Traded EGM, Football Josh Mahoney - Footy Operations boss at the AFL - 28/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Awaiting the James Hird announcement for this role......

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Dodoro wins once again.
Not sure he has won . He may have won his little battle with Mahoney but Josh is leaving because Scott , McPherson and Vosso have taken over the rebuild .
They should move Dodoro on at the end of the year but this doesn’t mean Dodoro is going to get back any control.
Trust me . Righty or wrongly Scott has the power now .

i wonder how much he stamped his papers backing Rutten in the review.
i'm not necessarily taking this as Dodoro wins (could be next domino if Scott, Vozzo and Barham are clearing house), but Mahoney feels like a loss.

So, what's Balme doing these days?

Not sure he has won . He may have won his little battle with Mahoney but Josh is leaving because Scott , McPherson and Vosso have taken over the rebuild .
They should move Dodoro on at the end of the year but this doesn’t mean Dodoro is going to get back any control.
i was kinda hoping Dodoro would be out sooner as the more pressing change, and Mahoney would take custody of trades for now.
Seems it's the other way around

i was kinda hoping Dodoro would be out sooner as the more pressing change, and Mahoney would take custody of trades for now.
Seems it's the other way around
As I said above. Scott has the power now. His role is more than just coach.

He was sidelined when vozzo and Scott came on board. He was on borrowed time from that point.
Looks better to walk away on your own terms rather than being moved on .

As I said above. Scott has the power now. His role is more than just coach.
it's an interesting strategy
Brad's coaching record is above average, but his admin experience at AFL level and our amateurish attempts to be an elite club afford him some respect.

Curious on how they fill Mahoney now.
Lighter appointment, or do they bring a strong profile in.
And ideally from outside the 4 walls of Essendon

it's an interesting strategy
Brad's coaching record is above average, but his admin experience at AFL level and our amateurish attempts to be an elite club afford him some respect.

Curious on how they fill Mahoney now.
Lighter appointment, or do they bring a strong profile in.
And ideally from outside the 4 walls of Essendon
Wouldn’t be surprised if McPherson just takes over the role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i couldn't give a s**t.

As far as I'm conferenced every single person at the club from the CEO to the bomber shop staff are at risk.

win games of football. I dont want to hear anything else from the club if it isn't that.

i couldn't give a s**t.

As far as I'm conferenced every single person at the club from the CEO to the bomber shop staff are at risk.

win games of football. I dont want to hear anything else from the club if it isn't that.
Two decades of failure would indicate fairly
certainly that retaining Dodo and slaying his enemies is not the way to achieve the success we have been starved of.
And the problem is not “ everyone is at risk”. We’ll eviscerate anyone that isn’t an “Essendon guy” whether they deserve it or not. But the old boys can write their own contract and stay as long as they like. There will always be a posse of minions orbiting them and offering praise no matter how unqualified or putrid they are at their particular role at the time.
Watching our games is often a difficult experience, in recent years it’s been hard to even open a story up and read in hilarious detail about our latest own goal.
homer simpson episode 13 GIF

Last edited:
Hallelujah

Even if this turns out to be terrible I'm all for a new chapter in this saga*.

*deliberate word choice

This club deserves everything that happens, or doesn't happen so to say.

“We are nowhere near that stage going into a game thinking that the four points are banked and it’s all about percentage. But that’s what people were telling us going in,” Scott said post-match.

“In a perverse way, I’m not that disappointed that our players got that lesson because if it did seep into their subconscious somewhere, they better get it out pretty quick.

“Every game is a hard game for us. Part of the challenge we’ve got to work through is that we are a very young and inexperienced team who have shown an ability to get up for games against really high-quality opposition.

“One of the hallmarks of a young and inexperienced team is that potentially when they think things are just going to happen for them, they learn a harsh lesson.

“Now, fortunately we learn a harsh lesson with a one-point win rather than a five-point loss, but as much as we’ve guarded against that, and the message was really clear - you get what you deserve in this competition.

“I think the players probably subconsciously think that, when they’re playing the team that’s on top of the ladder, ‘This is going to be really hard today, so we’ve got to be at our best’. That’s the psychological challenge when you play other teams.”

“We are nowhere near that stage going into a game thinking that the four points are banked and it’s all about percentage. But that’s what people were telling us going in,” Scott said post-match.

“In a perverse way, I’m not that disappointed that our players got that lesson because if it did seep into their subconscious somewhere, they better get it out pretty quick.

“Every game is a hard game for us. Part of the challenge we’ve got to work through is that we are a very young and inexperienced team who have shown an ability to get up for games against really high-quality opposition.

“One of the hallmarks of a young and inexperienced team is that potentially when they think things are just going to happen for them, they learn a harsh lesson.

“Now, fortunately we learn a harsh lesson with a one-point win rather than a five-point loss, but as much as we’ve guarded against that, and the message was really clear - you get what you deserve in this competition.

“I think the players probably subconsciously think that, when they’re playing the team that’s on top of the ladder, ‘This is going to be really hard today, so we’ve got to be at our best’. That’s the psychological challenge when you play other teams.”
“I think the players probably subconsciously think that, when they’re playing the team that’s on top of the ladder, ‘This is going to be really hard today, so we’ve got to be at our best’.

What on earth are they thinking rolling into cats games in recent years?

He has always spoken well. We'll see what he does over the off season, it is officially his team after that. No excuses for not bringing in players performing in VFL next season, nor keeping under performing players in the 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back