Favourite childhood games

Remove this Banner Ad

1023458496-00.jpg

anyone who says different is a communist

super-smash-bros-wii-virtual-console-pilotwings-super-mario-kart-also-releasing-this-holiday.jpg

Anyone else get blisters on their palms from playing that one game on mario party? Where you were rowing a boat or something and you had to rotate the joystick. Good times.

super-smash-bros-wii-virtual-console-pilotwings-super-mario-kart-also-releasing-this-holiday.jpg

Anyone else get blisters on their palms from playing that one game on mario party? Where you were rowing a boat or something and you had to rotate the joystick. Good times.

That was the worst, yet so damn addictive. There was actually four or five game that would absolutely destroy your palms. I remember once I had to write with my opposite hand at school for a week because my good hand was just so bloody sore.

EA Sports Skitchin was great on mega drive. Plenty of Atari, Master system & NES were played prior but Skitchin will always be remembered from the many games I used to play. Hit the market in the early 90's to coincide with the rollerblade craze and Road Rash style games.

Skating & Hitchin.. Plenty of jumps and powerups. Weapons to fight other racers (cattle prod, nunchucks etc) fight for a position on the back of a car. The odd billboard could be jumped through & warp you to other levels to. I loved it. How could you not like the phat beats in this game...

[YOUTUBE]8uqeXUHH_hc[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ImpossibleMission.png

U7T2D.jpg

I played that as a 10 year old... and that game is 10x more complex than the "AAA" crap that comes out these days, and it is only that way because these days, old school games are "too complex". It's so sad gamers these days settle for so little.

superhero_league_of_hoboken.jpg

images

system-shock-2.jpg

shenmue2.jpg

These are some of the greatest games in history... and they still play so damn well today as they did when I was younger.

How Un Australian are you lot. NES is where its at. Sooo many hours spent playing this game just so i could run through a banner at the end.

n599177237_1445655_8416.jpg

Also the Ice Hockey games back in the day that allowed you to drop gloves and fight.

And who can forget Punch Out.

Commodore 64
- Gunship (??)
- Impossible Mission
- Mega Giana Sisters (Super Mario rip off)
- Defender of the Crown
<snip>

That was the Great Giana Sisters, thank you :)

That's in my top 5 for the c64 along with Bubble Bobble, Ivan "Ironman" Stewarts Super off Road Racing, IK+ and Buggy Boy =).

From any other system, Super Mario Kart on anything, NBA Live '95 on PC and GTA Vice City.

Loved that game on the computer :thumbsu:

Here is some of my favs on SMD

410%2BQSKaFUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
The Lion King was a fantastic game, same goes with Aladdin, both played very similar but still differently. What happened to licensed games from movies...so many examples in this thread alone of great movie licenses turned into great games.

Enjoyed the Ren & Stimpy game too on the Genesis, another fairly good licensed game.
How Un Australian are you lot. NES is where its at. Sooo many hours spent playing this game just so i could run through a banner at the end.
Of course we can't mention nostalgia either without mentioning Aussie Rules Football for the NES. I never actually had the game, but remember dying to go over to my mates to play it. "OUT OF BOUNDS ON THE FULL". Superb stuff.
:cool:

Favourite games on the systems i have owned

NES - Aussie Rules Footy/Mike Tyson's Punchout
Master System 2 - Alex Kidd in Miracle World/Wonder Boy
Mega Drive - Street Fighter 2/ NHL 95
SNES - Donkey Kong Country
PS1 - Shane Warne Cricket/ Ridge Racer
PS2 - AFL Premiership 2006
X Box 360 - NBA 2k11

First games i brought for systems

NES - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Master System 2 - Built in Alex Kidd