Premier Lg EPL Matchday 7 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so did anyone else think that diaz non goal was slightly controversial?
Here We Go Again GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So by all accounts Liverpool now have the VAR audio. Right thing to do imo (and should be available to any club that requests it,).

Maybe they'll find the smoking gun they're hoping for, but think it more likely it will just show that PGMOL/VAR just isn't very competent. Just on this occasion Liverpool were on the wrong end of a VAR cockup.

Almost want a replay to keep the thread going. A MD7 Melt of this proporation has surely never been had before

Always the victims
I dont mind the back and forth mate. It's all fun and games but perhaps word it better than "Always the victims" as that statement is always associated with Hillsborough and I'm sure you of course dont mean it that way but it's best not to say stuff like that.

I dont mind the back and forth mate. It's all fun and games but perhaps word it better than "Always the victims" as that statement is always associated with Hillsborough and I'm sure you of course dont mean it that way but it's best not to say stuff like that.
Noted: no one can use always the victims ever again.

On the process of VAR you would think a simple little program could be made to link up to a decision and you have like 3-4 check points you need to turn green to like say its done.

Rather than just chatting to each other. Would be a foolproof system you would think.

On the process of VAR you would think a simple little program could be made to link up to a decision and you have like 3-4 check points you need to turn green to like say its done.

Rather than just chatting to each other. Would be a foolproof system you would think.
People complain about how long it takes and now you want to introduce that? Might as well postpone your dinner cause it'll take 3 hours for a game.

People complain about how long it takes and now you want to introduce that? Might as well postpone your dinner cause it'll take 3 hours for a game.
How would it take three hours? A simple computer program with 3-4 steps. Each one is Red. You run through the protocols one by one and turn them green to say you have done them. It's fairly simple. Would be done in 20-30 seconds.

That is fine but then someone got upset about victim mentality as well like the word victim is now banned for talking about some Liverpool supporters actions

That is fine but then someone got upset about victim mentality as well like the word victim is now banned for talking about some Liverpool supporters actions
It's just not difficult to be careful with your words is all. The term "victim mentality" is heavily linked with Hillsborough and it's just best not to use when talking about Liverpool or their fans. Just dont use it. It's not really that hard.

This whole mess from Zidane and everyone else egging him on in this thread was silly.

I'm not even bothered about losing the game. We had some iffy card situations that went against us, that happens to every club every weekend. Could Jones not have been sent off? Yeah probably. Could Jota's first yellow not have been a yellow? Yeah, probably. Was he dumb to dive in a minute later? Absolutely.

Was it then going to be very tough to hold out for a draw away from home against a good side with 9 men? Absolutely. In the end we didnt manage it.

Im not bothered about the game personally. I'm confident we are a very good side and sure losing was a setback but I think we can challenge for everything this season and we go again mid-week.

What does bother me and what was lost in this thread amongst all the tribalism was the state of refereeing in England and how they can make such mistakes like the Diaz goal. It absolutely needs to be scrutinized and hopefully something good can come from it in the future. The Diaz one is the biggest and worst of all the VAR mistakes but it's certainly not the first and we are certainly not the only club to be disadvantaged by it.

But that all just got lost in the s**t fight in this thread. But then again, that's just classic BigFooty I guess haha.

I was more going off the fact that you played the victim in the Evra Suarez incident and many other incidents across the recent years. And statistically proven to be the most kissed on the dick side with VAR since its inception and have played the victim massively here, especially when you compare to the way clubs like SHU handled stuff ups that got them relegated

Didn't realise the term stemmed from something that far back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back