Fremantle board rules "Updated"! - please read before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is that you are self aware enough to know these descriptions are applicable to your posts. It's interesting that you realise this but soldier on for what you believe is the greater good. The end justifies the means and all that.

Seppo

It's something we're aware of and have been considering the best way to handle.

I've thought that as a general rule letting things flow has been a better way to go.

However, we have been fielding a steady stream of posters complaining of similar things, and I'm inclined to agree with them at this point in time.
I'm more concerned at the moment that people are disinclined to post than I am about letting things flow freely.
I'm also aware that I've not been immune from posting similarly on occasion.
To All posters
Argue your points without the constant aggression and the snideness.

Thread bans will be handed out as a starting point, and we'll see where it goes from there.

As a general rule Seppo and I have had a general philosophy of letting the board flow. We allow topics to meander and take themselves off course a bit, because we find it more interesting that way, and generally allow spirited discussion

However, we have been fielding a steady stream of posters complaining of too much aggression, condescension and unwillingness to compromise, and I'm inclined to agree with them at this point in time.

I'm more concerned at the moment that people are disinclined to post than I am about letting things flow freely.
I'm also aware that I've not been immune from posting similarly on occasion.
To All posters
Argue your points without the constant aggression and the snideness.

Thread bans will be handed out as a starting point, and we'll see where it goes from there.

I think a bit more patience and civility could be shown from a lot of us from all sides even if you think their opinion is quite ridiculous. Although last weekend I must say that I was quite astounded to see a post threatening people and then 'bricking' someone not deleted and just left there when there was at least one mod that would have seen it. That's pretty disgraceful behaviour imo and they didn't appear to receive any punishment at.

My point is that you are self aware enough to know these descriptions are applicable to your posts. It's interesting that you realise this but soldier on for what you believe is the greater good. The end justifies the means and all that.

Ok, lets CIVILLY take this one step further to clear the air.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the Mitch Clark thread would be a case in point.

I questioned the relevance of that thread on this board due to the following reasons

1.) Clark's complete non-connection with the club.
2.) Clark's behaviour towards the club.
3.) The availability of it to be discussed in threads already open for such a purpose.

Then the reaction

1.) The OP immediately dropped the lip at my suggestion.
2.) Other posters joined with personal attacks on me, without addressing my points.
3.) MANY, and I would say the majority of respondents, agreed with my opinion.

Yet, I was almost demonised for having a common sense approach to the issue.

I do think that some people here see my, and others names, and their eyes glaze over, regardless of the content.

I don't think that what I said was unreasonable in any way, shape or form. And yes, if somebody attacks me for no good reason, (which happens all to frequently), I will respond in kind.

The solution?

Either demand a lift in the level of posting

or

Man up when you make a fool of yourself and people call you on it.

Let's say that's all true. You made common sensed, reasoned thought and were demonised for this.

Why then did you think my post regarding arrogant, patronising and controlling persons in a separate thread was specifically about you and your posts in that specific thread. (your "wild" guess)

Let's say that's all true. You made common sensed, reasoned thought and were demonised for this.

Why then did you think my post regarding arrogant, patronising and controlling persons in a separate thread was specifically about you and your posts in that specific thread. (your "wild" guess)

Firstly, because I know that you don't have the pills to come out with your accusation. So I saved you the heartburn.

Secondly, I noted your post within that thread which supported the criers and moaners.

Thirdly, as I stated before, many people don't like their short-comings pointed out, especially when many other people agree, (as was the case within that thread), so it was quite obvious which one you are referring to.

Again, for all of your veiled accusations, you seem to ignore that the majority of people agreed with me.

I did not comment in an aggressive or patronising manner at all, until attacked.

It's a fair point. You were obviously making a veiled accusation and lacked the courage to name names and link to threads.

I have provided you with ample evidence of what happened in that particular thread, yet you refuse to reply.

Why is that?

Are you on a personal crusade to get people banned? Are you acting as a proxy for others?

Man up and tell the board what you really think please.

Don't bother answering him Tony_Clifton he writes his own rules on here and is answerable to nobody. Regardless of how much he ruins the BF experience of others.

Oh really?

And there is another personal attack with zero provocation and based on utter bullshit.

Your BF experience?

Spare me this rubbish please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with your solution;
demand a lift in the level of posting
and/or admit when you were mistaken

I disagree with what you think the problem is.

What does that mean though?

Was I mistaken, or was the OP in said thread wrong?

I have plenty, and I mean plenty of form for admitting when I am wrong here.

Tell us what the problem is Tony, you have gone to all of this trouble after all and this conversation seems to be going nowhere. All I am asking for is some straight talking please.

I don't know whether the OP in said thread was wrong. It certainly a debatable topic.

