Preview Essendon vs St. Kilda @ Docklands, 19/04/14 7:40 pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jetta plays well this week I would hazard a guess that he'll be sub next week as either him or Ashby will miss out to make way for Winderlich. Then I'll guess that Jetta or Ashby will make way for Dempsey and either Gleeson stays in the side as a skinny kid that will be top 5 or so at the club in a few years and a fringe player like Howlett goes out or vice versa.

I can actually see us later in the year having a fit Gleeson and Daniher playing in the VFL. I doubt very much that there will be Daniher + Carlisle + resting ruck. It will be just 1 KPP with a resting ruck and Ambrose doing the donkey work. There should be a lot of pressure on the young kids for team success in the VFL to keep spots on the list.

If Jetta plays well this week I would hazard a guess that he'll be sub next week as either him or Ashby will miss out to make way for Winderlich. Then I'll guess that Jetta or Ashby will make way for Dempsey and either Gleeson stays in the side as a skinny kid that will be top 5 or so at the club in a few years and a fringe player like Howlett goes out or vice versa.

I can actually see us later in the year having a fit Gleeson and Daniher playing in the VFL. I doubt very much that there will be Daniher + Carlisle + resting ruck. It will be just 1 KPP with a resting ruck and Ambrose doing the donkey work. There should be a lot of pressure on the young kids for team success in the VFL to keep spots on the list.

I don't see Dempsey coming back anytime soon.

There sure is a lot of BIG MAN talk going in here about 'beat downs.'
How bout we just see what happens on the day and then stick the boot in if required.:cool::thumbsu:

Nothing more BIGMAN than not putting it out there & then saying told ya so. This is what this forum is all about!

If we're a serious side then this is a game we should win comfortably.

They only have two potential weapons. Riewoldt and Hickey. Riewoldt has been handled by Hooker before. And Hickey, while impressive for a young bloke, isn't good enough to sway the game.

So tonight let's see if we're serious, or if it's just more of the past few years.

The Last Time They Played:

Round 4, 2013:
ESSENDON 19.14 128 Defeated
ST KILDA 13.13 91

ESSENDON BESTS: Watson, Bellchambers, Stanton
ESSENDON GOALS: Gumbleton 4, Hurley 3, Watson, Stanton, Davey, Bellchambers 2, Goddard, Dempsey, Howlett, Merrett

ST KILDA BESTS: Montagna, Jones, McEvoy
ST KILDA GOALS: Riewoldt 3, Maister, Dennis-Lane, Saad 2, Milne, Gilbert, Armitage, Steven

The Ins and Outs Since They Last Played:

ESSENDON INS: Chapman, Fletcher, Gleeson, Ashby, Daniher, Hardingham, Jetta, Ryder
ESSENDON OUTS: Gumbleton, Davey, Bellchambers, Goddard, Dempsey, Hille, Winderlich, Pears

ST KILDA INS: Bruce, Delaney, Newnes, Webster, Gwilt, Dempster, Templeton, Saunders, Hickey, Billings, Dunstan, Curren, Schneider
ST KILDA OUTS: Maister, Dennis-Lane, Saad, Milne, Gilbert, Armitage, Dal Santo, Fisher, McEvoy, Simpkin, Roberton, Milera, Wright

Excerpt from the Game Day thread.

Massive amount of changes to the Saints team!

I reckon Hurley will goto Riewoldt.

That's what i'd do for two reasons.

1. Hooker is best suited playing deeper and cleaning up at the back (not that Hurley isn't though) and if we play well, roo will have to work up past the wings to get his kicks.

2. If he does get those touches up around the wings and we turn the ball over, Hurley's much better at constructing the play by foot

It's also worth mentioning that Hurls was a sainter growing up and has played his better games against them. Pretty sure St Nick was his idol growing up so he really plays inspired footy on him. That is a good reason to have him on him.

However, giving Hooker more flexibility to pick up who is playing the deepest so that he can get off him and mark is another! Hooker mark, hand ball to a running player and switch to Hurley for a long kick is a good way to plan to move the ball out of the backline too as it'll keep Reiwoldt concerned defensively about Hurley.

Having said all that I would have loved to play Patty Ambrose on Reiwoldt! Just to get a lesson on the amount of running and where to run to. Perhaps he should be sent to all St Kilda games for the rest of the year to watch him anyway!

I hope people are watching the game right now and seeing that the Roos are way too tall and getting found out

Goldstein - Ryder
Petrie - Carlilse
Currie - TBC
A.Black - JoeD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope people are watching the game right now and seeing that the Roos are way too tall and getting found out

Goldstein - Ryder
Petrie - Carlilse
Currie - TBC
A.Black - JoeD
Carlisle and T-Bell are far more mobile than Petrie and Carlisle

Think Hooker and Hurley will rotate off Riewoldt. My aim for the next three weeks is for Carlisle to take a game by the scruff of the neck. We need Carlisle to get the Number one defender, so that JD/T-Bell get the second defender. I'll be interested to see who lines up on Carlisle tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back