Autopsy Forget rock bottom - Roos enter the event horizon vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I get so sick of reading or this crap about the NMFC how s**t we are how hopeless we are our players are spuds always the same posters going on and on about what a joke of a footy club we are then bagging out players for not respecting the jumper. If the club is so bad dont follow us anymore we dont need negative supporters. Yeah sure positive negativity to a point is ok but some on here never post anything good about us . I must be getting old and grumpy but i could never bag us out like some do on here.

I get so sick of reading or this crap about the NMFC how s**t we are how hopeless we are our players are spuds always the same posters going on and on about what a joke of a footy club we are then bagging out players for not respecting the jumper. If the club is so bad dont follow us anymore we dont need negative supporters. Yeah sure positive negativity to a point is ok but some on here never post anything good about us . I must be getting old and grumpy but i could never bag us out like some do on here.
We've lost 17 in a row. Won 11 in 4 years. Had 7 head & caretaker coaches since 2019. Members are allowed to be angry. Get the f*** over it.

Standard game:

Don't turn up for 10-30 minutes
Rally in Q2 and/or Q3
Switch off for 15-30 minutes
Rally and lose

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
we have consistently lost games of football this year by a poor 20-40 minutes of the game

1690759076545.png
Teams get momentum that we cannot arrest and when they have that momentum they typically score heavily enough that we spend all our tickets trying to get out of the hole we've been put in.

What's more is the momentum they drive is easy to tell when it is coming. As soon as they put pace on the ball. Yesterday and last week are perfect examples of this. The start of the game yesterday it was perfectly clear that West Coast had A) come to play and B) were going to surge the ball forward and overwhelm our defence. In the third they sent 1 sometimes 2 extras to the stoppage to deny access and impede LDU, this is a failure from the coaches box and the "leadership" on field not to address the issue.

Last week the bit that stick out is the start of the last where St Kilda just bullied us to get he ball. They literally bullied their way to the win in about 10 minutes of flat out footy at the start of the last.

The TL ; DR version of this is that teams know we can be scored against heavily and it doesn't matter it that team is first or last they all have confidence that if they want it enough we'll allow them to have it.

I am done. How am I suppose to keep
My daughter interested when the team is Not. s**t s**t and more s**t. How can we not beat a team That was beaten by a hundred points a free weeks before. LDU, Sheeez and Curtis. The rest can f**k off
Watching the AFLW with her is probably the safer option for now.

It is still the lack of movement that bothers me most. With a couple of exceptions players are flat footed, not running on, not chasing their opponent, lack of second efforts. You see the opposition spread and we are nowhere near them, make little effort to close on them..................is that coaching, skills, game plan?

It is still the lack of movement that bothers me most. With a couple of exceptions players are flat footed, not running on, not chasing their opponent, lack of second efforts. You see the opposition spread and we are nowhere near them, make little effort to close on them..................is that coaching, skills, game plan?
That’s why LDU gets caught quite a few times a game. Wins the ball, makes the play and then has no one to dish the ball off to. They all sit and watch.

The only other midfielder that is proactive is Wardlaw, who has played 6 games.

It’s a little bit of coaching, but mostly it’s just s**t players with NFI and no leaders to guide them.

It’s like our dumb handball it to the stationery player who is about to be tackled play style.

Jy and Luke should be setting the example, but it’s hard when they are part of the problem.

That’s why LDU gets caught quite a few times a game. Wins the ball, makes the play and then has no one to dish the ball off to. They all sit and watch.

It’s a little bit of coaching, but mostly it’s just s**t players with NFI and no leaders to guide them.

It’s like our dumb handball it to the stationery player who is about to be tackled play style.

Jy and Luke should be setting the example, but it’s hard when they are part of the problem.
I just don't get how we can be that bad for so long. Zero improvement in that area at all. Pretty basic stuff.

They do one of two things and shits me off to no end. Stand and do nothing, not presenting any options or * off and look to present as an option when they need to hang back and shepherd/protect the ball carrier.

I just don't get how we can be that bad for so long. Zero improvement in that area at all. Pretty basic stuff.
It’s just a recurring nightmare really.

I need to stop giving a * what this playing list does on a weekend. They don’t seem to really care that much about the club being a laughing stock.

Look at the onfield leaders.

McDonald
Simpkin
McKay
Larkey - good forward but doesn’t scream great leader

The only one two that know how to lead players are a retiring player and one that came out of retirement.

A Michael Firrito or Scott Thompson would be worth their weight in gold in that current side just for their leadership.

