Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your focus re paedophiles is on the 'poor men' who occasionally get wrongly accused. Whereas the focus should be on the real victims here and the perpetrators.
Quite simple.

I never mentioned paedophiles.

I mentioned the morons who create a culture of fear about one group based on their own irrational stupidity.

You can't grasp that?

Your focus re paedophiles is on the 'poor men' who occasionally get wrongly accused. Whereas the focus should be on the real victims here and the perpetrators.
Quite simple.
People are losing the ability to distinguish so you have situations like that kiwi fella where normal interactions are viewed suspiciously and without context - the man was assumed to be a creep simply because he showed normal fatherly affection to his own daughter. I might add the sort of devotion that not long ago would have been considered unmanly because fathers weren't supposed to show that they loved their children in public, they were supposed to be authoritative

The bi-product of the all men are evil line is that innocent men are assumed of wrong doing where none exists. That isn't a positive development as shown by the s**t that poor bastard went through even though he wasn't at fault in any way

..and they accuse me of transference. This whole manism movement and its proponents on this thread seem very Oedepal. I am not the one feeling oppressed or listing the crimes that feminism and women more generally have wrought on MANkind

If someone on this thread could show that women:
  • are not more represented in casual employment,
  • are not paid less,
  • are not less represented in management ranks,
  • are not less represented in parliaments and local government,
  • are not less represented in board positions
  • are not by far the greater victims of physical violence
Then I might take their freudian women hating s**t more seriously.

Social Justice Theory: A Solution in Search of a Problem
David Rose, Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.

http://www.libertylawsite.org/liberty-forum/social-justice-theory-a-solution-in-search-of-a-problem/

"What social justice theory is really about is equality, but that just begs the question: what, precisely, is so bad about unequal outcomes? I shall now argue that social justice advocates have an answer for this, but they don't know what it really is and therefore cannot understand why it's wrong.

Social justice advocates view inequality of outcomes as sufficient evidence of injustice because they have a very narrow and foolish view of equality that we all naturally find plausible because of our small group moral sensibilities and our hardwired proclivity to be envious. In short, social justice theory implicitly focuses on the equal division of output without accounting for input.

Social justice theory therefore effectively considers only half of the relevant story when making judgements about what is fair and therefore just across the whole of any society. But surely I must be missing something, otherwise how could social justice theory be so popular?

I submit that it is so popular because in reality all that social justice theory does is codify small group moral sensibilities that come naturally to us by virtue of being a small group species."

Btw, feminism-related threads on SRP have covered many, if not all, of your points with posts, articles, studies and/or videos.

Social Justice Theory: A Solution in Search of a Problem
David Rose, Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.

http://www.libertylawsite.org/liberty-forum/social-justice-theory-a-solution-in-search-of-a-problem/

"What social justice theory is really about is equality, but that just begs the question: what, precisely, is so bad about unequal outcomes? I shall now argue that social justice advocates have an answer for this, but they don't know what it really is and therefore cannot understand why it's wrong.

Social justice advocates view inequality of outcomes as sufficient evidence of injustice because they have a very narrow and foolish view of equality that we all naturally find plausible because of our small group moral sensibilities and our hardwired proclivity to be envious. In short, social justice theory implicitly focuses on the equal division of output without accounting for input.

Social justice theory therefore effectively considers only half of the relevant story when making judgements about what is fair and therefore just across the whole of any society. But surely I must be missing something, otherwise how could social justice theory be so popular?

I submit that it is so popular because in reality all that social justice theory does is codify small group moral sensibilities that come naturally to us by virtue of being a small group species."

Btw, feminism-related threads on SRP have covered many, if not all, of your points with posts, articles, studies and/or videos.

Liberty University - are you ******* kidding me!!!! Christians who have forgotten Christ who had a bit to say about striving towards Justice

http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-justice/

Say nothing and do nothing is what this ******* from a University founded by that respected scholar (particularly of Evolution) Oral Roberts says. A man that said "Right is Right - Left is wrong" - of course the people at that University would not have any particular bias toward the status quo or tradional gender roles.

Surely you can do better than that

Liberty University - are you ******* kidding me!!!! Christians who have forgotten Christ who had a bit to say about striving towards Justice

http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-justice/

Say nothing and do nothing is what this ******* from a University founded by that respected scholar (particularly of Evolution) Oral Roberts says. Surely you can do better than that

Your point seems to be: Women not having an equality of outcome is inequality because... because... ah s**t! I dunno... ummmm... because I say so.

I could say "surely you can do better", but I know better than to expect such from someone who hasn't made a legitimate point and whom attacks a university and professor rather than offering a rational, reasonable and logical rebuttal.

I never mentioned paedophiles.

I mentioned the morons who create a culture of fear about one group based on their own irrational stupidity.

