Autopsy Forget rock bottom - Roos enter the event horizon vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

That was rough. I still reckon we can turn this thing around somewhat after a massive offseason.
We just have no idea how to put 4 quarters together or how to win. That's 4 games we've left on the table under 12 points this year.
Maybe the retirement and rumoured delistings (Hall) have started to hit the group that changes are coming?
We looked either flat or lazy, just didn't look like we wanted it badly enough, our pressure was way below what WCE produced.
Is that a fatigue or fitness issue? Effort? Probably all three. Sheezel looked like he was bloody sore, he might need a rest.
That one win isn't going to mean a whole lot in the scheme of things but it would've been good for the energy/spirit of the group.
One thing that sticks out is we're trialing "outside 5" a lot rather than "hard' manning the mark.
We look like the worst forward pressure group in the comp. Comben made a massive difference with his tackling pressure earlier in the year but our smalls can't lock anything inside the forward 50. We also have probably the worst defense in the competition.
Get rid of the players who aren't up to it and challenge those who are there to get out of this position.
You’ll have to get rid of
35 players .

The only thing that’s soft is NMFC.

You’d be a mug to throw your hard earned at this bunch of flogs disrespecting the jumper and the fans.
A statement needs to be made, because they certainly ain’t making one.
So you’re not buying a membership next year then?

Spent the day at the Oval, where the gloomy weather matched my mood after North game.
I told all who would listen we'd lose. People were under an illusion things weren't as bad as they actually are.
Now the truth is there for all to see.
I remember when we won first two games and I looked at fixtures and thought we'd lose next 10. But 17 in a row?
We are in deep doo doo.
With Ziebell, McKay and Logue all gone.... We could lose 42 on trot.

The best thing about our turnovers was that most were under little to no pressure. It wasn’t like West Coast were putting on elite pressure.

Are we sure they are running an AFL program? How can you have so many players on a list that can’t even do something like kick to a teammates advantage under no pressure?

I knew we wouldn’t win this. West coast played at home against a team they thought if they tried hard enough they could beat. Jack Darling from the first bounce took to task and was destroying us in the air. Their pressure rating was off the charts for most of the game. They believed they could win, we believed it was just going to happen.

Many many moments, second efforts, chasing, communication was non existent. 3 players attack the ball, no one outside is a break down in communication. Second efforts, too many players to mention were in a 1v1 lost the initial contest and didn’t put in post contest and just walked around. These moments lose games of footy. When you tackle, apply pressure and communicate. Its the foundation of team work. Saw absolutely none of that in 3/4’s. I didn’t watch the last. CBF’d

Last edited:
To put this into perspective, we have been, and will continue to be, every bit as rubbish as the pitiful Melbourne team of the early 2000s that infamously tanked and then found themselves in a long-term vicious cycle of failure. The GoDees finished in the bottom 3 every year except 2 from 2007-2014. For 6 out of 8 years Melbourne was essentially a bye.

This era for North is every bit as bad. It started in 2020 and has already been going for 4 years. 2024 will be similar without any quality key defenders, taking us to 5 out of 7 years. Melbourne only ‘won’ the spoon twice in that period, which we have already matched and may yet surpass.

This is also a worse record than either Gold Coast or GWS when they first joined the league.

We are not only the worst North Melbourne team in living memory, we are actually the worst AFL/ VFL team in living memory.

I believe we have most of the off field personnel in place to turn this around, with more to be done in list management and strength and conditioning. But if Brady Rawling is still at North Melbourne, after assembling some of the worst playing lists in history at TWO clubs, then the club is choosing to continue the path of dismal failure and I refuse to associate with people who choose failure.

Last edited:
To put this into perspective, we have been, and will continue to be, every bit as rubbish of the pitiful Melbourne team of the early 2000s that infamously tanked and then found themselves in a long-term vicious cycle of failure. The GoDees finished in the bottom 3 every year except 2 from 2007-2014. For 6 out of 8 years Melbourne was essentially a bye.

