Roast Enter the Sunday twilight zone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the talk of HD. When it is a 7 broadcasted game but you are watching it on fox sports/foxfooty HD is it still HD? I have noticed that it certainly isn't as good quality as the normal single foxtel games but still seems better than what is on channel 7......
Anyone else noticed this? What is it?

It's not full HD, just an upscaled version of SD. Still looks a lot better than SD though.

It's pathetic that we have to watch the Grand final in standard definition. It looks like there's a blizzard on the screen.

It's not full HD, just an upscaled version of SD. Still looks a lot better than SD though.

It's pathetic that we have to watch the Grand final in standard definition. It looks like there's a blizzard on the screen.

Rubbish.

thought it was somewhere in between, thanks

I hate the Sunday twilight time slot. That is all.
Due to the time difference the twilight games work very well for me. Means I don't have to get out of bed early on a weekend to watch the game. I think all Collingwood games should be night or twilight games. Suits me fine

Due to the time difference the twilight games work very well for me. Means I don't have to get out of bed early on a weekend to watch the game. I think all Collingwood games should be night or twilight games. Suits me fine
I long for Saturday afternoon (2.10) games at Vic Park.....with hot donuts & cold beer.

Who the hell watches footy at Sunday twilight anyway? No one with kids that need to be got ready for school the following day etc. Can't see how that timeslot is a winner for Foxtel composted to just having it at 2.10.
I guess you can't have 3 Sunday games at once because there are only 2 broadcasters.. Channel 7's is at 3.20 and Foxtel's first one is at 1.10, so there needs to be at least 2 and a half hours after Foxtel's 1.10 game so they can then switch to the other one.

I would like to see it earlier though, maybe 4.10 would work better

I guess you can't have 3 Sunday games at once because there are only 2 broadcasters.. Channel 7's is at 3.20 and Foxtel's first one is at 1.10, so there needs to be at least 2 and a half hours after Foxtel's 1.10 game so they can then switch to the other one.

The only reason we have to have each game in a separate time slot is that the broadcasters say so. As long as we accept this, we will have matches scheduled at appalling times. Boycott them.

The thing I hate about twilight games is the fact that it's in the worst art of the day. You're afternoon is wasted as you're preparing to go to the footy, and your night is wasted as it's half gone by the time you get home from the game.

Not good.

I long for Saturday afternoon (2.10) games at Vic Park.....with hot donuts & cold beer.

With the old guy walking the boundary at quarter & half time selling peanuts out of the enormous bag stuffed with little brown paper bags of peanuts ....... ah, the memories - takes me back to my childhood, standing on the terraces with the extended family watching the Pies. :thumbsu:

But Foxtel has 3 footy channels. Show one game on FoxFooty 1, the second on FoxFooty 2. Hell, channel 7 could show one on 7 and one on 7 Mate.

Wonder what the TV ratings are for the Sunday twilight game. Bet they are a lot lower than the games earlier in the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy to watch a Pies game any day & anytime. I don't have Fox and in Perth Ch7 normally show the Weagles or Shockers. They will even show the games against GWS or Melb rather than Pies V Geelong or Bombers. Also Ch7 have the rights to V8 Supercars so this can compound my issue even more.
An absolute joke in WA.

When desperate I'm watching the games streamed on my computer with drop out due to F..ked up connection speeds in my neighborhood.

But Foxtel has 3 footy channels. Show one game on FoxFooty 1, the second on FoxFooty 2. Hell, channel 7 could show one on 7 and one on 7 Mate.

Wonder what the TV ratings are for the Sunday twilight game. Bet they are a lot lower than the games earlier in the day.
People just have the tele on, with no-one watching and that counts towards ratings.
People waiting for the news to come on are responsible for Home and Away being the number one rating,least watched TV series in history.

Sunday twilight is a very good ratings slot for Fox Footy. The lowest rating slots are the 1.10 and 2.10 slots on Saturday and Sunday afternoon even when the popular teams are playing.

As for showing 4 games simultaneous, no network will go for that as you compete for the same viewer.

Deck - surprised that that is the case. Doesn't reflect my experience or that of people I know. Not questioning what you're saying, just saying it surprises me that this would be the case. Wonder how much is people having it on in the background while they're making dinner, doing stuff around the house as opposed to sitting down to watch it properly?

With the old guy walking the boundary at quarter & half time selling peanuts out of the enormous bag stuffed with little brown paper bags of peanuts ....... ah, the memories - takes me back to my childhood, standing on the terraces with the extended family watching the Pies. :thumbsu:
20 cents a bag is what I remember. Also those were the days when THEY BROUGHT the pie to you.

Sunday twilight is a very good ratings slot for Fox Footy. The lowest rating slots are the 1.10 and 2.10 slots on Saturday and Sunday afternoon even when the popular teams are playing.

As for showing 4 games simultaneous, no network will go for that as you compete for the same viewer.

Maybe twilight ratings would be good 'cos people aren't at the game and the 1.10 & 2.10 are poor 'cos they are at the game?

Maybe twilight ratings would be good 'cos people aren't at the game and the 1.10 & 2.10 are poor 'cos they are at the game?
No, more to do with a lot of people work Saturday. Kids play sport Saturday and Sunday afternoons along with local Footy on a Saturday arvo. People also use there Saturday and Sunday afternoons to do shopping. By 6pm you will have a hell of a lot more people sitting in front of a TV than you would between 1-4pm any day of the week.

Or they could put the red button feature into play, ala EPL games.

TV ratings are the biggest myth ever invented. I believe in the loch ness monster and Carlton being an upstanding club more than i believe in TV ratings.

A question for everyone? How many people in your whole life have been in a ratings survey? I will be surprised if i get 10 responses.

However, it is the way of the tv world, especially advertising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back