Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

hahahahaha I can't even

$_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GREATER-...rt_AFL_Merchandise&hash=item27dfae0cea&_uhb=1
"like new with no pulls or visible imperfections."
"no pulls or visible imperfections."
"visible imperfections."
"imperfections."

No, this one. Note the collar is made by Puma. The listing ended which had a higher res picture, and the inside of the jumper has the Puma logo
image.axd

Its not fake. They have just used the original "image for illustrative purposes only" picture that clubs use all the time for memorabilia items.

This is clearly memorabilia from their 2008 premiership which has been photoshopped for 2013. Note Sam Mitchell holding up the cup in the background.

Its not fake. They have just used the original "image for illustrative purposes only" picture that clubs use all the time for memorabilia items.

This is clearly memorabilia from their 2008 premiership which has been photoshopped for 2013. Note Sam Mitchell holding up the cup in the background.
It is fake. Notice the Hawks logo on the manufacturers patch on the bottom right hand corner of the jumper. Those logos were first introduced there this year. Previously, it was a blue man thing.

It is fake. Notice the Hawks logo on the manufacturers patch on the bottom right hand corner of the jumper. Those logos were first introduced there this year. Previously, it was a blue man thing.
Jesus christ did you even read his post? Of course it's not the real jumper it's for ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES. And it doesn't even have the Hawks logo, it has the blue man. What are you even on about, man?

No, this one. Note the collar is made by Puma. The listing ended which had a higher res picture, and the inside of the jumper has the Puma logo
image.axd

Oh Ok!!.....this was the first image created by the club to advertise this item imediately after the 2013 grand final game and before an actual sample was made up....It is classed as an "Artists Impression". The red ribbon on the bottom right actually says "artists impression only"

You will notice that the club copied and pasted 2 or 3 autographs to fill up the space and players are in different uniforms as opposed to that worn on the grand final day. Even the medal is copied and pasted...It is just to create the impression of what the item is going to look like.
hawks2013.jpg

Hawthorn have now updated the artists impression to this one below where they use the word "Signature" as autographs in the spaces and an image of an Adidas player issue jumper with players action shots from the day of the game. However what you actually get is an Adidas retail jumper because Collingwood did the same with the one I bought for 2010
Hawks-Club-Jumper-1000-x-650.png

Basically the guy that advertised his framed jumper you saw used the old artist impression released from the club because he was probably too lazy to take a photo of his actual item and upload it. The consequences of this is what we are discussing now and collectors or educated buyers turning away from it.

My Collingwood one. Only disappointed they didn't use a player issue jumper given the money payed for it!!

1097962_10202112177382959_1105917293_n.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh Ok!!.....this was the first image created by the club to advertise this item imediately after the 2013 grand final game and before an actual sample was made up....It is classed as an "Artists Impression". The red ribbon on the bottom right actually says "artists impression only"

You will notice that the club copied and pasted 2 or 3 autographs to fill up the space and players are in different uniforms as opposed to that worn on the grand final day. Even the medal is copied and pasted...It is just to create the impression of what the item is going to look like.
hawks2013.jpg

Hawthorn have now updated the artists impression to this one below where they use the word "Signature" as autographs in the spaces and an image of an Adidas player issue jumper with players action shots from the day of the game. However what you actually get is an Adidas retail jumper because Collingwood did the same with the one I bought for 2010

Basically the guy that advertised his framed jumper you saw used the old artist impression released from the club because he was probably too lazy to take a photo of his actual item and upload it. The consequences of this is what we are discussing now and collectors or educated buyers turning away from it.

My Collingwood one. Only disappointed they didn't use a player issue jumper given the money payed for it!!

I had the same dissapointment when I got my 06 West Coast one, I just assumed that when they are released and sold for a few 1000 then they would use a player issue, I got mine second hand, but still the same thing, Not sure why clubs would do it this way, if you are paying that much money, you should be getting an "exact" replica of the guernsey worn on the day not a retail with the GF badge slapped on. I saw after the 2012 GF there were heaps of Hawks retail jumpers with the sublimated GF logo for sale on ebay, so they would have been made up for these pieces. Just a bit stingy I reckon.

hawks2013.jpg

is that a real baggy green?

That's because it's not a fake at all:

50/50 GWS/SYDNEY SWANS GUERNSEY.
-Made for the first ever sydney derby.
-Gws made 3 of these jumpers for executives of the club of which 2 were sold on the gws website and signed by captains, this one however was sold at a charity auction and is unsigned which makes it a one of a kind guernsey and will only rise in value over the years. I have had this guernsey for 18 months and reluctantly selling my prize possession.

That's because it's not a fake at all:

50/50 GWS/SYDNEY SWANS GUERNSEY.
-Made for the first ever sydney derby.
-Gws made 3 of these jumpers for executives of the club of which 2 were sold on the gws website and signed by captains, this one however was sold at a charity auction and is unsigned which makes it a one of a kind guernsey and will only rise in value over the years. I have had this guernsey for 18 months and reluctantly selling my prize possession.
I know, it reminds me of those half Collingwood half Carlton/Richmond/Essendon ones. The back of them say "Mum and Dad don't agree"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back