Fastlane (2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

1849109365_569a41f236_z.jpg

We have Triple Threat between Reigns vs Ambrose vs Lesaner.

The Whole Build up has been between Ambrose and Brock and hardly seen Reigns. Stupid Booking
And when we have seen Reigns as usual it has done him no favors. Raw was more of the usual nonsense. WHY does Reigns have to appear in the Ambrose and Lesnar segment? It was going just fine why couldn't Lesnar lift Ambrose up for a second F5 before copping a massive rake to the eyes, the massive low blow then the double arm DDT? Lesnar still looks like a beast and Ambrose looks like a maniac who hung in there and found a way. But no Reigns appears only to do nothing while Ambrose hits a low blow then bails like a little bitch. WWE just have no idea how to hype and book their main event story lines.

And when we have seen Reigns as usual it has done him no favors. Raw was more of the usual nonsense. WHY does Reigns have to appear in the Ambrose and Lesnar segment? It was going just fine why couldn't Lesnar lift Ambrose up for a second F5 before copping a massive rake to the eyes, the massive low blow then the double arm DDT? Lesnar still looks like a beast and Ambrose looks like a maniac who hung in there and found a way. But no Reigns appears only to do nothing while Ambrose hits a low blow then bails like a little bitch. WWE just have no idea how to hype and book their main event story lines.

Nailed it.

While this build has been great, they really need to start selling the idea that Ambrose can find a way to beat The Beast. That low blow through the distraction seemed like a desperate attempt at shoe-horning Reigns in there.

The only thing I can think of is they're going to call back on these moments when things between Reigns and Ambrose goes sour. Ambrose specifically told Reigns backstage to let him handle it, yet Reigns still stuck his nose in.

Looks more like a Raw card than a PPV card right now. Having said that if they add Jericho vs Miz vs AJ Styles this would be the first PPV I can remember in a long time that I'd actually be interested in the results of two matches on the card, which is pretty sad thought but you'd take it in 2016.

Kane, Ryback and Big Show vs Harper, Rowan and Strowman added to Fastlane.

This is on the card. In 2016. Above a 2/3 Falls match for the US Title.

Pretty ******* stupid

Kane, Ryback and Big Show vs Harper, Rowan and Strowman added to Fastlane.

This is on the card. In 2016. Above a 2/3 Falls match for the US Title.

As I said in the other thread it was awesome that Cena beat the entire mid card roster over 6 months to legitimize the US title and now it's on the Kickoff show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really are at a disgustingly low point right now. Road to WMania and little excitement in anything. Jericho v Styles is the only thing I'm even mildly interested in. Last PPV before Wrestlemania and Wyatt (one of the most charismatic and over talents there despite aimless booking for 18 months) is NOT involved in a fued. With all the injuries and retirements the WWE respond by not involving Wyatt is anything. Absolutely flabbergasted and really hope LU can hold strong and put pressure on Vince to start putting together a less aimless, mundane and stupid lifeless program.

WWE seem to think leading a stable makes up for Wyatt never winning when it matters and basically being a loser.

There needs to be a shock at Fastlane, something that will re-energize a lacklustre RTW.

I hate the fact that I have to say this, but the WWE needs to get back either a few of it's legends, part-timers, or former stars, to revitalise the roster. It has been decimated! The loss of Bryan, Rollins, Cena, and Orton from the main event picture has been devastating.

Here's an angle for Fastlane (note the pun).

The main event has gone for 20 minutes, and Lesnar is about to hoist Ambrose up for another F5. Out of nowhere, Kurt Angle charges into the ring and delivers an angle-slam to Brock (or low-blow which is the norm for Brock), followed by a spear from Reigns.
Ambrose and Reigns both cover Lesnar for the win.

Crowd is stunned!

Sets up:
1. Could do a triple threat match for the championship at WM.
2. Angle vs Lesnar at WM - with Lesnar hitting the shooting star press for the win! This match would be easy to set-up. Have Angle say that he wanted to make an immediate impact (pun intended) on his return, and what better way than to go after the top dog. Lesnar responds by promising to destroy him for the humiliation he caused.
3. If Cena remains injured (he's trying to get back for Taker IMO), the authority would have to screw Reigns out of the title match. Reigns becomes furious, and goes ballistic on Ambrose backstage (heel turn). Later on, a returning Undertaker is attacked by Reigns, setting up Reigns first match as a heel vs Undertaker at WM.

HHH vs Ambrose
Taker vs Reigns
Lesnar vs Angle (The interference angle at Fastlane will be Wyatt instead, and hardly be shocking).

I'd be happy with that. (Though Taker vs Rock would be amazing to see. Would sell-out WM just on that alone.)

Just a couple of wild thoughts, with no chance of it happening.
But it's more interesting than HHH vs Reigns and Lesnar vs Wyatt at WM. Also leaves Ambrose with bugger all to do on the big day.

WM main event needs to be triple threat with Ambrose and Reigns and I think it will be.

Yep. Rollins must get involved somehow.

Triple H vs Reigns vs Ambrose (Rollins at ringside)
Undertaker vs John Cena
Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle
Owens vs AJ Styles - IC title
US title ladder match (6 man)
New Day vs whoever (Tag Title)
Charlotte vs Sasha vs Becky (Divas title)
Wyatt Family vs Big Show, Kane, Ryback and mystery partner (Sting/Orton type to go with the god-killing theme)*
* Was thinking about this before seeing it pretty much happening at Fastlane. Have to re-think Wyatt's involvement.

8 matches, plus the Andre The Giant battle royal - gotta let Mark Henry have a moment here.

A man can dream!

Credit where it's due, I'm mildly interested in the main event as I think they've built the Ambrose/Reigns story quite well. Dean Ambrose is lightyears away from where he was a year ago. I don't think he should win at Fastlane because I think his build needs to be more of a slow grind, he hasn't gone far away enough from his shitty build enough, but hopefully sometime this year he'll get a singles title feud and it won't be the pseudo-main event run he had when chasing Rollins for the world title.

Credit where it's due, I'm mildly interested in the main event as I think they've built the Ambrose/Reigns story quite well.
Agreed. Putting the focus more on Ambrose and less on Reigns in recent weeks has definitely been a smart move.

At least if they make it a triple threat match at Mania the fans will have someone to get behind.

Agreed. Putting the focus more on Ambrose and less on Reigns in recent weeks has definitely been a smart move.

At least if they make it a triple threat match at Mania the fans will have someone to get behind.
Getting the bums in seats for 3 hours just to troll them at the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back