Review Fremantle Get Done By Richmond by 15 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad I stayed home.

JLo has some questions to answer regarding selection. It is time to reward guys like Ras and Worner playing well at Peel and drop the guys that are doing nothing.

Same old problems have returned. Get killed at stoppages and ground ball and we turn to water. Let them waltz the ball out of our forward line and go the length of the ground. Not to mention the clowns in the backline.

Wet ****ing weather football. It is a winter sport. These morons have been playing in the rain all their damn lives. How can an entire team be so ****ing pathetic as soon as the ball gets a tiny bit of moisture on it?

We missed Darcy and JOM a helluva lot more than I expected us to. Jackson is not a number 1 ruckman and the bigger body guys like Nank will monster him. He needs to ruck against the 2nd ruckman.

I have no idea how our supposed speedster in Freddy was continually burned by Macintosh. How can our smalls all be so ****ing slow? They are meant to be the quicker guys.

Aish getting KO'd changed the game.

We got kissed on the dick by the umps but I am still ****ing filthy that dangerous tackle was not called on Shooter 15m out from goal in the 2nd quarter and they proceeded to go the length of the field and score. It was a textbook sling tackle and you can't tell me not 1 of the 4 umps could see it.

The only real positive out of that is Amiss. I am still in disbelief that nobody is talking about him for the rising star.

It's academic at this point but it probably ends our top 4 chances, and hence any faint flag hopes. We won 4 in the bounce, we couldve easily lost to Melbourne and pinched this one.

That last quarter summed it up. Great first 5 mins then deplorable 15 mins where we kicked like headless chickens. Young in particular sprayed 3-4 when it was on the line.

Not brining brodie for JOM in was clearly a selection mistake but it wouldn't have made much difference.

Strangly I thought Jackson wasn't terrible, but him getting manhandled by Nank puts the trade Darcy theory to bed.
Too many other passengers to name thinking it's still the bye. Fred gave up on several chases and looked lazy, Serongs wet weather pickups are deplorable, Coxs decision making wasn't all there. I actually thought Pearce was alright tho he had a couple of howlers.

I really liked Johnsons game. Kid has a future.

It wasn’t a selection error because. Brodie is injured

Game was lost because the players didn't care, you could see it, a clear lack of effort, no urgency to get to the ball, not bothered about losing contests.

We're back to where we wear, we don't care about winning, we're fine just coasting as long as we get paid at the end of the week. It's awful to see.

You can whine about how if we had (insert player) in the team instead of Henry we would have played better and won, it doesn't matter whether we had prime Pavlich in that team, we weren't winning
Pull ya head in, how pathetic

Johnson and Amiss are going to be match winners for a very long time.

Fyfe building very nicely. His passes to Treacy (should have been a goal) and Amiss were top shelf A grade delivery. Could not have passed it better.

AP was lost and fell over a bit.

We have a very young team and at times their experience and body shape/size was telling.

I am still concerned with our back line makeup amongst Pearce, Cox and Ryan.

Would have been nice to have Ras in at the contest in the wet where getting it forward and hitting bodies is so important. Johnson wasn't perfect but did some good things. I think he is going to be a very, very good player. Good experience tonight.

The bye is stupid, it was needed when we had uneven teams but now we just have 3 weeks of less footy and a huge slap in the face to any team with momentum
Tigers had a 6 day break after travelling to Sydney last week. To use the bye as a 'momentum killing' excuse is just silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obligatory demographics stats:

1686399340514.png

Very disappointing loss but I'm not slashing my wrists like I was early in the season with some of those early diabolical losses. We got a bit of a football lesson today by a pretty experienced team who were harder and more disciplined than us for longer.

'Dockers are bad in wet weather' is fingernail deep analysis as far as I'm concerned. The weather played no part in what I saw today. They were all over us long before any rain came, and we actually outscored them during that downpour period. That mark and goal from Amiss while it was bucketing down is the best thing I've seen a Freo KPF do in the wet in many, many years.

Our defence was pretty piss poor for most of the game I thought. Cox, Clark and Pearce were all pretty ordinary defensively. Walker fumbled like he often does. I thought Young was ok until he started kicking the ball to Richmond every time he got it in the last qtr.

Still, we could have won that with a bit more composure in the last 15 mins (see aforementioned Young comment though he was far from the only one).

We missed Darcy terribly, despite Basil's snide cheap shot all of 1 minute into the game about how much Jackson was relishing 'finally' getting to play his preferred role with freedom. The eagle f**kwits in this state are determined to try drive Darcy out of the club with their narrative, and it's precisely because they know how valuable he is to us.

Speaking of commentators, I'm so heartened to see they've debuted another Victorian cheerleader in Nathan Jones. FFS, he couldn't have been riding Richmond any harder if he was one of those strippers they posted pics of after their first GF win.

Btw did anyone have any concerns that no one went to Richmond player who bumped Aish.

WC got a pizzling over it last week.

1 or 2 should have come in and at least remonstrated I would have thought.

* me we're a bunch of sooks. We got punched in the nose by a good chaos team in perfect chaos weather. Had our chances to win it but blew them.

So ******* what. We aren't winning a premiership this year. Were there 'learnings' from this? Absolutely.

Was Hughes' point a goal? Yes, but we got kissed on the dick a bit from the umps so probably levels out.

Don't sweat it. Boys went ok, few mistakes and yes we missed Darcy and JOM, as you'd expect. On the plus side Amiss gets another 3 and that 2025 flag is looking good.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon this about sums it up.

OMeara and Darcy in tonight and we get over them.

We controlled the game for long periods but then went to sleep.

Last ten of the first and first ten of the third cost us.

Thought we were on top for the rest of the game

Btw did anyone have any concerns that no one went to Richmond player who bumped Aish.

WC got a pizzling over it last week.

1 or 2 should have come in and at least remonstrated I would have thought.
We got a bunch of blokes who should be getting dropped after this game. How any of them didn't line that campaigner up, even once, is beyond me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back