News Franklin re-signs for one more year!

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember all the talk about the Swans needing to win two flags etc for the deal to be worth it.

I think it’s been worth it regardless
but if they win on Saturday it’ll rubber stamp it as a great deal. Paid top dollar but they’re still getting 50-goal seasons and the publicity side has been huge.

Last edited:
Off the field Buddy doesn't like the attention. Announcing it now means it will get somewhat drowned out by the Collingwood prelim discussion

EFA

Good on him but why would you announce this GF week?
Richmond announced Martin's re-signing just before the 2017 finals series and it was considered to give the club a big morale boost. I'm sure Franklin and his team mates would be pumped and no less motivated to win the game. You don't need your or a team mate's retirement as motivation to win a flag. And it's only a one-year deal.

regardless of saturdays result the move has not paid dividends,in wot aspect has it ? and dont give me financial or merchandise drivel.
if they fail to salute and Frankilin goes on where does that leave Logan ?
Presumably it leaves him with another year to significantly improve under less pressure and attention

In what world does McDonald look ready to lead an AFL forward line?

Presumably it leaves him with another year to significantly improve under less pressure and attention

In what world does McDonald look ready to lead an AFL forward line?
the unknown,and you'll never know because his development may have already been hampered,let alone anutha season wasted waiting for Buddy to move on
its a premiership business this AFL,FACT is u guys have won SFA with Franklin,the records show you've won zilch,nada,zero,absolutely nuthing,its gonna be an interesting watch saturday, pressures still on Sydney & Franklin more than ever imo.

the unknown,and you'll never know because his development may have already been hampered,let alone anutha season wasted waiting for Buddy to move on
its a premiership business this AFL,FACT is u guys have won SFA with Franklin,the records show you've won zilch,nada,zero,absolutely nuthing,its gonna be an interesting watch saturday, pressures still on Sydney & Franklin more than ever imo.

Yeah nah.
You’re manufacturing this narrative that doesn’t exist. No one is judging Franklin on premierships alone because it takes more than one person to win a flag.
So many people want this to be a failure and it just isn’t. Thanks for your concern, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only has in been tremendous off field for the Swans, it also stopped upstart GWS getting traction in their market.

Buddy has now played long enough to see off the AFL largesse funded peak of GWS who will now settle into the (given their very small crowds) sideshow team in Sydney.

Been great to watch him, always longed to have him in the tri colours

Tom Browne lied to me, he said he was going to the Gold Coast :(

I hope Geelong smash the Swans on Saturday :p

That is a horrible thing to say !!! If Papley was dropped Id be very happy going for the Swans.

To be fair, didn’t he basically miss two years of football a little while ago?

Yep. Burgoyne was on his last legs and managed 250 games for us in 12 years. Buddy in 10 years may get to 170 with the Swans.

regardless of saturdays result the move has not paid dividends,in wot aspect has it ? and dont give me financial or merchandise drivel.
if they fail to salute and Frankilin goes on where does that leave Logan ?
On behalf of all swans fans I'd like to personally thank you and everyone who claimed the deal would ruin our club for the hilarious shifting of goal posts as the years on his contract have wound down.

This takes the cake though... After signing an extension on the contract he'd apparently never see out, and on the eve of potentially winning the flag that is apparently the only measure of success, we suddenly get this impressive backpedaling effort where even a flag on top of everything else he's done is still not enough. Truly impressive stuff. Well done.

This is Franklin's career at the swans...

467 Goals
4 All Australians
2 Coleman Medals
3 Grand Finals
6 Times Leading Goal Kicker
3 Brett Kirk Medals

If that's a failure then please keep them coming Sydney.

On behalf of all swans fans I'd like to personally thank you and everyone who claimed the deal would ruin our club for the hilarious shifting of goal posts as the years on his contract have wound down.

Maybe wait til you win that flag. Him coming in saw others have to leave in order to pay his salary. Which includes about 2 years of payments for him not actually playing.

Essendon is rolling in cash with heaps of members. Is that worth celebrating? Or is the only thing we really want Premierships?

Maybe wait til you win that flag. Him coming in saw others have to leave in order to pay his salary. Which includes about 2 years of payments for him not actually playing.

Essendon is rolling in cash with heaps of members. Is that worth celebrating? Or is the only thing we really want Premierships?

If we're talking solely about the success of the contract it shouldn't be measured on whether or not we got a flag, it should be measured on whether or not the contract brought us closer to one.

I'd be very surprised if we would have received better value from that million a year being spent elsewhere.

Therefore I don't need to see him win a flag with us to call the deal a success.

If we're talking solely about the success of the contract it shouldn't be measured on whether or not we got a flag, it should be measured on whether or not the contract brought us closer to one.

I'd be very surprised if we would have received better value from that million a year being spent elsewhere.

Therefore I don't need to see him win a flag with us to call the deal a success.

And in the year when it was $1.5m ? That is 3 players. Or 2 elite players.

Have we not won two minor premierships?

Even if the Swans fall short on Saturday lol at anyone that thinks that it wasn't worth the Swans taking the opportunity on getting him up there.

I'm a bit nervous about him playing on next year as if his form slips I hate greats going out struggling but I'm sure he will prove me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back