You can't grasp that?
Yep, got all that Gus, but in the article you posted, the father is suspected of behaving like a paedophile. So I thought that was what we were discussing. And I thought my comment suggested that I understand life is not always fair, but those who deserve the most protection are the most vulnerable-in this case, children.
I can't help it if you can't stay on track Guso.

People are losing the ability to distinguish so you have situations like that kiwi fella where normal interactions are viewed suspiciously and without context - the man was assumed to be a creep simply because he showed normal fatherly affection to his own daughter. I might add the sort of devotion that not long ago would have been considered unmanly because fathers weren't supposed to show that they loved their children in public, they were supposed to be authoritative

The bi-product of the all men are evil line is that innocent men are assumed of wrong doing where none exists. That isn't a positive development as shown by the s**t that poor bastard went through even though he wasn't at fault in any way
Yep agree-what happened to this chap was terrible, and suspect that a stigma may always be attached to him by some regardless of the facts-so it is a really damaging accusation. The level of hysteria that sometime surrounds these complex scenarios is not helpful and I know of a couple of people whose lives have been pretty well ruined by false accusations.
But I understand the motivations behind it-the interests of the child are paramount and sometimes, most unfortunately, people will err in the belief they are protecting children. Sounds to me like some of the public overreacted, the police went about it poorly. Hopefully they learn and we all get better at being sensible. And yep, there will be casualties unfortunately. But this has always been the case when society tries to create the best outcomes for the most people-plenty of innocent people have been found guilty and been executed by the state too. Its dreadful. But we are not perfect.

Question for the feminists in this thread.

Are any of you completely and utterly embarrassed to be associated with this brand of feminism?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...l-f1-celebration/story-fnec578q-1227302940455

F1 champ Lewis Hamilton has found himself in the firing line after an image of him spraying champagne in the face of a podium girl was widely circulated after his win at the Chinese Grand Prix.

Roz Hardie, the CEO of anti-sexism group Object, called on Hamilton to apologise for what she described as a selfish act.

Are any of you completely and utterly embarrassed to be associated with this brand of feminism?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...l-f1-celebration/story-fnec578q-1227302940455

F1 champ Lewis Hamilton has found himself in the firing line after an image of him spraying champagne in the face of a podium girl was widely circulated after his win at the Chinese Grand Prix.

Roz Hardie, the CEO of anti-sexism group Object, called on Hamilton to apologise for what she described as a selfish act.
Haha, Oh yeah-so embarrassed by some nutso with extremist views. In fact, they have them on all sides of the debate you know and they are most unhelpful. Did you think everyone who supports the principles of equality is the same person Pete? They aren't. I'd probably be more embarrassed if I couldn't figure that out.;) Silly scenario, move on.

Haha, Oh yeah-so embarrassed by some nutso with extremist views. In fact, they have them on all sides of the debate you know and they are most unhelpful. Did you think everyone who supports the principles of equality is the same person Pete? They aren't. I'd probably be more embarrassed if I couldn't figure that out.;) Silly scenario, move on.

Most fair-minded people in here denounce the extremists on both sides of the debate. They all know who they are. I'm just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These feminists are professional victims, whingers and moral panic merchants forever looking for something to be offended over in order to stay relevant in a time post equality having been achieved. It now searches out trivial non-issues such as this, and cries foul, in an attempt to stay relevant. And while feminism kicks up a stink over such trivialities, it only pushes people further away from them and perpetuates the current growing worldwide loathing and contempt for feminism.

Most fair-minded people in here denounce the extremists on both sides of the debate. They all know who they are. I'm just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Yep, sorry, was no need for me to be such a smart alec.

..and they accuse me of transference. This whole manism movement and its proponents on this thread seem very Oedepal. I am not the one feeling oppressed or listing the crimes that feminism and women more generally have wrought on MANkind

• are not paid less,

Wow an enlightened individual who does not understand the meaning of true Equality.
Equality is equal opportunity not equal outcomes.

If 70% of people entering politics were women, then guess what, 70% of politicians would be women. Their is nothing stopping them !

What feminists don't want to accept is that women reject politics in their droves. So they campaign for special priviledges to increase the numbers, then hide behind this blatant discrimination using the word EQUALITY.

Like I said in my original post. If you believe feminism is about TRUE equality I got some shares in a bridge I would like to sell you

Unsurprisingly The Age is running with this story

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/spra...-just-par-for-the-course-20150414-1mkpa2.html

#tweetsasnews

• are not paid less,

I want to preface this by saying I'm not on board with what some of the other nutters in this thread are saying about Marxism and so forth, but you're incorrect on that last one. Men are on the receiving end of physical violence far more often than women.

http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/violent crime/assault.html
http://www.aic.gov.au/dataTools/facts/vicGenderCrime.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back