Fantasy Empire 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I agree with Dagless. I don't think it affects much, however trades were completed with the current rules in place. If even one single person has an issue with that, then the change can't be made IMO.
I don't think it impacts anyone at all, just think it's bs to introduce a new rule at the end of week 2

I don't think it impacts anyone at all, just think it's bs to introduce a new rule at the end of week 2
BECAUSE it doesnt impact anyone at all is WHY it can be introduced week 2, and retroactively apply the rule to trades made this 'season'

Because the "rule" isnt anything like a new roster position, or smaller taxi, or higher active roster, or a scoring change, etc....all it is is allowing people who traded for players to up their contract years.

Absolutely does not impact anyone whatsoever, or cause any unfairness towards other owners etc.

Hoping the other 6 people yet to vote will vote "yes" for a 9-5 majority victory :cool: and/or existing "no'ers" change their vote to a "yes" :p

Are you not a potential benefactor to a commish rule change mid year?

Next offseason is the only way it doesn't look a bit dodgy
Theres nothing dodgy about it.

Look at my trades....

Antonio Gates, Jason Witten...guys I'll dump end of the season.
Derek Carr, Eric Ebron...cant up them, they're on their rookie contracts.
Niles Paul...probably up him to 3.
Geno Smith....sophomore, still 2 years remaining on original rookie contract.
Stephon Gilmore....already on 3, wouldnt up him.

I'm not benefacting at all. The change sought because i had a few people ask me last year and this year if it was possible, and I said no, they said it would be good if we could. Hence the suggestion...helping others.

You want a QB, mate?

I'd be willing to look at trading for one yes - unless of course you are giving them away... :)

PM me if you have any interest in any of my players and we will see what we can do!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do think it opens up a new collusion issue as well as making trading less interesting - if a player only has 2 years left his value is pretty dramatically different to 5 years... Flips values around rather than at extreme face value.

Just on the proposed rule change. Does that mean if a rookie on 500k gets traded every time before contract expires he could stay on 500k for whole career?
Any player on his initial rookie contract cannot be upped after a trade. They have to go thru all three years and go thru RFA process, which is where all players get new contract lengths and new salaries. In the rfa process they either get franchise tagged (get another 1 year contract) or they get won by someone and get given a new contract of 3-5 years length.

Remember btw, players cannot be franchise tagged two years in a row.

This rule only applies to players not on their rookie contracts, all vets, and any tagged players, or undrafted rookies on current one year contracts. As their initial rookie contract being undrafted is default 1 year.

Last edited:
In simple terms...anyone except a rookie on his initial three years can be upped after a trade.

That's the proposal.

So for my team...
I can't up Geno smith after I traded for him because he's still got two years left on his rookie contract. Same with Derek Carr. Etc. Niles paul, gates, Witten I could as they're all vets. They're the players ive acquired thru trade this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back