foj1 2008 draft with explanantions

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly a lot of respect for what you have done there.
I get the feeling that Steele and Hartlett will be gone by pick 10, but if not Crows will def take one of them.
From a Crows view we have:
Pick 10 Adelaide- Hamish Hartlett
Pick 28 Adelaide- Jared Redden
Pick 44 Adelaide- Kade Klemke
Adelaide Pick 60 Tyson Slattery

I have a big problem with Redden at 28. No chance this will happen.
If Phil Davis is available here he will be taken. Crows are seriously considering him at 10 and I think he will go between 10 and 20 - Port, Melb, Freo are all very keen.
If we did that then, I could see us taking Tom Hill at pick 44.

Otherwise great effort as usual.

Michael Still is one of my draft sleepers- if I had my time over again I might place him at pick 17 for Melbourne. Had a look at screening results and he is up to 194cm. I would use Okeefe and Reiwoldt as 2 similar type players. He has good hands but what I like about him is he continues to move and is rarely stagnant. That is a good gift for a forward.

Great work really like this draft for West Coast my only change would be pick 36 swap Michael Still for pick 48 Jarrad Blight.

Blight will be picked by West Coast if available at that pick.

52 dont mind Jamie Sheenan, can butcher his kicks though, my pick for 52 is Charlie Sharples.

So a draft of
NicNat
Walters
Swift
Blight
Sharples
that would be my ideal result for us.

Great work really like this draft for West Coast my only change would be pick 36 swap Michael Still for pick 48 Jarrad Blight.

52 dont mind Jamie Sheenan, can butcher his kicks though, my pick for 52 is Charlie Sharples.

So a draft of
NicNat
Walters
Swift
Blight
Sharples

Nothing is certain.

Certainly a lot of respect for what you have done there.
I get the feeling that Steele and Hartlett will be gone by pick 10, but if not Crows will def take one of them.
From a Crows view we have:
Pick 10 Adelaide- Hamish Hartlett
Pick 28 Adelaide- Jared Redden
Pick 44 Adelaide- Kade Klemke
Adelaide Pick 60 Tyson Slattery

I have a big problem with Redden at 28. No chance this will happen.
If Phil Davis is available here he will be taken. Crows are seriously considering him at 10 and I think he will go between 10 and 20 - Port, Melb, Freo are all very keen.
If we did that then, I could see us taking Tom Hill at pick 44.

Otherwise great effort as usual.

You have a huge advantage with your knowledge of Phil Davis, as I mentioned in my original post I have only seen glimpses of Davis. It would throw the draft around a little if the Crows did select Davis at 10- a little like Dangerfield last year!

So a draft of
NicNat
Walters
Swift
Blight
Sharples

Again your knowledge of Blight is better than mine but I will say Still is one of the better TAC tall bottom aged forwards I have seen and interestingly he is up to 194cm now. Dont underestimate his attractiveness to clubs either.

Foj1 Phantom Draft

Western Bulldogs Pick 64 Zach Sengstock
Tall, athletic 19 year old who still has a lot to learn about the caper. However he has AFL attributes with his height and athleticism and he could develop into a solid AFL kp in time. Zach is the son of basketball legend Larry Sengstock. The Bulldogs will look to develop a couple of talls and others I considered were Joel Smouha, Bart MacCulloch, James Wall and James Krause. The other option with this pick would be for the Bulldogs to consider (again!) James Podsiadly. I think the Bulldogs won’t take the risk on this mature ager but most VFL followers would love to see the unlucky Podsiadly finally get a chance.

Hi... a very interesting read. I just thought that James Fantasia said that they weren't going to use their picks beyond round 2 - at the time of Farren Ray trade. Hence, shouldn't this be a "pass"?

Which is exactly where I have him going. Underrated on here.

What is the bet the next Mock Draft will have him at that spot? ;)

Don't have him going that high, i actually have another player that is also bottom-aged but hardly gets a mention around here either going at pick 31. Actually got Still going to the Blues at pick 40.

What puts him ahead of guys like Mitch Brown, Paul Cahill + Phil Davis scooter600x? Strong hands? Do you know of any footage?

Cahill is the only one of that lot that I've seen and I think he's a total gumby. He did kick 8 in one of the champs games so he must have some ability, I just haven't seen it.

Brown's only played a few games and Davis was injured all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the best phantom draft so far this year. The only minor quibbles I have is that I reckon with Thomas and Davis providing the outside flash the Pies might go for Sidebottom as that very good solid footballer to replace Burns, with Sydney adding some flash via Blease. Likewise I would switch Schoenmakers and Johnston. But they are only minor differences of opinion. A very well reasoned and knowledgable effort.:thumbsu:

They are never in high demand, but they can be priceless. I've watched Carlton playing for many years with crap defenders.

Do you think Armfield or Browne could fill the small defender role? Also 8 rookie positions would allow for at least one small defender allocation if that is an identified weakness.

This is the best phantom draft so far this year. The only minor quibbles I have is that I reckon with Thomas and Davis providing the outside flash the Pies might go for Sidebottom as that very good solid footballer to replace Burns, with Sydney adding some flash via Blease. Likewise I would switch Schoenmakers and Johnston. But they are only minor differences of opinion. A very well reasoned and knowledgable effort.:thumbsu:

Thanks- I was very much influenced by the strong buzz around about Collingwood and Blease. I reckon I was one of the first to rate Schoenmakers so high but I still rate Johnston just ahead.

no sibosado? Would love him at 52.
Screams buddy franklin.

Sibasado is/was in the next batch. I am nowhere near convinced on TAC form and I havent watched him in school footy. He is the sort of player a team may take a punt on later in the draft or certainly as a rookie.

Do you think Armfield or Browne could fill the small defender role? Also 8 rookie positions would allow for at least one small defender allocation if that is an identified weakness.

Browne or Armfield has all the hallmarks of filling that role, I have more faith in Browne than Armfield.
My statement was based on pinkus stating that Small defenders are never in high demand.
While I agree that Tall forwards and Midfielders normally get the high draft picks, Pearce is a class act and should not slide as much as some people think.

Anyway, that is just my opinion.

Hi Foj1,
Great read thanks for the effort.
Quick question if I may about Hamish Shepheard from WA if I may if you know anything about him? Do you think he will be drafted and if so where abouts?

Cheers

Hi Foj1,
Great read thanks for the effort.
Quick question if I may about Hamish Shepheard from WA if I may if you know anything about him? Do you think he will be drafted and if so where abouts?

Cheers

I havent seen Shepheard enough. Patrich Hayes is pretty strong on the Tigers radar I reckon his excellent screening results intesifying the interest.

I think Hayes may go at Pies last pick if they use it in the ND. Have a habit of taking a looking at a few prior to the PSD and got the sense Hayes might be in that mix given he has been down there this year and was impressive.

if the tigers take him then the 'big steal' is back on....memories of the Walsh / Annear / Cloke / Raines / Peart trades are back!

I think Hayes may go at Pies last pick if they use it in the ND. Have a habit of taking a looking at a few prior to the PSD and got the sense Hayes might be in that mix given he has been down there this year and was impressive.

if the tigers take him then the 'big steal' is back on....memories of the Walsh / Annear / Cloke / Raines / Peart trades are back!

I have him at 45.

Too early?

I would be surprised but hey thats Pies pick and nothing should surprise with Hine. Foj1 has him around there as well from memory and look he is rated at Collingwood. I dont see him top 50 but I guess its a lottery around there insomuch as whether a player goes at 50 or 70 isnt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back