Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but... who gives a ****? You can go to EB and get it anyway

EB is owned by Gamestop Corp, an American company, the profits go overseas. Target is an Australian owned company. Should go to JB HIFI instead, at least it is another Australian company.

EB is owned by Gamestop Corp, an American company, the profits go overseas. Target is an Australian owned company. Should go to JB HIFI instead, at least it is another Australian company.

What difference does it matter which billionaire gets the money?

What difference does it matter which billionaire gets the money?

Are you a communist? :p

JB HiFi was floated when it was a relatively small company, the executive own about 3.5m of the 100m odd shares. 32 entities own 75m of the 100m shares, they are all investment trusts.15k of their 20k share holders own 1000 shares or less. This year the company returned 4.5% of the share value as a full franked dividend, that is money going into mums and dads investments, super funds and investment portfolios.

There is a massive difference between money going back into our economy and money exiting our economy to go to foreign ownership. Part of it will naturally be foreign owned, but it is better than all of it being foreign owned.

I'd suggest you get yourself comfortable. Mr Bones' Wild Ride has only just begun.

8ca.jpg

fhTYnzZ.jpg

yep, false accusations are life changing.
So is rape.
As the writer stated, he supposed that the young girl cried rape due to the worry of the stigma of having sex so easily, by choice.
You should be thanking feminism as it tries to remove shaming and find equality in society not viewing women who want/have sex as sluts.

Take a look at the hissy fits some prominent feminists are throwing after the UVA gang rape allegation was found to be fabricated. Hahahaha. If these people truly cared about preventing rape and helping rape victims, their biggest enemy after rapists themselves would be those who make false rape allegations. Nothing trivalises the crime more than someone cynically lying about it for revenge, attention or to score political points. The problem is they don't care about any of that; what they care about is ensuring their image of women as horribly oppressed perpetual victims (and men as evil oppressors) is maintained.

Take a look at the hissy fits some prominent feminists are throwing after the UVA gang rape allegation was found to be fabricated. Hahahaha. If these people truly cared about preventing rape and helping rape victims, their biggest enemy after rapists themselves would be those who make false rape allegations. Nothing trivalises the crime more than someone cynically lying about it for revenge, attention or to score political points. The problem is they don't care about any of that; what they care about is ensuring their image of women as horribly oppressed perpetual victims (and men as evil oppressors) is maintained.
Too right.

He taped black garbage bags over his bedroom windows. He was fascinated with mass shootings, most notably the Columbine High School massacre and the Northern Illinois University 2008 shooting.[145] He did not allow anybody in his room, refused to have a Christmas tree in the house, and would not eat his food unless it was arranged in a particular way on his plate.[146] He had also chosen to cut off contact with both his father and brother in the two years before the shooting and at one point communicated with his mother, who lived in the same house, only by email. A Word document entitled "Selfish" about the inherent selfishness of women was found on Lanza's computer after his death.

:(

Can you link them.
Thanks.

Can you link them.
Thanks.

http://twitchy.com/2014/12/05/jessica-valenti-well-f-you-very-much-rollingstone/
http://twitchy.com/2014/12/05/off-t...slams-rape-apologists-after-uva-story-update/

Although they didn't include the tweet where "rape denialism" was compared to holocaust denialism :(

This article from feminist Zerlina Maxwell was also quite funny/scary:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...-we-should-automatically-believe-rape-claims/

"We should believe, as a matter of default, what an accuser says. Ultimately, the costs of wrongly disbelieving a survivor far outweigh the costs of calling someone a rapist."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you a communist? :p

JB HiFi was floated when it was a relatively small company, the executive own about 3.5m of the 100m odd shares. 32 entities own 75m of the 100m shares, they are all investment trusts.15k of their 20k share holders own 1000 shares or less. This year the company returned 4.5% of the share value as a full franked dividend, that is money going into mums and dads investments, super funds and investment portfolios.

There is a massive difference between money going back into our economy and money exiting our economy to go to foreign ownership. Part of it will naturally be foreign owned, but it is better than all of it being foreign owned.

Most people just want the game new, for the cheapest price possible...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...-we-should-automatically-believe-rape-claims/

"We should believe, as a matter of default, what an accuser says. Ultimately, the costs of wrongly disbelieving a survivor far outweigh the costs of calling someone a rapist."

She should have saved herself some time and just said that innocent men should carry the can for the failings of society.

http://twitchy.com/2014/12/05/jessica-valenti-well-f-you-very-much-rollingstone/
http://twitchy.com/2014/12/05/off-t...slams-rape-apologists-after-uva-story-update/

Although they didn't include the tweet where "rape denialism" was compared to holocaust denialism :(

I haven't followed that story.
The article above states 2.8% of rape allegations are proven to be false, and uses the statistic that more false allegations are made about car theft
While I am not dismissing that a false allegation of rape is devastating, I don't think its as prevalent as some of you are trying to make out

Support what?

When is the last time you willingly went into Target? The only purpose I can see for that store is so women can buy cheap bras.
I usually buy my games at Target/ Big W. May as well, its directly opposite EB games in the shopping centre and most times $10-$15 cheaper

The article above states 2.8% of rape allegations are proven to be false, and uses the statistic that more false allegations are made about car theft
While I am not dismissing that a false allegation of rape is devastating, I don't think its as prevalent as some of you are trying to make out
Does that include cases that don't make it to trial?

A quick search found a paper of 850 Victorian Rape cases from 2000-2003, although only the abstract seems to be online.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/app/abstractdb/AbstractDBDetails.aspx?id=243182

2.1% were deemed 'false'.
15% led to suspects being charged.

Now, I think both of these are lower than the 'true figure' would be...Police aren't going to label someone as falsely accusing unless they're completely certain, and they wont charge someone unless there is a good chance of a conviction.

The other figures...

15.1% of complaints were withdrawn
46.4% resulted in 'no further police action'.
21.3% were 'ongoing'

yep, false accusations are life changing.
So is rape.
As the writer stated, he supposed that the young girl cried rape due to the worry of the stigma of having sex so easily, by choice.
You should be thanking feminism as it tries to remove shaming and find equality in society not viewing women who want/have sex as sluts.

And again, there's an excuse for a female who has clearly done the wrong thing. They are perfect creatures and would never do anything bad without a very good reason. And they wouldn't ever need to do anything bad ever if feminists had their way. Basically, it's men's fault even when it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back