Essendon top players prices/positions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Essendon have many tall forwards?
Daniher, McKernan, Leuenberger. Ambrose could get a run up there. But that's about it. Chance of getting a regular game, but if Leuey's fit they could just roll with the three and a smaller forward line. Leuey's fitness looks real dodgy though.

I'm keen on Simpkin, especially with DPP, because he's basically guaranteed 22 games. He's replacing Stanton. He's got a good history when he hasn't been the sub, and he's going to be one of the prime mids in our side.

Beyond him and Grimley though, it's slim pickings. I'll probably avoid the rest bar something unforeseen in the pre-season.

Off the top of my head their talls are Daniher, Leuy, Jamar, Mitch Brown, Hartley, McKernan, Gach Nyuon and Langford.

So I guess the cupboard is bare as ****.
Langford will likely be used more through the middle/up the field than as a marking forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Grimley is?

Well he did top the VFL goal kicking list last year, so yeh. Ask yourself this question if you disagree. If Leuey played all year as a KPF in the VFL this year, would he end up the top goal scorer?

Yeah I thought that was the case.

Do you see a spot for Grimley in the forward set up or as back up to McKernan and Daniher?
Hard to tell. He's rubbish, so ideally as a back up. They might try the smaller forward line with just the two. Something we'll have to see in the NAB Challenge.

Grimley is a s**t ruckman and failed at VFL to become one so used his sized to bully smaller defenders which is how he kicked his goals but considering he managed to lead the goalkicking for two seasons and and their lack of young KPF depth the Hawks still let him go it should tell you all there is about his how his skills go at the AFL level. I'd be very surprised if he gets ruck eligibility (is it done yet?) actually. Be bit of a gift for fantasy players.

Grimley is a s**t ruckman and failed at VFL to become one so used his sized to bully smaller defenders which is how he kicked his goals but considering he managed to lead the goalkicking for two seasons and and their lack of young KPF depth the Hawks still let him go it should tell you all there is about his how his skills go at the AFL level. I'd be very surprised if he gets ruck eligibility (is it done yet?) actually. Be bit of a gift for fantasy players.

He's not available to pick yet and unfortunately you're probably right about him not getting ruck eligibility.

I cant remember what position he was available last season but you'd imagine CD will go off of that.

Last edited:
So... he's your mate?

Well he did top the VFL goal kicking list last year, so yeh. Ask yourself this question if you disagree. If Leuey played all year as a KPF in the VFL this year, would he end up the top goal scorer?
Topped the goalkicking in the VFL with 46 goals. That's what, 2 a game? Hardly Wayne Carey like is it. Suggests anyone capable of kicking regular goals in the VFL as getting called up to the seniors.

Grimley is an interesting one. See how he goes NAB. Although reports from Hawks supporters suggest he'll struggle to get a game. Probably won't score high enough to consider for SuperCoach as he'll play as a forward. Probably won't spend much if any time in the ruck.

Grimley is an interesting one. See how he goes NAB. Although reports from Hawks supporters suggest he'll struggle to get a game. Probably won't score high enough to consider for SuperCoach as he'll play as a forward. Probably won't spend much if any time in the ruck.
Will only consider if available as 123k ruck, only expecting 50-60
avg.

Grimley is a real option if cheap and DPP

Almost Impossible to break into The hawks side.
Who was going to be dropped ??
Ruff
Hale
Gunston
Ceglar
McEvoy
Lake
Frawley
Birchall

I just can't see him playing much football. He's relying in injury to Mckernan or Daniher to get a look in.

Grimley is a real option if cheap and DPP

Almost Impossible to break into The hawks side.
Who was going to be dropped ??
Ruff
Hale
Gunston
Ceglar
McEvoy
Lake
Frawley
Birchall
He led the VFL in goalkicking...they delisted him and re-rookied.
He then led the VFL in goalkicking again...they delisted him again.

With Lowden at Adelaide and O'Brien a long way back, Hawks need young depth at key forward...if he was any good he'd still be there. I don't see any team throwing him a bone after the season ends. He's at the Bombers for tall depth the same Jamar is there to backup Smack when Leuey is out injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back