Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

He's chosen to setup companies that distance himself from the club. RA only owes money for the cheap value of shares he bought I believe, other than that he setup everything as a loan.

I guess you can believe what you want to believe.

Not like hes going anywhere for a while anyways, plus he's about to build a sparkling new stadium too(more disastrous debt coming Romsns way hey). Futures bright for Chelsea fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank goodness the AFL have a well administered salary cap, helping to provide a relatively level playing field where the smartest, not richest, clubs win the title / premiership.

A system so good that the teams from non AFL states need consistent propping up which rewards teams for finishing 18th instead of 9th is not a good system at all.

I guess you can believe what you want to believe.
There's no ambiguity for me to believe one way or the other, everyone knows there's a debt.

Not like hes going anywhere for a while anyways, plus he's about to build a sparkling new stadium too(more disastrous debt coming Romsns way hey). Futures bright for Chelsea fans.

Hard to say if there'll be more debt with the a new stadium, depends if he sets it up as a loan or not. Also hard to know if he'll be going anywhere for a while as he never speaks. He's good at inspiring faith in Chelsea fans though as he's a quality business man. If he was gonna walk the public and fans would most likely be the last to know.

It really doesn't bother me mate(all just figures for others to get frothy about) he owes himself some money, meh. If you think it means something else, good for you.

In concern about Roman, I was a Chelsea fan before he got here and still be one when/if he sells the club to someone else. Life goes on.

Last edited:
A system so good that the teams from non AFL states need consistent propping up which rewards teams for finishing 18th instead of 9th is not a good system at all.

You mean there are no sides in AFL states that do need propping up?

WBD, North, St Kilda, Melbourne, Port, etc.?

You mean there are no sides in AFL states that do need propping up?

WBD, North, St Kilda, Melbourne, Port, etc.?

The reason why we get an 'assistance' package is because of the screwing over the AFL does to us.

Give us a fair draw, tv rights, stadium deal etc and we don't need 'propping up'.

Last edited:
The reason why we get an 'assistance' package is because of the screwing over the AFL does to us.

Give us a fair draw, tv rights, stadium deal etc and we don't need 'propping up'.
Indeed. Because Carlton needs and deserves its favoured fixture ... and Richmond for that matter.

Not denying you. Just suggesting the AFL isn't just helping the northern states.

Brand Finance 2015 report http://www.brandfinance.com/images/...the_world_s_most_valuable_football_brands.pdf

3hToSY7.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back