Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2016 - 'Where Do You Stand?'

Remove this Banner Ad

Point A is still very cunning and outrageous.

Depends how you look at it. I find it easy and convenient for me as I intend to be an ongoing member. I don't need to renew every year as it automatically rolls over.

For me that's perfect.

How about if they didn't even ask, just took the $1 and only gave it back if you asked?

After you'd already put $10 into a collection tin on the way in?

Well my understanding was that for every Big mac sold, which they heavily promote as the way to donate, Ronald McDonald house gets a $1. So I buy three, and then they ask me if I want to donate another $1 just for the hell of it. And you can bet they say this to every single person in every single drive through every single time. I don't mind donating, but that's gouging & isn't cool, IMO. Miond you I had just donated to a tin rattler at McD's just as I was waiting in line at the drive through to order.

I only discovered the automatic donation on renewal because i rang to change my address the other day.

I told them I didn't want to make the donation this time, but it was only because I had a massive bender last week and am trying to make up for it:)

That is impressive, if you can what were those four games?
One was geelong @ Windyhill after we had won a junior g.f, mum refused to let me go "no,he's going to celebrate with his mates" . Fair enough, dad still went ! One was v sth.melbourne @ the lakeside, bought a new car, not happy. Another was Fitzroy @ Windyhill , sick as a dog, really sick ! The final one escapes my memory.
I've missed weddings, parties , family gatherings, birthdays, engagements, you name it, I've missed it due to Essendon and I wouldn't have it any other way.

One was geelong @ Windyhill after we had won a junior g.f, mum refused to let me go "no,he's going to celebrate with his mates" . Fair enough, dad still went ! One was v sth.melbourne @ the lakeside, bought a new car, not happy. Another was Fitzroy @ Windyhill , sick as a dog, really sick ! The final one escapes my memory.
I've missed weddings, parties , family gatherings, birthdays, engagements, you name it, I've missed it due to Essendon and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Didn't you say one was against the Bulldogs at the Western Oval? I recall you saying that a while back?

I can't quite match your amazing efforts, but I've missed only 3 in Melbourne since the start of 1997, and missed 7 in Melbourne since the start of 1993.

And this is despite being rostered to work every second or third weekend! Requires a lot of planning.

Didn't you say one was against the Bulldogs at the Western Oval? I recall you saying that a while back?

I can't quite match your amazing efforts, but I've missed only 3 in Melbourne since the start of 1997, and missed 7 in Melbourne since the start of 1993.

And this is despite being rostered to work every second or third weekend! Requires a lot of planning.
Ahhhh * !!!!!! How could I forget !, good old D26 with the answer. That was in '93 and my sister in law was getting married and I tried and tried and squirmed and agitated all to no avail. " I need you to drive the bridesmaids"
"*"
That was the last one I have missed up to this day, I still remind her of it and considering other weddings I've missed,she's done well. Scott West ran riot that day.

Ahhhh **** !!!!!! How could I forget !, good old D26 with the answer. That was in '93 and my sister in law was getting married and I tried and tried and squirmed and agitated all to no avail. " I need you to drive the bridesmaids"
"****"
That was the last one I have missed up to this day, I still remind her of it and considering other weddings I've missed,she's done well. Scott West ran riot that day.

Yes, that was early in 1993, when we still had only one win. The next week was the Geelong game where Ablett kicked 14 and our season "started." You picked a good one to miss, given it was our worst game of the year.

My last miss was round 1 2010 versus Geelong. I was best man at a wedding. No getting out of when you are best man. Before that, a game in 2007 versus Adelaide when I had a cricket Grand Final, and then before that it was 10 years straight no games missed.

It's gonna be harder in 2015. All these day games we play wreak havoc. Given I work every second or third weekend, the night games work well, but the day games can create problems. It's going to take some careful planning and some shift swapping.

Not getting a membership. arsehole James Hird should have been sacked a year ago and player suspensions will render part of this season a waste of money I won't spend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody get their membership pack today? A few seem to have got theirs already.

If they miss me again this year there will be a beat down.

Anybody get their membership pack today? A few seem to have got theirs already.

If they miss me again this year there will be a beat down.

Mail gets lost dude. You should have called them last year and asked for a replacement.

So I just got an email saying I'm a 2015 member! Turns out it's a gift from the parents.

Time to start planning a couple of trips to Melbourne I think.

they miss you man - give them a ******* call!

A little down on last year so far...

hT1mrZa.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back