VFL Footscray vs Essendon, Whitten Oval 11:35

Remove this Banner Ad

Up by 2 goals at the end of the 1st quarter. Our defenders are mopping up a lot of bad entries and rebounding nicely. Might want to man Hind a little more closely but the Bombers are doing a lot of chipping the ball around so his 12 kicks have done minimal damage.

Up by 2 goals at the end of the 1st quarter. Our defenders are mopping up a lot of bad entries and rebounding nicely. Might want to man Hind a little more closely but the Bombers are doing a lot of chipping the ball around so his 12 kicks have done minimal damage.
Cleary is the pick of the recent draft so far. If he keeps this up he will be in the seniors soon enough.

A Bulldogs defender just ran over an umpire.

edit: It was Raak, looks like both parties weren't really paying attention and the umpire cut in front of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's having an almost game, got two bombers holding onto him at all times.

he just needs time, god knows why we're wasting his development at this level, he needs to develop at the top level to be successful...

he just needs time, god knows why we're wasting his development at this level, he needs to develop at the top level to be successful...
It’s been obvious from JUH’s first game that he’s nervous and uncomfortable. I think his confidence in being able to adapt to the top level would be dropping and he needs to be given the opportunity to grab a few games by the scruff of the neck to prove to himself that he’s capable. If he can’t do that at VFL level then I fear for what he can do in first team.

Bombers working harder than us, getting more to the contest and are a bit cleaner around the packs.
Interesting that West has not spent one minute in the midfield and yet Bombers' midfield got right on top in that quarter.
Is he playing forward? Maybe with a view to him coming into the firsts.

Bombers working harder than us, getting more to the contest and are a bit cleaner around the packs.
Interesting that West has not spent one minute in the midfield and yet Bombers' midfield got right on top in that quarter.

That's a good thing for West I think. He's not going to get much of a run in the midfield when he's in the seniors so he needs to stay forward for his development. It's been one of the better games I've seen from him this year so far.

Jamarra's doing ok. Things aren't going exactly to plan, but he's working hard particularly at ground level. Been involved a bit. Had two shots on goal and should've been paid another mark inside 50. Hopefully it all clicks in the 2nd half.

Crozier has been quite good also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back