News Franklin re-signs for one more year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who honestly thought at the end of 2013 when we signed him that he would end up extending his contract?

I can't be arsed finding that thread on the main board when Buddy signed for us but I imagine most people (myself included) thought the last 2 or 3 years would essentially be Buddy being paid in retirement.
Yeah for sure. Thought him missing this last year was probable.

To think him extending for another would blow past Maddos brain into pieces

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who honestly thought at the end of 2013 when we signed him that he would end up extending his contract?

I can't be arsed finding that thread on the main board when Buddy signed for us but I imagine most people (myself included) thought the last 2 or 3 years would essentially be Buddy being paid in retirement.
To be fair, didn’t he basically miss two years of football a little while ago?

To be fair, didn’t he basically miss two years of football a little while ago?

Yes that is true but even so Buddy has played 158 games for the Swans and kicked 467 goals for us. Probably won't happen as he would need to play every home and away game next year and play some finals too but he could in theory pass the number of games he played with Hawthorn next season (182 games).

Off the field Buddy doesn't like the attention. Announcing it now means it will get somewhat drowned out by the Grand Final build up.
Announcing it during the funeral of the Queen and with an MJ style is going to garner plenty of attention once it is over. Simply for the audacity alone.

Announcing it during the funeral of the Queen and with an MJ style is going to garner plenty of attention once it is over. Simply for the audacity alone.
The Royal Family will be most displeased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back