships).

Given the whinging that went on early days during the voluntary donation period, for those that did donate voluntarily to be hit with a further "opt out" donation is pretty pathetic.

Taking the piss. I'm wearing thin.

I'm auto too, with an "auto" donation I never agreed to nor was even asked for.

It's apparently for the HPC, which ive already donated hundreds of dollars toward in previous years (on top of memberships).

Given the whinging that went on early days during the voluntary donation period, for those that did donate voluntarily to be hit with a further "opt out" donation is pretty pathetic.

Taking the piss. I'm wearing thin.

You can opt out if the donation if you want

You can opt out if the donation if you want

I know that, I just think it's pretty poor to

A) have members on an auto renewal scheme that rolls over automatically, and sell that as the best and easiest way to manage your membership; and

B) then include in that a presumptuous "auto" donation for a project that I've already given them hundreds of dollars before.

They're taking the piss. You shouldn't take the piss with your biggest stakeholders. Be upfront, not presumptuous and underhanded.

After the last two years I'm not fond of the presumptiveness/arrogance of it.
It's kind of like when you drive through McDonalds on McHappy Day. You place your order and of course they ask you if you want chips or not or want to upsize (whatever) but then they ask you if you want to donate $1 to the McHappy Day fund. I just bought a *ing Big Mac FFS, take my $1 out of that you cheeky carnts.

It's kind of like when you drive through McDonalds on McHappy Day. You place your order and of course they ask you if you want chips or not or want to upsize (whatever) but then they ask you if you want to donate $1 to the McHappy Day fund. I just bought a ruddy Big Mac FFS, take my $1 out of that you cheeky carnts.
Tight arse

It's kind of like when you drive through McDonalds on McHappy Day. You place your order and of course they ask you if you want chips or not or want to upsize (whatever) but then they ask you if you want to donate $1 to the McHappy Day fund. I just bought a ruddy Big Mac FFS, take my $1 out of that you cheeky carnts.

How about if they didn't even ask, just took the $1 and only gave it back if you asked?

After you'd already put $10 into a collection tin on the way in?

I know that, I just think it's pretty poor to

A) have members on an auto renewal scheme that rolls over automatically, and sell that as the best and easiest way to manage your membership; and

B) then include in that a presumptuous "auto" donation for a project that I've already given them hundreds of dollars before.

They're taking the piss. You shouldn't take the piss with your biggest stakeholders. Be upfront, not presumptuous and underhanded.

Point A isn't the problem, point B is. I don't agree with the way they have gone about it either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back