Forget 'rivalries', for us it's all about winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Sheedy has proved how far manufactured rivalries can take you but they need to be embraced fully by the clubs and have creative ways of getting media attention in the lead up. I think the Dreamtime game is a bit of a crock, hasn't North had more Indigenous players than any other team? (I'm not 100% sure) and surely Port and Freo have as a percentage of their years in the AFL. I think if Sheeds was a Kanga man the Eureka game may actually have worked.

For me, there's no bigger round than rivalry round. It's like my Grand Final if you ask me. I'm on tender-hooks all week & there's even the occasional chunder on the morning of the game. It's about time we knocked the cats off their perch. I can't remember the last time we beat these guys it's been that long. Was it 2007 at Shell Stadium? I was there that day & when Hale kicked his 8th goal, I knew we were home. That was a day for the `Aegis' if you get my drift.

....it's all about winning.

Really?

I am not a fan of the "cultural change" that has taken place down there in recent years.

It's dangerous to mess with our historical identity.

We badly lack a showman type down at Arden street.

Really?

I am not a fan of the "cultural change" that has taken place down there in recent years.

It's dangerous to mess with our historical identity.

We badly lack a showman type down at Arden street.
Strangely I would have thought JB was a perfect showman but he seems to play all club related stuff with a straight bat. I understand why he would but I wouldn't mind if he exploited his media profile a bit more. I think there is unnecessary media pressure to be too serious.

Strangely I would have thought JB was a perfect showman but he seems to play all club related stuff with a straight bat. I understand why he would but I wouldn't mind if he exploited his media profile a bit more. I think there is unnecessary media pressure to be too serious.

When does JB ever razz up the opposition?

He's "Mr Nice".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back