Final Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

This seems like a ruthless cut by the club, they seem to be going in the direction of "If we don't think you're good enough, you're gone" attitude which is all well and good until you realise you need a tall defender of some substance to fill a void if too many injuries should occur. Hartigan must be expected to step up his game and take that secondary key position defender spot by the throat, or something else might be in consideration.

I would be a little surprised if they think they can draft a KPD in the first round, which they kind of have to do now that they moved on Thompson, to fill the current need for key defender support to Talia. I'm not sure what people's thoughts are here but did Thompson really deserve to be cut considering some of the other guys who got to keep their spot? Maybe Thompson isn't good enough and that's why he's on the outer, but you can't tell me that he's not good enough while every other guy on the list is. I would say there would be a few sunken gut feelings amongst a couple of players. "If these guys can get cut, maybe I could get cut too?"

I wonder if Phil has had a quite word to Jacobs and Talia and told them they don't have his permission to get injured this year. So anyone want to bet against me that we won't be drafting a KPD player in the first round? (I'm kidding about the betting part)

Optimist-Pessimst-Wine-Glasses_03F75FF0.jpg
[/
QUOTE]
That glass is empty!..............
I don't want to be picky but that glass is empty!

To be Quiet Honest Spina Battersby where would the play, Adelaide has plenty of their type and in 2 years they still wouldn't make it

Don't get me wrong there are to many players in front them Adelaide needs PACE Cockatoo or Gartlett a couple of names

Thompson unlucky if Shaw didn't have another year I reckon he would have gone

So, 4 senior spots vacant to be filled with national draft picks 14,35,43,59.

I assume they will be used to meet our needs. I'd go a key defender, a key forward (not discussed much around here, but our youngest key forwards are aged 24 - Lynch and Walker; we need to bring in a young forward to develop), an outside mid*, and either another outside mid* or another tall (defender, forward, or ruckman, doesn't matter).

I'd fill the 3 rookie spots with 1 more backup ruckman/tall and 2 outside mids*.

*Speed, please.

If Cockatoo is available pick 14, we have to be ballsy and grab him

This seems like a ruthless cut by the club, they seem to be going in the direction of "If we don't think you're good enough, you're gone" attitude which is all well and good until you realise you need a tall defender of some substance to fill a void if too many injuries should occur. Hartigan must be expected to step up his game and take that secondary key position defender spot by the throat, or something else might be in consideration.

I would be a little surprised if they think they can draft a KPD in the first round, which they kind of have to do now that they moved on Thompson, to fill the current need for key defender support to Talia. I'm not sure what people's thoughts are here but did Thompson really deserve to be cut considering some of the other guys who got to keep their spot? Maybe Thompson isn't good enough and that's why he's on the outer, but you can't tell me that he's not good enough while every other guy on the list is. I would say there would be a few sunken gut feelings amongst a couple of players. "If these guys can get cut, maybe I could get cut too?"

I wonder if Phil has had a quite word to Jacobs and Talia and told them they don't have his permission to get injured this year. So anyone want to bet against me that we won't be drafting a KPD player in the first round? (I'm kidding about the betting part)

3rd tall is now between Shaw, Siggins and Cheney... 2nd KPD is Hartigans to lose now.

We might rookie a solid VFL/SANFL player though to keep some depth in this position (Seeing we can upgrade whenever), which is my crackpot theory.

Jacobs has had that conversation for 3 years running now ;)

I reckon we are going to target talls initially. We can get speed in the midfield with structural changes. Put Dangerfield on the outside and give Smith more midfield time.

Play Cameron for more games this year.

That adds up to a quicker team than with Danger slogging it out in packs.

Fill our dire need for kkps by trying to get good ones with our 1st 2 picks.

Battersby probably suffered from being too similar to Brown, Laird, Jaensch and even Wright in being quite short, not super quick with decent but not elite skills and we can't carry all of them, maybe he'll get another chance as a mature age player Porplyzia style.
absolutely, too many of those types already.

I think our rookie picks will be Cameron-like in that they won't necessarily have strong football backgrounds but we'll go for pace and running capacity over all else.

To be Quiet Honest Spina Battersby where would the play, Adelaide has plenty of their type and in 2 years they still wouldn't make it

Don't get me wrong there are to many players in front them Adelaide needs PACE Cockatoo or Gartlett a couple of names

Thompson unlucky if Shaw didn't have another year I reckon he would have gone
lol wut?

please speak a da engrish

a bit like Grigg, wouldn't get near Danger in a 100m sprint but dances through space where there is none
To be fair, does anyone get near Danger in a 100m sprint?
sprint620221.jpg
a magnificent sight (barring the god awful guernsey)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angus Graham, Jared Petrenko, Lewis Johnston, Shaun McKernan, Luke Thompson, James Battersby, Alex Spina.

Happy with that.

download.jpg
Phil Walsh and our list

I doubt that Atkins, Knight and Siggins will make the grade. Happy to be proved wrong.
I would have thought with no backline back up due to Rutten retiring, Ottos second knee and Siggins no where near AFL level, we could have kept him for depth until Ottos knee is right. Luke Brown will want to have a good year as he didnt have flash one this year.
Seriously how would anyone know whether these 3 players will make it. Playing the odds at least 1 will.

Brown had a decent year if you watched our games.

Seriously how would anyone know whether these 3 players will make it. Playing the odds at least 1 will.

Brown had a decent year if you watched our games.
A bit surprised he didn't finish in our top 10 in the B&F.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back