News Franklin & Sydney at stalemate over new contract terms

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Swans have any thoughts at all about chasing Martin for 3 years, they will need to rid themsleves of Buddy's pay packet substanitally. At his age if he got 400 or 500k he should thank his lucky stars.
I don’t know how or why Martin is a good fit at his age, and how we could afford him.

He is on over $1 mill a year at Richmond and is contracted for next year, we’d have to pay him more than that that and cough up a decent draft pick.

We’ll need that money to pay The Chad in a couple of years.

Could North be a reasonable option?

Need to hit their salary floor and this would be the easiest possible route - 700k contract for a couple.

Would get supporters back to the game and give them an immediate star to start jagging some wins. Larkey, CCJ, Comben get a mentor for a couple of years.

Surely Freo would consider it too.

If North even inquired I'd want the board sacked. 36 year old Buddy Franklin on $800k is not a smart move for a club in a rebuilding phase.

You'd surely only consider him if you finished top 8 this year.

I think he’s worth what he wants because it’s not a long term deal and do you really believe a player like Charlie Dixon should be on more than Buddy?

The farewell tour and merchandise would make them back every cent of a million I think, I’d pay him big bucks for one more year and say let’s ham this up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to hit their salary floor and this would be the easiest possible route - 700k contract for a couple.

Would get supporters back to the game and give them an immediate star to start jagging some wins. Larkey, CCJ, Comben get a mentor for a couple of years.

WTF?

Like any negotiation he will end up somewhere in the middle - I'm guessing 600K for a year and part of that could be ambassador money. They wont want to lose him just for the marketing loss

You know what?

It wouldn't be a bad idea for freo to have Buddy Franklin for a season or 2.

Can help fill out that 60,000 seat Perth stadium.

Don't have to trade multiple 1st round picks.

Freo hasn't played or won a final since 2015. So that's a good 6 years. Buddy has a lot of finals experience.

He can also try and guide Freo to a possible flag.

Also with Rory Lobb possibly wanting to be traded, the money is there too.

Idk why anyone would want him at his current age/price? Maybe he could be a bit of a mentor role for a young club like North? I think Sydney are better without him personally, I don’t think they will be too fussed.
Because 50 goal a year forwards are hard to find and he is still that level of player.

You know what?

It wouldn't be a bad idea for freo to have Buddy Franklin for a season or 2.

Can help fill out that 60,000 seat Perth stadium.

Don't have to trade multiple 1st round picks.

Freo hasn't played or won a final since 2015. So that's a good 6 years. Buddy has a lot of finals experience.

He can also try and guide Freo to a possible flag.

Also with Rory Lobb possibly wanting to be traded, the money is there too.

Do you think Jesinta will wanna move the family to Perth though?

Superagent Jesinta weaving her magic already
She's driving his price up. There not going anywhere far from Sydney. Wouldn't make much sense considering he up and left the best team in the country at the time for Jesinta in the 1st place to than move interstate and play for another club. Nothing will come of this. Swans will fork out 600k and everyone moves on.

Do you think Jesinta will wanna move the family to Perth though?
Zero chance. If you knew the circumstances behind Bud going to Sydney than it wouldn't even be a talking point. Sydney either pay up or he retires with a nice settlement package with Jesinta becoming the brand of the family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back