Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said Rugrats not T2: Judgement Day.
My mistake.

Incidentally, there is a Simpsons line that I tried to find that said "my mistake" but I am actually hopeless at finding Simpsons references on YouTube.

One of the few soft balls we got from AFL this season.. getting a rebound game against ST Kilda, we can coast through this one and line up for ANZAC day..

And no, St Kilda is no chance.. they are no good.. wins against Melbourne and GWS won't change my mind.

I'd be interested to know our winning percentage with Jetta and or Colyer in the team. Obviously they are the bottom of our depth players and we had a lot unavailable...but jeeze..please don't be in the team again.

Focus has to be on limiting the influence of Riewoldt, Montagna and Steven. We limit them, we limit St Kilda and should register an easy win.

I just don't want to see us coast into this game expecting a win. It hasn't worked out well in the past, fingers crossed yesterday's result will have stung a bit so the players go in keen to make amends and tune themselves for ANZAC Day.

I'd be interested to know our winning percentage with Jetta and or Colyer in the team. Obviously they are the bottom of our depth players and we had a lot unavailable...but jeeze..please don't be in the team again.

Colyer has been in 17 winning teams out of 35 games at Essendon (48%).

Jetta has been in 42 winning teams out of 92 games at Essendon (45%).

I really want to see big Fraser Thurlow in.
Sure he's no world beater, but what better game to give him a run in? Up against young Billy Longer should at least negate him and saves poor Carlisle and Daniher from getting banged up and most importantly doesnt rob our fwdline of much needed structure.

Hell he might even step it up and demands a spot on Anzac Day! Low risk imo, we will smash saints.

Colyer has been in 17 winning teams out of 35 games at Essendon (48%).

Jetta has been in 42 winning teams out of 92 games at Essendon (45%).

I'd have thought because these two are depth players that they'd come in when we are struggling for best 22 players, this would skew the numbers.

I'd have thought because these two are depth players that they'd come in when we are struggling for best 22 players, this would skew the numbers.

Neither numbers are that far outside our total winning percentage in recent years either. So statistics probably don't mean a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see Orazio Fantasia come in as the sub. His game in the VFL on the weekend has got me very exicited.

Just had a St Kilda supporter mentioned the ASADA crap... hmmm coming from the only club to have a player suspended from doping violations last year... I don't even know what to say to that.. stones and glass houses are dancing around my eyes for some reason

* them and their gang bang culture. I want their skulls and spirits crushed...

and Goddard crying just for the laughter.

My mistake.

Incidentally, there is a Simpsons line that I tried to find that said "my mistake" but I am actually hopeless at finding Simpsons references on YouTube.
I know exactly the scene you're talking about.

It's when Marge gets hit on at a bar, right?

"I said NO."
"Oh you did? Oh, my mistake."

If we can't beat this mob then it's on par with Carlton's loss to Melbourne.

I think the Saints have some quality youngsters but they are the sort of team we really should be beating if we're half serious about this year.

I know exactly the scene you're talking about.

It's when Marge gets hit on at a bar, right?

"I said NO."
"Oh you did? Oh, my mistake."
That is indeed! I seem to really struggle with getting Simpsons references off YouTube, some people can do it so easily :oops:

If we can't beat this mob then it's on par with Carlton's loss to Melbourne.

I think the Saints have some quality youngsters but they are the sort of team we really should be beating if we're half serious about this year.

Yep
Bomber will be stressing all week to the boys how important this game is and cant afford lapses.

ESSENDON INJURIES:
Lauchlan Dalgleish (Achilles) TBC
Tom Bellchambers (ankle) test
Paul Chapman (ankle) test
Dustin Fletcher (soreness) test
Brendon Goddard (groin/adductor) test
Patrick Ryder (ankle) test
Courtenay Dempsey (hamstring) 1-2 weeks
Nick Kommer (knee) 1-2 weeks
Will Hams (hip) 2-3 weeks
Alex Browne (knee) season

ON THE BLOCK: A few Bombers may face the blowtorch after the side’s surprise second-half fadeout against the Dockers. Dylan van Unen, Leroy Jetta and even the versatile Kyle Hardingham was unusually quiet.

ON THE CUSP: David Myers (ill) was a late withdrawal against Freo and will come back this week to play St Kilda. Ditto for Paul Chapman and Dustin Fletcher, one would think. Paddy Ryder should finally be ready to resume from his ankle injury, too. It’s whether or not ‘Bomber’ Thompson opts to give others a rest and keep playing some new names that will be of interest. Kurt Aylett has impressed for a few weeks in the VFL while draftee Orazio Fantasia was a standout at the weekend with four goals.

BEN BROAD’S FORECAST: The Bombers will be relieved they’re back home after playing in furnace-like conditions at Subiaco. Sunday’s second half was a horror show for Essendon fans, but at least there shouldn’t be any long-lasting effects. Mark Thompson will inject a few of his regulars back into the line-up for the Saints clash and the Bombers should be 3-2 in no time.

ST KILDA INJURIES:
Sam Fisher (hamstring) test
Tom Hickey (calf) test
Sam Gilbert (foot) 4-6 weeks
Lewis Pierce (back) 5 weeks
Nathan Wright (broken leg) 10-12 weeks

ON THE BLOCK: We don’t like to bag players for the sake of it here at the Barometer, but surely Beau Maister’s time is up. He had eight disposals at 50 per cent efficiency yesterday and ended up playing in defence. Jimmy Webster (13 disposals at 38 per cent efficiency) had a horror day and Shane Savage was a bit better but still far from the player the Saints hoped for when they recruited him as part of the Ben McEvoy deal.

ON THE CUSP: The Saints’ VFL side played a draw against Box Hill with Terry Milera kicking the goal to tie the scores. He also had 27 disposals and is the frame for his first senior hit-out of the year. Jack Billings and Tom Lee were given another week to prove their form and both did just that, Billings collecting 29 disposals and Lee kicking 3.5 from 14 disposals. Adam Schneider got through the game and No.19 draft pick Blake Acres showed a bit with 18 disposals after being promoted from the development side. Alan Richardson says Sam Fisher might make his return in the VFL next week.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: Reality hit with a thud in the form of an 86-point hammering from the Crows. The Saints got their hands on the ball in close (drawing level on contested possessions and clearances) but were cut to ribbons by Adelaide’s runners. The most disappointing aspect for Richardson would be how the likes of David Mackay and Brodie Smith were able to waltz through the middle of Etihad Stadium unchallenged. Richo will have to get his troops to regroup for the first time before another big challenge against Essendon on Saturday night. Then it’s a flight over the ditch to face Brisbane in Wellington on Anzac Day.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...at-your-afl-club/story-fni5ezdm-1226883740402

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back