Review Fremantle vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good to see Tabs show his aggressive side today. Had a wrestle with Lynden Dunn, who must've thought he was on a soccer field with that reaction, then followed it up with a nice solid bump in the following passage of play.

Oh and he's scored 7 goals in 4 games this season.

Well done buddy :thumbsu:

Yep another small step for Taberner but that's all he has to keep doing, after missing round one he's kicked 1.0. 3.2 1.1 and 2.0 - Subbed out both games where he kicked 1 goal.

If he could finish the year with 30+ it'd be a huge bonus for Freo.

Next rant is about d pearce. I love what he brings but if he lifts ten % opp teams will freak out with him and hill as threats. 9 inside 50s but should have been more damaging. On telly we never know who his opponent is. He is always forward of the play (which is his job) but a wingman in a good side may tear apart in clearances/ on rebound etc. If he has 15 touches and 12 hit targets we win.
I thought he was brilliant today.

Really good to see Tabs show his aggressive side today. Had a wrestle with Lynden Dunn, who must've thought he was on a soccer field with that reaction, then followed it up with a nice solid bump in the following passage of play.

Oh and he's scored 7 goals in 4 games this season.

Well done buddy :thumbsu:

Any chance he could be in MRP trouble for the late hit on Salem? Roos said the reason Salem was subbed out was concussion from that hit. Shouldn't be but with the MRP....

Yep, really agree with your comments. The most disappointing players so far this year have been Ballas, Walters and Sutcliffe (yeah I know suspension and knocked out today but in general). Could see Sutty getting a break but knowing Lyon always unlikely.
Good observation, they have certainly not hit their past levels at all. I'm not sure if it's because our midfield has been so dominating or they are just having a bad run with positioning and we are not 'bombing' it so much.
Sutcliffe has been the biggest disappointment for me, has been making some really questionable decisions and also allowing his man to get goal side of him far too often.

Any chance he could be in MRP trouble for the late hit on Salem? Roos said the reason Salem was subbed out was concussion from that hit. Shouldn't be but with the MRP....
Were ****ed if he's suspended that's for sure. Especially with Pav looking unlikely. I don't remember that incident, I remember him bumping someone in the forward 50 though, but I don't think it was Salem. Any footage of it?

I may be shot for saying this, but I would swap Chopper with Duffy, for now at least. Duffy is more natural forward and he makes our forward loine more potent.
Chops needs to work on his goal kicking.

Happy to eat my words here, Chops was awesome today. :)

Happy to eat my words here, Chops was awesome today. :)

Twelve tackles and 4 goals! Interesting one about Ballas and Walters. Obviously they have had their challenges getting and staying on the park, but I wonder if there is only so much ball available to them. We've had over 400 possessions most weeks and the mids are both hogging the pill and kicking goals!

Were stuffed if he's suspended that's for sure. Especially with Pav looking unlikely. I don't remember that incident, I remember him bumping someone in the forward 50 though, but I don't think it was Salem. Any footage of it?

I can't find footage, it was just before half time Salem had marked and then got a 50. I don't think it should be looked at but when a player gets concussed and the ump has given a 50 metre for it you never know.

I can't find footage, it was just before half time Salem had marked and then got a 50. I don't think it should be looked at but when a player gets concussed and the ump has given a 50 metre for it you never know.
He won't get reported for that. Was definitely in the contest, shouldn't have been a fifty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there tho? He seems to have calmed under pressure a little this season which has improved his game but I doubt we could expect significant changes to his passing ability.

Agree, his field kicking is always going to be hit and miss but at least he's been pretty good in front of goal this year. I always want him to take the shot if he's around 50.

Is there tho? He seems to have calmed under pressure a little this season which has improved his game but I doubt we could expect significant changes to his passing ability.
If there isn't then he shouldn't be playing. His passing is not acceptable yet. We would love to believe everyone can improve 10-15%. And remember pressure levels were a two out of ten today so composure can't be judged.

He's not getting as involved in general play as much as last year. I think he's playing a lot deeper. His contested marking will improve with time as will his leading patterns. Eventually as well a lot more of our attacking play will come though him as well, there is definitely room for improvement. He's also 21 and has played 17 games.

Bit worried about Pav, never seen anyone concussed with a knock to the jaw. Hope we aren't looking at a little break. Hopefully it's nothing, and he was just feeling a little weary......

Bit worried about Pav, never seen anyone concussed with a knock to the jaw. Hope we aren't looking at a little break. Hopefully it's nothing, and he was just feeling a little weary......

Didn't he get a head knock last week? It could have flared up the effects from that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back