This era for North is every bit as bad. It started in 2020 and has already been going for 4 years. 2024 will be similar without any quality key defenders, taking us to 5 out of 7 years. Melbourne only ‘won’ the spoon twice in that period, which we have already matched and may yet surpass.
The rules were different in the Melbourne era, 666 and stand rules mean we have a much harder time at defending run. Im not sure if people understand this but if these rules have been in play for the last 20 years, the loss streaks would be significant of all these s**t teams in the past.

I think the most disappointing thing about last nights game is that the reality is we are likely not to win another game for the year.

That means that we would have failed to improve on a 2 in season and unlike last year when we could see that change was coming with the departure of Noble, what is going to be the catalyst for change this year?

I'm not sure how to summarise how I feel about the game itself - what happened in quarters 1 and 3? Zero intent, zero pressure - it didn't look like anyone cared.

Coaches and players say it CAN turn quite easily and when it does it will happen quickly but I can't see where it comes from.

Can we make real changes that will turn this sh*tshow around without blowing it all up again?

I was at my daughter's U16 football game yesterday. Next to the oval, a team of u15 boys were warming up. They were talking and playing around - next minute their coach went off. Got them together and gave them a massive spray 😳 oh my!

Everyone on the ground turned to see what was going on...even the players playing.

After his spray, the boys got down to business warming up and you didn't hear a peep out of them.

If this coach did that to my daughter's team, half the girls would be in tears.

Maybe we need this coach from yesterday to come in and give the North players a spray. 😠

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine how bad we'd be if Clarko hadn't knocked down that wall in the club offices!
Pretender football club mate.
They are all having a lend.

I was at my daughter's U16 football game yesterday. Next to the oval, a team of u15 boys were warming up. They were talking and playing around - next minute their coach went off. Got them together and gave them a massive spray 😳 oh my!

Everyone on the ground turned to see what was going on...even the players playing.

After his spray, the boys got down to business warming up and you didn't hear a peep out of them.

If this coach did that to my daughter's team, half the girls would be in tears.

Maybe we need this coach from yesterday to come in and give the North players a spray. 😠
Under 15s? What a dick.

Was it Giantroo or Uberoo who last saw a live win v Port in 2019 ?

Indictment on the PLAYERS / club since then.

I'm at 3;
. v Wet Toast x 2
. v Tigers ( in a surprise )

Last edited:
Imagine how bad we'd be if Clarko hadn't knocked down that wall in the club offices!

Yep having the players have easy access to the latte machine and avoiding having to open 3 doors and walk the length of the corridor really has made them softer 😎

Was it Giantroo or Uberoo who last saw a win v Port in 2019 ?

Indictment on the PLAYERS / club since then.

I'm at 3;
. v Wet Toast x 2
. v Tigers ( in a surprise )
Yes, it was me. :'(

I think the most disappointing thing about last nights game is that the reality is we are likely not to win another game for the year.

That means that we would have failed to improve on a 2 in season and unlike last year when we could see that change was coming with the departure of Noble, what is going to be the catalyst for change this year?

I'm not sure how to summarise how I feel about the game itself - what happened in quarters 1 and 3? Zero intent, zero pressure - it didn't look like anyone cared.

Coaches and players say it CAN turn quite easily and when it does it will happen quickly but I can't see where it comes from.

Can we make real changes that will turn this sh*tshow around without blowing it all up again?
That is the issue. These same players and coaches keep saying it will turn and just expecting it to happen.

I have news for them, it won’t turn unless you making it ******* turn.

Hardly any of that playing list works hard enough to achieve anything but failure.

The coaches need to stop telling them everything is ok, it will magically change and start giving them the home truths they need to hear.

They are pathetic, lazy and heartless. Until they want to do something about that, nothing is changing.

Under 15s? What a dick.
Not at all. I saw my u14,s mucking around in the warm up of a prelim against a side that spanked us all year. Gave them a spray, they warmed up well and then kicked 5 goals to non in the first qtr. The captain came up to me at qtr time and said I should give them a spray more often.

Too many passengers but the kids are trying. We need 2 more years of more talented kids and hopefully get Sanders with pick 2, 3 for Mckay who is ******* terrible and 14-18 for the Port pick. If we can get a high pp Is crucial for us this year. This will change our list with 8 more gun kids and hopefully a few free agents and in 2026 we will be knocking on the door of the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back