I was at my daughter's U16 football game yesterday. Next to the oval, a team of u15 boys were warming up. They were talking and playing around - next minute their coach went off. Got them together and gave them a massive spray oh my!

Everyone on the ground turned to see what was going on...even the players playing.

After his spray, the boys got down to business warming up and you didn't hear a peep out of them.

If this coach did that to my daughter's team, half the girls would be in tears.

Maybe we need this coach from yesterday to come in and give the North players a spray.

Noble tried that and the players had him sacked

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They do one of two things and shits me off to no end. Stand and do nothing, not presenting any options or * off and look to present as an option when they need to hang back and shepherd/protect the ball carrier.
So in other words they do everything you shouldn’t do?

The scary thing is we are talking about AFL level players that have as much idea as a kid playing Auskick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a different world for LDU if he had Wardlaw, McKercher and Sanders around him at these stoppages. Players who haven't been tainted by our laziness and kniw how to be in position to help him out.

Repeatedly! Like I don’t know how it is even possible. This is juniors level s**t
I can sit and watch out game and pretty much call the * is before they make it.

It’s like some idiot has programmed them to make dumb decisions.

The stand rule is a perfect example. Most players take that extra time so the player is stationery as they have to stand and then runs off them. Our players take off immeadiately with the opposition player on the move and rush their disposal.

It’s just dumb decision after dumb decision.

we have consistently lost games of football this year by a poor 20-40 minutes of the game

View attachment 1760603
Teams get momentum that we cannot arrest and when they have that momentum they typically score heavily enough that we spend all our tickets trying to get out of the hole we've been put in.

What's more is the momentum they drive is easy to tell when it is coming. As soon as they put pace on the ball. Yesterday and last week are perfect examples of this. The start of the game yesterday it was perfectly clear that West Coast had A) come to play and B) were going to surge the ball forward and overwhelm our defence. In the third they sent 1 sometimes 2 extras to the stoppage to deny access and impede LDU, this is a failure from the coaches box and the "leadership" on field not to address the issue.

Last week the bit that stick out is the start of the last where St Kilda just bullied us to get he ball. They literally bullied their way to the win in about 10 minutes of flat out footy at the start of the last.

The TL ; DR version of this is that teams know we can be scored against heavily and it doesn't matter it that team is first or last they all have confidence that if they want it enough we'll allow them to have it.
being the turnover merchants we are we will continue to get reamed until we tidy up our disposals, oppos just sit off s absorb pressure then punish on the rebound when we pressure ourselves then cough it up,

chip chip chip turnover, rincse repeat. or occasioally chip chip chip, go down the line to the dead wing to a 2 versus 3 and best case OOb stoppage, otherwise comes back in spades, never do we run and gun and gain distance signaling a lead from further afield. middle of the ground is widest and hardest to defend, collingwood use it ad the main thouroughfare,

View attachment 1760603

The main reason for this is they know they won’t be punished on turnover.

We can not cleanly transition the ball which results in turnovers and it’s rinse and repeat.

It’s nauseating.

Our inside 50 differential over the course of the season is -12.1.

Which is very poor. We rarely get it in there > 50 times a game. The AFL average btw is 52.8 (ours is 46.1).
We got smashed on this stat by West Coast who had more than 60 yesterday (they average a pitiful 43.2).

So why do we struggle to get it forward of 50?

1) Backline can't rebound - poorly skilled players who kick to contests unnecessarily, ignore easy targets or miss easy targets. Other teams get repeated entries as a result.

2) Midfield can over possess and over complicate things at times... cough Jy Simpkin. Watch the better sides - win a clearance and throw it on the boot is often the strategy, especially in high pressure games, even numbers forward of the ball and a well structured forward line doesn't need 10 possessions (and turning it over) before getting it forward. We overcomplicate things so much when we win the clearance.

3) Our structure when defending opposition kick-ins. Is just horrible. Other teams set-up zones and we struggle to clear from a kick-in (skill issues aside) we just let teams have 2 or 3 uncontested marks and next minute they pump it forward into their 50. This one is on the coaches. We don't get repeat entires because of it.

4) Related to the above but tackling - our numbers are poor our, and our forward half pressure is poor this = no repeat entries, no locking it in there. Teams have time and an easy out when exiting our defense.

5) Delivery into the forward line/turnovers - intercept marks don't count as I50's I don't think and with our assortment of poorly skilled players we're too often turning it over going into 50 and also the crucial kick before entering.

Our forwards continually have no chance. Despite having a pretty good midfield we give them no chance.

I knew the game was over when Curtis Taylor took CBA's in the first quarter.

Poor list build. Give me an off season focused on speed and power running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back