• McCartney

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • No coach sacked in 2014

Votes: 129 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a year no coach will get sacked.

However, to me there are only 2 potential coaches to be sacked and they are brad scott and hardwick. every other coach is safe.

Brad Scott needs to make the finals or it could be curtains and so does hardwick. I reckon the tigers will but if they do happen to slide then he could be in trouble. Brad Scott just has to make finals otherwise he is in serious trouble.

Next under pressure would be Sanderson and McKenna but cant see them getting sacked.

I went with no coach sacked.

If North started badly again and had enough money then I think Scott would be in some trouble. Luckily his mate Brayshaw rushed to give him a unwarranted contract extension.

Ross Lyon won't be sacked but he will refuse to play youth, flog his players mercilessly to get them to another grand final, lose said grand final, realise the Dockers window has closed, and jump ship to another club for more money, leaving a trail of desolation behind. Am I right?

No coach sacked would be my overwhelming favourite at this point.

Guys I can make a case for -
1. McKenna - GC goes rapidly backwards
eq 2. Richardson/Simpson/Leppitsch/Cameron - Neeld-esque stillborn from day one with a playing group not willing to buy in
6. Clarkson - Temper boilover puts him in an irredeemable situation, would have to be something appropriately serious to trigger termination though
7. Brad Scott - North falters again and the club finds a way to stump up the cash to pay him out and hire a replacement

And the wildcard

8. Roos - Not a 'sacking' but quits in a Malcolm Blight-like fashion after admitting he made a wrong decision to come back without the love and passion for the job he was taking on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No coach sacked would be my overwhelming favourite at this point.

Guys I can make a case for -
1. McKenna - GC goes rapidly backwards
eq 2. Richardson/Simpson/Leppitsch/Cameron - Neeld-esque stillborn from day one with a playing group not willing to buy in
6. Clarkson - Temper boilover puts him in an irredeemable situation, would have to be something appropriately serious to trigger termination though
7. Brad Scott - North falters again and the club finds a way to stump up the cash to pay him out and hire a replacement

And the wildcard

8. Roos - Not a 'sacking' but quits in a Malcolm Blight-like fashion after admitting he made a wrong decision to come back without the love and passion for the job he was taking on

EXCLUSIVE: Clarkson stabs under 11's umpire to death. Hawthorn to consider options.

Honestly though, he might be able to get away with that too :p

Well, I voted for 'No Coach', but will change my mind.

I reckon that James Hird will not make it back to *Essendon.

The damage to the brand is only going to get worse.

The fact that this is back in the media AGAIN, is doing damage to the AFL and not doing any favours to the club.

Finals or not, around August he will announce his 'retirement' (for the good of the club). The reality will be that the club have a quiet word in his ear and say bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back