Ex Cats where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick Turner is head of Geelong Falcons, but any idea about his good mates back then?
Steve Lunn
Mark Yeates
Bernard Toohey
Mark Bos
Zane Taylor
Mark Bos owns a farm just north of Coolamon, NSW.

Personally I like to embrace the recruits from other clubs, because there does seem to be a tendency from Geelong fans from my experience to have limited tolerance to players from other clubs compared to GFC-drafted ones.
Why exactly I find baffling. Whether they're 18 or 30 as soon as they put on our jumper I've embraced them as one of our own.

obviously different kettle of fish. They are not 28 yrs of age with less than 40 games left in them.

Any chance we can move on from my posts?
I see the thread has really got stuck into them and it's what some were discussing a couple of days ago which forced a poster to leave the site for good. This ganging up nature by people on this forum is getting tedious.
It's often started by regulars or people who have been here since the dawn of time and it manifests from there.

Dude, it was a genuine question.

Seriously, if you want to provoke a response by posting antagonistic things, which you do, don't complain when people return serve. And I wouldn't have thought the time people have been on here is at all relevant to whether they disagree or not with what a person posts. It's a discussion forum for crying out loud and we are all unanimous in our passion for the GFC, and heated debate often develops as a result. Hence if you or anyone else wants to avoid that, then have a break from the board, it's why I did.

Last edited:

obviously different kettle of fish. They are not 28 yrs of age with less than 40 games left in them.

Any chance we can move on from my posts?
I see the thread has really got stuck into them and it's what some were discussing a couple of days ago which forced a poster to leave the site for good. This ganging up nature by people on this forum is getting tedious.
It's often started by regulars or people who have been here since the dawn of time and it manifests from there.
Hear Hear.

Possibly but it's just an opinion you will need to try and accept.
I would like to get to the bottom of why. You do know we can't get rid of all the older players at once, right?

Especially this year with some retirements, delistings, trades etc. Can't all go at once and I'll stand by my opinion that until injury Rivers was deserving of his place in the team.

Ok…

We are back and open for business….

Lets keep the personal stuff out of it - be it a current retort or a long standing itch that has bothered you. Get a cream.

Explain your point, and let it go. Same for the other side - disagree vehemently if it bothers you - but then also accept that its their opinion.

Accept that fact - not their opinion - but keep it civil.

Go Catters

There has been a little infighting amongst the cat faithful of late. I think we can all find some common ground when I say to the other 17 teams......haha we have dangerrrrrr suck on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is or was a Risk Manager.Not sure what that means.There was an Addy article on his job about 2-3 years ago and he was pictured with Aaron Christensen,brother of {Name not allowed to be said here}.
Marty?
Damien?

Cameron Thurley
Was in a coma in 2013 after falling down stairs in Hobart.
He Was captain at Clarence then switched to lauderdale as a high performance manager and planned to take over as head coach for next year as part of a succession plan. They back flipped and he walked out.

This year
Nathan Djerrkura - north shore
Mark Blake - Thomson
David Clarke - lockington-bamawm united in the heathcote league.

I believe Blake is also working in Melbourne - I have been on the same peak hour train as him about 4 or 5 times over the past couple of weeks; no idea about another after that.

I believe Blake is also working in Melbourne - I have been on the same peak hour train as him about 4 or 5 times over the past couple of weeks; no idea about another after that.
He was wearing a suit last time I seen him I think he might be in finance/ accounting, that's just a general guess

Mick Turner is head of Geelong Falcons, but any idea about his good mates back then?
Steve Lunn
Mark Yeates
Bernard Toohey
Mark Bos
Zane Taylor

Hi Vdubs
Spent most of Oaks Day in 2014 in a group and met Bernard for the first time. Absolute ripper bloke who was pretty good on the punt.
Was really surprised by his size - much taller than I thought and still built like a brickouthouse , was in fantastic condition
Loved his time at the Cats and still has a little bit to do with the Club.
Still played after his AFL career - around Cobram I think he said. Said he was basically injury free all his career until he wrenched his knee playing country footy. Solid drinker as well !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back