VFL Footscray vs Essendon, Whitten Oval 11:35

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally a goal for Jamarra, been an almost game for him but doesn't look like he has a lot of confidence out there. Also had two men on him at all times.

Nice mark and goal from marra, would’ve been easy to drop his head after a quiet one

Bring Buku in. Just caught the 3rd quarter and West was pretty good too. Think he deserves a crack at it over McComb and others that are playing atm

Finally a goal for Jamarra, been an almost game for him but doesn't look like he has a lot of confidence out there. Also had two men on him at all times.
If he starts actually taking even half the grabs he goes for, he'll be kicking 3-4 every week. It's just frustrating watching him drop the vast majority of marks he attempts, even if they're often under pressure

If he starts actually taking even half the grabs he goes for, he'll be kicking 3-4 every week. It's just frustrating watching him drop the vast majority of marks he attempts, even if they're often under pressure

On point - when this clicks it'll go up a notch quickly I feel.

Frustrating watching him kick at goal too. He's had 4 shots at goal, two haven't scored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly should have won that one by a lot more.

Three obvious standouts from our AFL listed players were Khamis, Cleary and West. Jones did some good stuff but was in and out of the game a bit too much.

The game turned after half time when West was moved into the centre. His bullocking efforts inspired a few others and the team had a great 3rd quarter.
The result should have been expected considering the Bombers had a lot of young and top-up players in their team.

We've found one in Cleary - once he adds to his frame. He's outplaying blokes with AFL experience, older and more years on a list.

How was Parker and Jones? Desperate for some attacking wing options

Jones flashes in and out of the game. Had a spectacular mark and kicked a good running goal but didn't do a lot other then that.

I don't rate Parker at all. Runs around like a headless chook mostly and isn't clean when he's near it. Gave away a 50m penalty and goal also. I thought he was our worst.

Jones flashes in and out of the game. Had a spectacular mark and kicked a good running goal but didn't do a lot other then that.

I don't rate Parker at all. Runs around like a headless chook mostly and isn't clean when he's near. Gave away a 50m penalty and goal also. I thought he was our worst.
Jones will never be the sort of guy to take a VFL game by storm. Strikes me as a guy that won’t look out of place at AFL level when he get his chance through pure pace and skill alone. Low possession impact player.

How was Parker and Jones? Desperate for some attacking wing options
Jones did his usual cameo things, some good others not so. Seems to spend a lot of time on the bench in the 2nd half of games. Time is on his side.
Parker I'm thinking maybe a miss. Big query on skill level and looks a bit of a plodder. May be a better backman than a winger. Early days but not over impressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back