Preview Essendon vs St. Kilda @ Docklands, 19/04/14 7:40 pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope Leroy shoves it right up your jeksy this week.

He probably will, flat track bully if I have seen one. Pity he'll play well this week and won't get a touch on ANZAC Day. I do see SOME value as the sub as he does provide some goalsense but jeez he has to do it in bigger games.

I hope Leroy shoves it right up your jeksy this week. Has some tricks and was looking good for end of 2010. He was offered decent coin to go home and I think the Doggies also. He stayed here and played well for 2011 and 2012. Club tried to play him as a mid last year in the VFL and then bring him in. His first game was Dreamtime and he once again played as a small forward. He was not in the contest enough and seemed to have lost his mojo. Yes he's dropped his head a little bit but if he plays enough games in a row to get used to the way we've been moving the ball last year and this year he can be a very handy player and is great depth for Chappy and Winderlich who will both be given plenty of rest this year.

He certainly hasn't looked the goods for whatever reason this year and last but the way you carry on you'd think he's a spud. He is struggling for confidence and you can see that it's leading to him being hesitant around the ball and deciding where to run. He's obviously on thin ice with Edwards, Dalgleish and others coming through, not to mention Gleeson having arrived.

I don't understand the irrational hatred of Jetta either. Then again, our club doesn't exactly have the best history in regards to turning on their own.

You still have Carlisle, Daniher, Hardingham and Chapman down there most of the time. Jobe and Zaka will probably take stints in the goalsquare as well

But then you are unduly weakening the midfield. Makes no sense !

I reject this premise, Bomber has been talking about how Jason has to be smarter with his body. This is being smarter with his body.

Being smarter with your body is also preparing properly during the week, understanding your body better, being smarter on the training track,etc etc,etc. The fact is that history shows that Winderlich can break down at any time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want Melksham to be over-used this week. I have a big job planned for him on Anzac Day. I want him to play a negative role on Dane Beams. Has done this type of job before to good effect.

I don't want Melksham to be over-used this week. I have a big job planned for him on Anzac Day. I want him to play a negative role on Dane Beams. Has done this type of job before to good effect.

Needs to find some touch, i wouldn't be holding him back this week

I love how the pick blokes out of position when they name teams - all coaches seem to do it for some reason....Reckon they'll line up more like;-

Fletch Hurley Baguley
Hibberd Hooker Gleeson
J.Merrett Watson Stanton
Zakka Carlisle Howlett
Chapman Daniher Hardingham

Ryder Heppell Hocking

Bench from: Myers Ashby Jetta
SUB: Melksham

As someone mentioned I can see Carlisle and/or JD having a big night out against the Saints, and hope that Zakka & Melksham can lift their form for this one as both have been a little down so far this year. We SHOULD win this one comfortably.....

I don't understand the irrational hatred of Jetta either. Then again, our club doesn't exactly have the best history in regards to turning on their own.
I wouldn't call it irrational. Every time he plays, he butchers the ball, makes dumb decisions, and adds further weight to the argument that he purely is NOT good enough for AFL football.

I'm all for giving players a shot but he's been on the list for the best part of a decade now, and is yet to prove that he's much chop.

If you accept their premise that 4 games in a row is too much for him, it's a perfect week for him to miss.

Yes and with Chappy the other player likely to be rested throughout the year I would imagine they wouldn't want to be resting them together so perfect opportunity this week and it gives Winderlich a block of four games after this heading into the bye for another rest.

I wouldn't call it irrational. Every time he plays, he butchers the ball, makes dumb decisions, and adds further weight to the argument that he purely is NOT good enough for AFL football.

I'm all for giving players a shot but he's been on the list for the best part of a decade now, and is yet to prove that he's much chop.

Umm, Leeroy's ball use is one of his positives. He actually uses it very smartly, with skill.

It's stupid posts like this that make it hard to take you people (the 'hate player x, y, z' patrol) seriously. You're not grounded in reality.

Jetta doesn't get the footy enough, and he doesn't stick to structures super well, and he doesn't have big game composure, but he has always been an efficient user of the footy with a great kick.

I can't be arsed with the stats, but I'd say Jetta is probably up there in assists per game over the past three-four years with Winderlich as the best in the club.

Umm, Leeroy's ball use is one of his positives. He actually uses it very smartly, with skill.

It's stupid posts like this that make it hard to take you people (the 'hate player x, y, z' patrol) seriously. You're not grounded in reality.

Jetta doesn't get the footy enough, and he doesn't stick to structures super well, and he doesn't have big game composure, but he has always been an efficient user of the footy with a great kick.

I can't be arsed with the stats, but I'd say Jetta is probably up there in assists per game over the past three-four years with Winderlich as the best in the club.
Oh, lose the high and mighty attitude.

I don't think Leroy's ball use is that bad, but it's not as good as you make out either. And much more damningly, his work rate at AFL level is generally appalling. Doesn't run enough, doesn't chase enough and gives away silly frees.

I think the impression of butchering the ball comes from a few very visible stuff ups on his behalf- that rubbish dribble kick from the pocket against North, under almost no pressure, sticks in my mind and I suspect the minds of many others.

Obviously, every player butchers the ball sometimes, but I reckon Leroy's have come at particularly inopportune moments. Anyway, let's just wish him luck like we do the other 21 players. Those saying he'll be sub because he's the worst player in the side are, I think, still misunderstanding the role of the sub. You don't hide your worst player there, necessarily, you put someone who is a like-for-like replacement for another player in the side there. Or someone who can really impact a game late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back