The problem was stated in my original post in this thread. The way we are treating our own has changed dramatically in the last couple of months for the worse.
You are intelligent enough to win most of your debates on here. Try not to be so obsessed with right and wrong. Try to treat others with respect even if their opinions differ from yours. Hold yourself to a higher standard even if others around you aren't.

Only on our board would the board rules thread get derailed like this by pages of venting that is of little or no interest to the vast majority of posters...

Seppo or Lach72 can we please have a separate board whinge thread for this stuff, and keep the rules thread to the simple essential stuff for first time newbie poster assistance, or for fans from other boards who want to know what the rules are on here.

bushie give it a rest, repetition and monotony dulls even the best messages...

I don't know whether the OP in said thread was wrong. It certainly a debatable topic.

The problem was stated in my original post in this thread. The way we are treating our own has changed dramatically in the last couple of months for the worse.
You are intelligent enough to win most of your debates on here. Try not to be so obsessed with right and wrong. Try to treat others with respect even if their opinions differ from yours. Hold yourself to a higher standard even if others around you aren't.

How can one be obsessed with being right when I am record, on many occasions, of admitting when I am wrong? That makes no sense at all.

There is a clear division on this board at present.

Many of us are tired of the bigots, racists and idiots being given free rein, then being lambasted for calling them out for what they are.

Others, and I include you, are comfortable with posters saying that, " X player definitely won't play, ( with the poster knowing zero as to why), or Y spud should be drafted/traded/FA'd as a priority, or Z player should be selected this week, (despite said player showing absolutely nothing or breaking team rules) or drop XYZ player because "I just don"t like him and his DT/SC stats are s**t".

This type of posting should be given a friendly ruff of the hair and a "won't somebody think of the children?" type of response. Apparently.

I would counter that by saying that many of us are here for mature and informed discussion, and whilst all opinions are more than welcome, the totally stupid ones will be laughed at initially, and then dealt with more harshly if repeated by the same poster.

So, I guess it comes back to reasoned, researched and informed discussion, versus just posting a mindless post on BF in the hope of recognition, and then crying when you are called out.

So yep, the division is as clear as day.

Interesting times, don't you think?

Only on our board would the board rules thread get derailed like this by pages of venting that is of little or no interest to the vast majority of posters...

Seppo or Lach72 can we please have a separate board whinge thread for this stuff, and keep the rules thread to the simple essential stuff for first time newbie poster assistance, or for fans from other boards who want to know what the rules are on here.

bushie give it a rest, repetition and monotony dulls even the best messages...

Just incredible that you would feel the need to add 5 cents of nothing.

Less incredible that you would single me out for treatment when I am responding to the initial post.

Put more smilies in your posts.

Give it up slicedndiced. No one likes your constant arguing with others on here. This forum is not designed to be about who is right or wrong. Tone it down or you wont be welcome here anymore.

Just what exactly did I say that was against the rules ?

I am responding respectfully to Tony Clifton. I did not invite the other posters advice.

How about you respond with an explanation please?

Give it up slicedndiced. No one likes your constant arguing with others on here. This forum is not designed to be about who is right or wrong. Tone it down or you wont be welcome here anymore.

I am also intruiged how you think that you speak for the board, considering some of the discontent that I receive about your modding abilities.

bushie when you are in a pub do you go around jumping into other people's conversations and "call them out" because you don't like or respect what they are saying??

Who appointed you the authority to "call out" or "deal more harshly" with posters on here??

Racists and bigots on here are banned, despite your rants against Lach and Sep.

What is not banned, and never will be, are idiots or the sort of posters that say "X player definitely won't play, ( with the poster knowing zero as to why), or Y spud should be drafted/traded/FA'd as a priority, or Z player should be selected this week, (despite said player showing absolutely nothing or breaking team rules) or drop XYZ player because "I just don"t like him and his DT/SC stats are s**t" " - because, to be frank, there is nothing wrong with people expressing their views on here.

Every single one of the examples you gave is not only not offensive, but isn't bannable under the site rules (not just our board rules). No one gave you, or anyone else, the right to ban "idiots" from posting on here.

Just because you think someone is stupid, or you feel their post lacks logic, that doesn't give you the right to abuse them, play the man, ridicule them or carry on a long running, multi-thread, multi year war with individual posters.

Be the better man. Be tolerant, or simply ignore the posts you don't value.

Or do you really charge around the pub jumping into other conversations and yelling at people who have views you don't like??

This discussion revolves around the application of the rules and how issues are to be dealt with. I think it is the perfect place for such discussion.

This discussion revolves around the application of the rules and how issues are to be dealt with. I think it is the perfect place for such discussion.

Exactly. But old axes are being ground. Bias is being defined. Grudges are being aired.

I'll cop it soon enough.

But it isn't a discussion, it is a one way rant that keeps referring to some other thread post that has nothing to do with what the board rules are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back