Preview Face Off thread: Rnd 18 Adelaide Crows vs the Cola Swans @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

With their rucks struggling, sauce giving us 1st use should be a real help on the shorter Sydney ground. Backing danger or dougie to kick a goal from a centre clearance.

Need to match then inside with either a cey/crouch/Lyons coming in & also lift our hardness with our tackling count. Another reason Wright must be dropped!

Gut says we will win this one & really set up our season.

With their rucks struggling, sauce giving us 1st use should be a real help on the shorter Sydney ground. Backing danger or dougie to kick a goal from a centre clearance.

Need to match then inside with either a cey/crouch/Lyons coming in & also lift our hardness with our tackling count. Another reason Wright must be dropped!

Gut says we will win this one & really set up our season.

Agree. Crouch, Lyons and CEY are bashing the doors down. Sending players into the 2's isn't a bad thing if call ups are rewarded for form. So guys not doing enough should be replaced by these guys. Has to work this way. Making changes based on injuries is too safe!

We win this and Richmond game at home looks achievable too!

WE WILL WIN!

If Sydney get caught up in the emotion of Goodes and try to create a shoot out they will lose.

I don't think Tippett will play
Really?

It's becoming make or break for them. Clinging to 4th with Richmond and Bulldogs only one game behind. Would think they'd pull out all stops for this one.

I have a feeling Tippett is keen to play. I am sure from his point of view he would love to destroy us.

Happy it is at the SCG, they have destroyed us in Adelaide the last 2 times.

I hope the Snake stands Tippo and smashes his broken hand with a beautifully timed spoil.:D I may turn and bat for the other team.;)

Which hand is it. Could get him on the handshake before the game.

540_293_resize_20130801_9c3b9b2c01409ee072d90beefe1ed07d_jpg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about 2 weeks ago?

Yeah I wanted that one more.

This is the kind of game I would be very happy if we won but annoyed to get my tip wrong.

Port game I was ******* ecstatic to get my tip wrong!!!

If its high scoring, with 100pts being a winning score, I think we will win. If its tight and low scoring, Sydneys experience may well see them win out.

Beating Sydney in Sydney with Tippett playing would be arguably the win of the year to date.

Lots of variables to consider, predicting a winner can really only be assessed once teams are finalised.

Selection night on Thursday is massive as well, What I would like and what will happen is usually two different things. Probably just Talia and Lyons for Shaw and Wright.

Thought it was interesting that a little wander along Lake Geneva I did today this is what I saw. Thought it was a little apt considering the upcoming game. There were a lot of Swans, but only the one crow there stealing food away from the Swans.

Attachments

• IMG_4243-resize.JPG
    IMG_4243-resize.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
Like to see us get out of the gates early and put some scoreboard pressure on them. Take a struggling club out from the get go and give them something to think about.

(I am also thankful this is the last really crappy timeslot for me for the year baring the AFL screwing around with the Geelong start time)

Last edited:
Thought it was interesting that a little wander along Lake Geneva I did today this is what I saw. Thought it was a little apt considering the upcoming game. There were a lot of Swans, but only the one crow there stealing food away from the Swans.
Ha. Bit jelly every post you make starts off with a different European destination. Eg I woke up in my villa in Tuscany :D:rainbow:

I have a feeling Tippett is keen to play. I am sure from his point of view he would love to destroy us.

Happy it is at the SCG, they have destroyed us in Adelaide the last 2 times.

Downhill skier he is. If it was at AO he'd be trying NOT to play.

Beating Sydney in Sydney with Tippett playing would be arguably the win of the year to date.

Lots of variables to consider, predicting a winner can really only be assessed once teams are finalised.

Selection night on Thursday is massive as well, What I would like and what will happen is usually two different things. Probably just Talia and Lyons for Shaw and Wright.

I'd love it if he plays and we beat those AFL handout Cola w***ers. Even better if Tippett gets knocked around by our guys everytime he goes near the ball.

I am excited about this game, have been flat for the last few games (for obvious reasons, even the showdown).

Getting that feeling back where we might be on the cusp of something exciting, if we can win these next 2 games we will be in for an interesting finals campaign.

Our forward line is looking dangerous with Tex getting back to some form & JJ & CC improving so much, Talia back in makes our defense look capable and with Sauce on fire our mids look dominant.

Come on boys, at your best you can do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back