Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Off-season yaaaaaay

Time to make your confessions:

- Players / clubs you should hate, but actually like or admire

- Your own players you should love, but don’t really rate.

And no, I don’t mean like “I admire Fyfe” etc, the obvious ones. If you’re gonna confess, it has to be something you feel a little bit wrong about.

I’ll start: in what appears to be stark contrast to most non-North supporters, I love Brent Harvey. Love watching him play, always have. Think he’s an absolute marvel and a freak. His speed at his age is ridiculous and at full flight he’s a joy to behold as he burns away guys nearly half his age.

Over to you BF

Off-season yaaaaaay

And no, I don’t mean like “I admire Fyfe” etc, the obvious ones. If you’re gonna confess, it has to be something you feel a little bit wrong about.

I’ll start: in what appears to be stark contrast to most non-North supporters, I love Brent Harvey. Love watching him play, always have. Think he’s an absolute marvel and a freak. His speed at his age is ridiculous and at full flight he’s a joy to behold as he burns away guys nearly half his age.

Over to you BF

As could be deduced from my postings, I too like Brent Harvey and as a Hawthorn supporter, would have zero problem with him breaking Tucky's record.

But that's not really a confession. I have come to admire Jobe Watson (the player, not the putrid BF poster) during the whole drugs saga. He is the only EFC personality about whom I can say this.

Off-season yaaaaaay

Over to you BF

Still can't believe Schoenclangers is a Premiership player & that we've re-signed him, while his trade value is at a premium.:drunk:

Share your admiration for the midget from North....Always wished he played for us.

Also loved the way Stevie Jay & Chappy use to tear us a new one time after time in exposing all our try-hard, soft-utensils....They played footy the way we did in the 80's ah-la Dipper, Dermie & Ayres.

It was Stevie Jay & Chappy who drove the Cats to their Premierships....I feel so dirty.:cry:

I actually like BT's commentary...

Also, after this years effort, I think Matt Priddis is a deserving Brownlow Medalist. Shane Woewodin can have his title back.

One last one... I really like watching Hawthorn play. Play footy hard but really skilfully. They're a hard team to dislike right now.

i wouldn't want him calling the GF but i agree he's great entertainment

Okay. Here goes. I'll get banned from the Essendon board, but I actually don't mind Caro.

Bye Essendon board :(

Lets get sumfin straight here....Are you saying that you would 'tap dat thing'?:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Dustin Martin as a footballer / person (as much as one can "like" someone as a person without knowing them personally) infinitely more than Trent Cotchin. This despite Cotchin being the professional, clean cut, goody-goody type (and the captain) while Dustin Martin is almost the complete opposite.

Martin plays football within his limitations and doesn't try to be something he isn't. Cotchin is a quality player but his attempts at being a tough guy are cringeworthy, and some of his comments in the media, even the way he plays the game at times, have somewhat of a selfish feel to them.

There was a time when I thought I'd hate Wingard - due to his wobbly bottom lip, hairstyling antics - but he's just so damn good that I just enjoy watching him play.

I may get a lot of crap from our supporters for this but I have ocassional doubts about Kieren Jack's mental toughness and killer instinct. I have this image I can't shake of Crowley giving him s**t for flinching while backing into a contest in the 2013 PF. Seems to often go missing when we need him most and he's probably only our 3rd best midfielder. I'd rather lose him than Kennedy or Hannebery yet he's our co-captain. Go figure.

I like Dustin Martin as a footballer / person (as much as one can "like" someone as a person without knowing them personally) infinitely more than Trent Cotchin. This despite Cotchin being the professional, clean cut, goody-goody type (and the captain) while Dustin Martin is almost the complete opposite.

Martin plays football within his limitations and doesn't try to be something he isn't. Cotchin is a quality player but his attempts at being a tough guy are cringeworthy, and some of his comments in the media, even the way he plays the game at times, have somewhat of a selfish feel to them.

there's something very refreshing and endearing about players who are just happy to be themselves and not have to put up a front for the cameras. i feel like dane swan fits that bill as well and most people really seem to like him.

Honestly not really controversial, I think most would agree with you. Dusty is the classic anti-hero bad boy, Cotchin the nerd. Pretty standard stuff

Always thought Matt Priddis was an average footballer - was well wrong about that. Great player and seems like a lovely bloke.
I have a lot of respect for the Tiger Army who front up week in, week out despite their ongoing disappointments and false dawns.
I got Tex Walker 100% wrong. Thought he would be a joke as a captain. Happy to say I screwed that one up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back