foj1 2008 draft with explanantions

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a pretty big rumour going around that Collingwood are red hot for Blease which certainly influenced me- ironically the other club that is really linked to him is Brisbane so the pies might not get a chance at him anyway.
I actually see Lions going for Swift, Has the Rumour still going around?

I have him at 45.

Too early?

I have him at 46. He is a hard one to evaluate because athletically he is something special 193.5cm with real speed and endurance. He also takes players on and breaks lines like Tadgh Kennely unfortunately his kicking and decision making is a bit like Tadgh's when he started. If a club reckons they can teach a kid to kick then Hayes will go if they dont believe they can then he will be rookied.
Hayes and Daniel Buckley played a game for Collingwood reserves and both impressed Collingwood. My understanding is Collingwood have asked Buckley (19 year old Calder) to try out for VFL list and are keen on hayes.

I think Hayes may go at Pies last pick if they use it in the ND. Have a habit of taking a looking at a few prior to the PSD and got the sense Hayes might be in that mix given he has been down there this year and was impressive.

if the tigers take him then the 'big steal' is back on....memories of the Walsh / Annear / Cloke / Raines / Peart trades are back!

Francis Jackson actually watched Hayes play for Melbourne High a couple of times and really considered rookie listing him. Anyway at the end he didnt but he contacted the Cannons about giving Hayes a 19 year old spot. Hayes improved as the year went on and I believe is studying Arts/Law at Melbourne Uni which shows he has his sh*t together away from sport. The Pies would actually be stealing from the Tiges on this one.

I have him at 46. He is a hard one to evaluate because athletically he is something special 193.5cm with real speed and endurance. He also takes players on and breaks lines like Tadgh Kennely unfortunately his kicking and decision making is a bit like Tadgh's when he started. If a club reckons they can teach a kid to kick then Hayes will go if they dont believe they can then he will be rookied.
Hayes and Daniel Buckley played a game for Collingwood reserves and both impressed Collingwood. My understanding is Collingwood have asked Buckley (19 year old Calder) to try out for VFL list and are keen on hayes.

I'm the first to admit that I haven't seen a huge amount, but what I have seen fits perfectly with what you say. I loved his ability to take players on and break lines.

Kinda player I wouldn't mind WC having a crack at 52 if he lasted and we hadn't taken a KP.

Pies Might Take Hayes at Pick 72

Great read! appreciate all the effort.

What do you think of the pies taking a chance on Tom Swift? I have seen some footage and he has to be worth the punt! I would love to ger him and Ash Smith. I dont see Swift getting past Geelong and based on wat i have seen and others keep saying about his drive and determination i believe it would be a crime if we didnt take in at 11.

Great read! appreciate all the effort.

What do you think of the pies taking a chance on Tom Swift? I have seen some footage and he has to be worth the punt! I would love to ger him and Ash Smith. I dont see Swift getting past Geelong and based on wat i have seen and others keep saying about his drive and determination i believe it would be a crime if we didnt take in at 11.

Unlike some here I have only seen very minimal amounts of Swift and actually admit to it. The Pies may well take the gamble- nothin wrong with that Joel Selwood was seen as a gamble and has missed 2 games in 2 years

Interesting you put a smoky at pick 5 for the Bombers.

The top 3 looks locked and from reports Port will take Vickery so the Bombers pick will shape the rest of the top 10 obviously. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Yarran.

I'm hoping they and Richmond go tall (Hurley & Trengove possibly). That gives the Pies a better shot a one of Yarran, Sidebottom, Zeibell or Hartlett.

If all 4 are gone, I'd be happy if the Pies gambled on Tom Swift based on what he could potentially become (high risk/high reward pick). Seems to be a very determined young lad and quite intelligent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting you put a smoky at pick 5 for the Bombers.

The top 3 looks locked and from reports Port will take Vickery so the Bombers pick will shape the rest of the top 10 obviously. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Yarran.

I'm hoping they and Richmond go tall (Hurley & Trengove possibly). That gives the Pies a better shot a one of Yarran, Sidebottom, Zeibell or Hartlett.

If all 4 are gone, I'd be happy if the Pies gambled on Tom Swift based on what he could potentially become (high risk/high reward pick). Seems to be a very determined young lad and quite intelligent.

Who knows if the top 4 of watts, Nicnat, Rich and Vickery are set? If so Essendons pick will shape the draft. I have a feeling they will go McKernan although I would prefer Trengove or Hurley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back