Preview ELIMINATION FINAL: RICHMOND V CARLTON - MCG - SUNDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2013 - Foley & White Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time there was no forward pressure and we had an extra tall in defence, with Titch, White, Newman all playing this time that should change.

On the subject of Matty, has anyone witnessed him out on the track this week?

I saw him Tuesday.
No chance.
Very short steps. Run throughs were not more than a fast walk, didn't kick at all, walked laps. It was the rehab you'd seek a week after a hamstring.

Cheers mate....the kid must ne devastated.
We'll certainly miss his dash in Sunday!

I saw him Tuesday.
No chance.
Very short steps. Run throughs were not more than a fast walk, didn't kick at all, walked laps. It was the rehab you'd seek a week after a hamstring.

The positive is he should be good to go for the granny ;)

Hi guys, just want to say what everyone else is thinking

GO TIGES!!

hope you go well deep in to the finals ( just not all the way if you know what I mean ...;) )

McClure is a flog.

Say that again. "I don't know what mick's gameplan is." May as well just stand up and say i have no idea how modern footy works but because i once played i can put in the usual useless comment "look team x just didnt come to play today but team y did and thats why they won"

Newman Edwards and reiwoldt for Stephenson white and tuck. Pity white looks like he isn't going to get up will miss his run, he looked ok in the rooms on Saturday.

I'm feeling a bit jibbed.
I have not had one heart flutter. Zero sense of excitement whatsoever.
I can recall being pumped in all our previous finals right through to when I was a kid and it was a given.
Now 12 years without it and I feel really weirdly flat. Or is it calm? I have no idea.

Right now I am with my daughter and I am literally a torpedo from punt rd oval. I can smell it.
Yet nothing!
I do know that I have just about the most certain knowledge that we will win comfortably. Maybe that's what it is?
Hope I feel a bit of it come Sunday.
Jibbed.

Edwards for White is a lock. Feel for Matty, has really had an impact since the Freo game. We will miss his run and carry. Went from delist worthy to holding down a spot in the 22. Well done young fella.

Jack for Stephenson. Simply do not need another ruck with Maric and Vickers taking the reins in this game. Clearly Big O was there to let Maric "rest" as much as possible last week.

Now for Newy... Obvious out for him is Petterd, but he has been playing a different role the last few weeks. Pushing forward quiet alot. The last out maybe as simple as Newy in, Ricky out, but we'll wait and see.

I also think we will name a big squad and cut down when required. The final squad won't be released tonight thats for sure. No outs, but all in's tonight.

RICHMOND
B: Morris Rance Grimes
HB: Houli Chaplin Newman
C: Grigg Cotchin Jackson
HF: Ellis A Edwards Vickery
F: S. Edwards Riewoldt Martin
FOLL: Maric Deledio Conca
I/C: Foley King Tuck Vlastuin Petterd Stephenson White Lonergan
IN: Riewoldt Edwards Newman Lonergan
OUT: TBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vlastuin on the app mentioned the heavy training load leading into the last blues game and that the boys were very sore from it

Lets smash these pricks! They don't deserve to be in the finals. 9thtank

Nervous with anticipation but very calm about this game, my feelings about this year changed after the freo game before then I was a bit pessimistic, but that effort showed me they are ready for the challenge it was finals type football . We are ready, we have been freshened up . WE ARE GOOD THINGS !!!!!!! EAT EM ALIVE !!!!!!!

Interesting fact number 1-

In 2011 the Bombers snuck into 8th spot over North by beating Port narrowly by 7 points in their last game of the year, only to get smashed by the 5th place team (Carlton)

Deja vu?
Absolutely.
I know I like to use racing parlance but I do a lot of form.
When you consider personnel and other factors I view our last encounter as one where we dropped back in class but carried a huge impost. Ultimately we were nabbed on the line.
This week however is a group 3 race and we have form around these types of races.
Carlton do not. They are stepping up dramatically and have no form really
We meet them on level weights this time.
We have been trained to the minute for this race and Carlton paid up as a late nom and have entered this as an afterthought on the back of an unexpected black type win

It's our Grand Final. It's a an afterthought for them.
We will smash them.

Vlastuin on the app mentioned the heavy training load leading into the last blues game and that the boys were very sore from it

Lets smash these pricks! They don't deserve to be in the finals. 9thtank

Makes sense as Ellis was stuffed near the end of that first quarter. Very un-Ellis like.

Now for Newy... Obvious out for him is Petterd, but he has been playing a different role the last few weeks. Pushing forward quiet alot. The last out maybe as simple as Newy in, Ricky out, but we'll wait and see.

Well I think its gonna come down to Petterd vs Tuck and I'd be taking in the midfielder. Plus, Petterd just cant kick and I'm not sure we can carry that in a big final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back