VFL Footscray vs Essendon, Whitten Oval 11:35

Remove this Banner Ad

The dude is talented but appears to be treacle slow. May just look like it on camera.
He does have a quick step but at the same time
Might be something the dogs can fix when hes in a full time system (dieting, conditioning etc)

When do we start to worry that JUH pick 1 maybe a Josh Schache pick 2. I would say I am a little concerned at the moment thought he would shown more but still way to early to call. However from what I have seen he seems to have good forward craft and skills but there is something missing. Hoping it is just strength which he will no doubt develop over time and experience. The way we deliver the ball to our forwards in both grades is no help to a young player.
I think we can temper our expectations when you consider that neither Thilthorpe or McDonald - both also key forwards taken early in the draft - can cement a spot either. A lack of play in 2020 really hindered everyone's development in that draft. It's looking very weak as a entire draft class nearly a season and a half on and it's very easy to think that that's linked to the impact of COVID on development in 2020-21.

What did people make of Cleary?
He didn't have a lot to beat against Essendon but there's no doubt his improvement curve is there to see each week. Appears to have a cool head and delivers the ball well. He's a very good size for a half back flanker but he's not physically strong enough yet to match it with bigger opponents. Looks to have plenty of development in him.

I think we can temper our expectations when you consider that neither Thilthorpe or McDonald - both also key forwards taken early in the draft - can cement a spot either. A lack of play in 2020 really hindered everyone's development in that draft. It's looking very weak as a entire draft class nearly a season and a half on and it's very easy to think that that's linked to the impact of COVID on development in 2020-21.
Those two also had uninterrupted seasons in the WAFL and SANFL so would be better prepared than jamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back